[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/. I've played a good deal of detective videogames
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: noir.jpg (13 KB, 396x243) Image search: [Google]
noir.jpg
13 KB, 396x243
Hey /tv/. I've played a good deal of detective videogames recently, but right now I want to get into more film Noir. I recently watched the Maltese Falcon, and thought it was pretty cool. I enjoy that time period and setting. What are some other classics I should see just getting into the genre?
>>
Jessica Jones!!!!!
>>
Check out Chinatown, LA Confidential, and The Long Goodbye to get a taste of the genre.
>>
>>63720022
Watch Double indemnity, The big sleep and Out of the past
>>
>>63720022
I've heard The Third Man and Casablanca are essentials.
>>
Add to this list of what people have already put:

The Killers
Sunset Boulevard
A Touch of Evil
The Third Man
The Asphalt Jungle
Pickup on Southstreet
The Killing
>>
The Big Sleep is the best
Key Largo aswell
>>
>>63720053
>>63720250
>>63720691
>>63720745
>>63720856
>>63722009
all added to the list, thanks guys.
What are some elements in noir you guys appreciate or don't appreciate? For me, I greatly look forward to the banter between two tough cookies or one jagged man giving someone the shakedown
>>
>>63722095
Though guys bantering eachother is always nice but I like it when the protag is being an smug smart-ass against everyone.
>>
File: ThisGunForHire.jpg (37 KB, 450x341) Image search: [Google]
ThisGunForHire.jpg
37 KB, 450x341
>>63720022
This Gun For Hire
The Glass Key
The Blue Dahlia
Mildred Pierce
Murder My Sweet
>>
>>63720745
Casablanca is just an essential film, regardless of genre considerations.
>>
The Big Combo
The Big Heat
White Heat

A lot of John Alton's stuff is worth watching for his work alone.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.