[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ID4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: id4.jpg (10 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
id4.jpg
10 KB, 253x199
>sends planes to fight during final battle
>no submarines launching tomahawks or anything from missile silos

surely the aliens didnt destroy the whole navy?
>>
Almost thought this was /k/ for a second due to the autism in your post OP.

It's just a shitty movie that equates knowledge of flying a duster as being equal to fly modern jet fighter. As well as being able to upload a virus from an earth computer to a completely alien technology. It's a shit movie who cares?
>>
>>63721584
>a completely alien technology
The aliens used Macs?
>>
>>63721495
I believe the president had a monitor with 4x5 airplane icons.

The whole world got screwed when those 20 airplanes were shot down. apparently.
>>
>>63721495
>>no submarines launching tomahawks or anything from missile silos

I honestly wanted to see that too desu
>>
>>63721584
>As well as being able to upload a virus from an earth computer to a completely alien technology. It's a shit movie who cares?

Wasn't there something about deleted dialogue that explains that everything they learned from the roswell crash paved the way for modern computers and that's why that bullshit worked?
>>
>>63722060
Yes, a lot of human technology was based on the crashed ship. Furthermore, the alien codes were being broadcasted/manipulated through Earth satelittes so they could take advantage of people's dependency on them. And didn't they upload the virus via a Trojan delivered directly inside the mother ship? Can't any system get infected if it opens up a Trojan?
>>
>>63721584
>equates knowledge of flying a duster as being equal to fly modern jet fighter

Wasn't he a fighter pilot before?
>>
>>63722420

'Nam I think, it's why he was all messed up
>>
>>63722420
Yep. He flew Phantoms, which makes him a better airman the then current fly by wire joystick pushers.
>>
>>63722496
>>63722420

Even if he was he wouldnt be able to just fly an f/a 18. An F-4 maybe but even then they would run out of planes before they would run out of fighter pilots
>>
>>63722793

see

>>63722779

He flew real jets, not computer controlled video game bullshit that are modern fighters
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.