[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is the Star Wars Machete Order the definitive way to watch the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 483228_v2.jpg (198 KB, 610x607) Image search: [Google]
483228_v2.jpg
198 KB, 610x607
is the Star Wars Machete Order the definitive way to watch the series?

A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Attack Of The Clones, Revenge Of The Sith, Return Of The Jedi.

This introduces you to the universe through the original trilogy, but cuts it off after the cliffhanger in Empire Strikes Back—at which point you “flash back” to the prequels to see how Darth Vader came to be Darth Vader, before returning to the final chapter of the original trilogy for a nice, neat ending.
>>
What about that new movie everybody is talking about?
>>
order of release is always the best. episode 1 is worth watching as well btw.
>>
>>63721434
>episode 1 is worth watching
NOPE
>>
I tried it but I hated the prequels, it made me forget how good 4 and 5 were by the time I'd finished the OT
Plus the jump from 5 to 6 was a bit blurred after the 6 hours of film I had to watch inbetween, unless you're gonna smash it out in a day
I watched 1 as well and, as god awful it was I am glad I did, there were a lot of things I missed
Like did you know the body double of padme in TPM is Kiera Knightely? That threw me
>>
4, 5, 6 is all you really need.
>>
>>63721512
Come on senpai, it's better than 2 at least.
>Darth Maul fight scene
>Liam Neeson
>Podracing
The only outstandingly awful part is Jar Jar.
>>
HERE IS THE CORRECT ORDER:
4, 5
>>
File: Darth-Maul_632eb5af.jpg (216 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Maul_632eb5af.jpg
216 KB, 768x432
>>63721512
attack of the clones is at least as bad if not slightly worse than phantom menace desu. also darth maul is the coolest part of the entire prequel trilogy despite his disappointing screen time
>>
>>63721588
>>Darth Maul fight scene
No
>>Liam Neeson
Nah
>>Podracing
No thanks
>>
definitive order is
IV V VI (then III if you're drunk/stoned)
>>
>>63721120
>skipping an ok prequel and watching the worst prequel anyway

dumb Star Wars fans
>>
>>63721626
pretty much.

the machette order only works because it sandwiches attack of the clones between two great movies, then has you watch one okay movie and a good movie.

So just say fuck all that shit and watch 4 and 5 and forget about the rest.
>>
I'd say 4, 5, 6, 3

you can skip 1. 2 is a piece of shit anyway. If someone could edit the movie as to take out the romance subplots, it would be a little more tolerable
>>
There is only one proper ordre if you've not severe autism which is the case of 99,99% of the population :

If you don't do it in this order you will ask yourself during the movie if you did the right choice to choose a retard order .
>>
I think it's alright. But you don't "need" the prequels to enjoy the originals. Everything you need to know is in the original trilogy itself.

On the other hand, the prequels greatly benefit from having seen the originals. They mostly assume that the audience has. For this reason you might as well just watch them in release order.
>>
Skip prequels completely
>>
>>63722122

This.

>there are fag enablers in this thread that denounce the gutter trash prequels yet still use the "IV, V, VI" numerology to refer to the originals

Luke, did I ever tell you about Anonymous? He was a downs syndrome retard.
>>
>>63721713
Ep. 2 did at least have SOME narrative impact on what followed. The impact each and everything happening in Ep. 1, barring the death of Qui-Gon, on the rest of the series is pretty darn close to zero.
No, really, is there ONE thing in Ep. 1 that is of any consequence?
>>
>>63721795
>the whole point of anakin turning to the dark side is because he loved too much when jedis are not supposed to date qts
>Luke could've turned to the dark side because of too much love for his friends and family

>EDIT THE ROMANCE OUT
>>
>>63723932
yeah, you heard me. it's awkward, stilted shit.
>>
>>63722347

Fuck you pussy
>>
I like going 4, 5, Phantom Edit, 6. No order with the originals will be perfect and please everybody, but the Edit does a lot of things right in my opinion.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.