[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: sheev2.jpg (39 KB, 700x301) Image search: [Google]
sheev2.jpg
39 KB, 700x301
>take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it.

What did he mean by this? Isn't a sith weapon too?
>>
It is a Sith weapon too, after prequel retcons.
>>
>>63713071
Ya but it's green. Sith lightsabers are red. Duh.
>>
>>63713071
His weapon in particular is a Jedi weapon, though.
>>
The only reason vader had a lightsaber was because he used to be a jedi.

Lightsabers were never a big part of force users.
>>
Yes. But it is also a Jedi weapon.
>>
>>63713071
>Isn't a sith weapon too?
No. It's a glib facsimile.
>>
>>63713127
The red is because the Sith use synthetic crystals which are red. They use them because the places where normal crystals are found are controlled by the jedi.
>>
It's a taunt faggot. Go on, be a big jedi, show me by picking up that weapon.

Derp.

/'sup? 'sup! 'sup?
>>
Made you wonder why the emperor was "powerful" if he didnt have a sword

then he pisses lightning everywhere. prequels kind of ruined everything because now EVERYONE shoots lightning and has a sword.
>>
>>63713386
how were they controlled by the jedi after the purge?
>>
>>63713471
And the worat of the worst is that lightsabers can absorb force lighting
>>
In the OT Light Sabers were the weapons of Jedi Knights. No where in the OT does anything about Sith being opposites of Jedi show up. Rather the natural explanation for Darth Vaders weapon is that he was a Jedi Knight and continues to use a light saber. The Emperor treats Light Sabers like toys.
>>
>>63713514
Illum is a secret planet hidden in some nebula in the dark corners of the galaxy, and doesn't figure on any map

That's how they explain it anyway

but the reality is that siths just like red sabers because they're edgy and the original siths were red skinned
>>
>>63713202
>Lightsabers were never a big part of force users.
This.

Yoda and Sheev looked down on physical weapons because the force is much more powerful.

But then Lucas went full autismo in the prequels because the audience loved lightsabers and made them some kind of ultimate weapon.
>>
>>63713665
That's because the prequels, like TFA contained no new ideas and simply aped the success of the Original movies. Anything that didn't reinforce and expand upon the existing material was excluded outright.
>>
File: anh_jabba_v1_2.jpg (39 KB, 584x247) Image search: [Google]
anh_jabba_v1_2.jpg
39 KB, 584x247
>>63713071
>those awful lightsaber colors

How the fuck did those DVDs ever get approved? Why dies no one ever tell George things look like shit?
>>
File: About lightsabers.gif (874 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
About lightsabers.gif
874 KB, 500x250
>>63713665
This
>You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy!
>>
>>63713665

It's funny because the McQuarrie concept art actually had everyone use lightsabers, including Stormtroopers and a much earlier incarnation of Han Solo.

They were pretty much just gonna be space swords that I'm sure anyone could have gotten a hold of.
>>
>>63713864
Is that Elijah Wood?
>>
>>63713618
This. Sheev had ULTIMATE POWER and didn't need toys
>>
File: 1448523018974.gif (491 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
1448523018974.gif
491 KB, 250x186
>>63714144
>ULTIMATE POWER
That's not how it goes.
>>
>>63713658
wouldn't Darth Vader know where it is because he used to be a jdei and would have had to go to that exact same planet to get his crystal?
>>
>>63714361
red started out as a replacement because the normal crystals were controlled by jedi. then it became tradition, so most sith use red even if they can get normal ones.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.