[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show is perfect. everything about it is great.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 2
File: iu[1].jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
This show is perfect.

everything about it is great.
>>
>House in 1902
>>
>>63710541
>Sherlock Holmes in 2004
>>
>>63710496
JUST
>>
>>63710541
I've never enjoyed any medical tv shows but this one exceeds in everything.
>>
What's it called, OP? I like that dude in the middle, he's an okay actor
>>
>>63710645
Calling it a medical show or comparing it to House is reductionist I think. I don't think I've ever described it as a medical show.
>>
>>63710667
The Knick

>>63710697
You're right I just say that for lack of a better description.
>>
Literally the best television series since The Sopranos. Nothing else on tv comes closer to this. It's a masterpiece
>>
>>63710729
>The Knick

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
>>
I watched the first two episodes and quit. It wasn't necessarily bad, but I don't really have an interest in tv dramas anymore. It felt very by the books for "serious" tv drama
>anti-hero protagonist, excels at his field, abrasive personality, lovable despite it
>huge supporting cast with minimal characterization. Just enough plot hinted at them to pad out the rest of the season until they write something better (black guy and racism, hospital head and the mob, nun does abortions, girl has a crush on doctor)
>aimlessly "develops character/world building" for 2 episodes instead of building a plot beyond his drug addiction and hospital money problems.
>srs business, humorless
I just can't get myself invested in watching something for 10 hours, then 10 hours next year, then 8 hours the year after because it got canned early and has a rushed ending. Most stories just don't need this much time to be told and ended up extremely padded out. Brevity is the soul of wit and all that
>>
>>63710496
BIG
>>
>>63710891
It fleshes a lot out in the subsequent episodes. There is humor but it's subtle and endearing in a way.
>>
>>63710891
What the fuck is wrong with your attention span? How old are you?
>>
I like it a lot except for the black doctor, because the extent of his characterization is basically "he's a good doctor and everyone is racist towards him". Does it get better in season 2?
>>
>>63711107
I don't know I'm still in the middle of season 1
>>
>>63710891
It's really ironic that you used "Brevity is the soul of wit" when there is more going on in any given scene of this show than any episode of dramatic television this year. I admit I found Thack a bit cliched at the outset, but if you can't see the forest for the trees after two episodes then you're probably not capable of enjoying the best show on television.
>>
>>63711107
You're going to have to suck it up. It's 2015, there needs to be at least one black in every show or movie.
>>
>>63711107
Yeah, good doctors always needlessly beat the shit out of people when they are frustrated.
>>
though not always time accurate, the discovery and study of new ideas pre pharma is also great to watch.
>>
My favorite thing about it has to be the way they bravely used electronic music for the score.
>>
do they force racial shit with the nigger doc?
>>
>>63711393
it's not preachy and they call him a coon and nigger.
>>
>>63711393
A gifted black European trained doctor vs a skilled Eugenicist...par for the course
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 500x500
>>63711393
>Internet racism
>over 15
>>
Binging the second season of this before the end of the year...first season was real good

I'd like to fuck Bono's daughter while she wears that nurse outfit and force her faggot father to watch
>>
>>63711472
hello cuck!
>>
>>63711027
Its got nothing to do with attention span, I just don't think longer = better, and that most tv shows are written longer because of tv standards, not for it. The vast majority of stories don't need to be 10-60 hours long and I think they largely suffer from it

>>63710990
>>63711204
I might give it another go, it was probably just a very bad first impression. I did really like what Soderbergh did with the visuals
>>
>>63711544
So the sopranos is bad because it was too long? Stop posting
>>
>>63710891
Shame, its a great show that rewards its audience constantly with interesting characters and plot with great dorecting and acting.

Give it another shot
>>
So is it the white doctor and nurse making fun of the black doctor all the time? I'll only watch a TV Series or Movie with blacks in it if they're called nigger, coon, or other racial slurs.

If they try to make them smart, intelligent then I don't usually watch them because that's fantasy and not realism; that just doesn't happen int he real world.
>>
>>63711544
People point to the writing as being the weak link, but I disagree with that notion entirely and am consistently blown away by the amount of ideas and meaningful moments they can pack into an hour. It's a very subtle show, and the visuals, acting, and other technical aspects make it worth watching alone. I'd say if you don't like it after episode 7 then stop, but I don't anticipate that happening.
>>
>>63711693
what about ben carson and thomas sowell senpai?
>>
>>63711693
> Nigger nigger nigger!

I remember my first day on the Internet too
>>
>>63710891
>humorless

There's humor here and there, it's just really dark. Particularly in regards to new types of treatment. For example, at one point they get an x-ray machine, which everyone finds utterly fascinating and tests for hours at the time, because WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG? Or when Tackery checks into rehab for his cocaine addiction and gets presented with a new wondrous medicine guaranteed to make all his addictions go away. This new medicine is called "heroin".
>>
>>63711726
They're not, their fields are silly and the common man (whites, blacks and other colored people aren't "Human") could easily do those things.
>>
>>63711735
Nice try. I've been on 4chan for a decade. I was a naive kekold like you too when I got here who knew nothing about the world and got upset by "muh racism" but through years of exposure to the truth I'd fucking die for the white race without a moment's hesitation.
>>
>>63711643
No, I think the Sopranos is a huge exception. They used their 80 hours to continuously shows new facets of Tony's life and personality, in addition to balancing episodic and overarching plotlines. "Living" with Tony for all that time gave the final scene so much more weight than if a movie had done it

My criticism is for shows like Breaking Bad or Boardwalk Empire that are almost all plot, and have that plot drawn out to meet time constraints, or extended due to the shows popularity.
>>
>>63711876
Give The Knick another chance, this show is not concerned with constructing a standard television season long narrative and consistently plays with those typical expectations on a weekly basis.
>>
>>63711834
Honestly sounds like you need to go outside and your train of thought has been severely damaged by the autist and recluses of 4chan
>>
>>63711834
Lol there's no way you're over 25
>>
>>63711773
DO NOT READ THAT SPOILER OR EVEN READ THE COMMENT IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SHOW

Why the fuck would you ruin that?
>>
>>63711969
27. Nice try.
>>
>>63711999
So stop acting like a teenager. Think of better ways to use the Internet your parents pay for
>>
>>63711993
>Or when Tackery checks into rehab for his cocaine addiction and gets presented with a new wondrous medicine guaranteed to make all his addictions go away.
This new medicine is called "heroin".
>>
>>63710625
What does JUST mean? I see it everywhere
>>
>>63710496
>everything about it is great
except for literally every storyline except for thack's and barrow's
>>
>>63711693
He gets called a nigger and is constantly put down, but is also shown as a very competent doctor. On the other hand, he clearly has violent tendencies and tends to fight people at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>63712199
>but is also shown as a very competent doctor
So it's propaganda then?
>>
>>63712199
Getting into arranged underground boxing matches isn't "fighting people in the drop of a hat". Watch the show before posting
>>
>>63712069
What's the upside of this? Does ruining potential enjoyment of a show really make you feel better or are you just trying to drag everyone down to your level? I expect shitheads to spoil Star Wars, but it's really too bad that someone wants to ruin one of the best and only television experiences of the year.
>>
>>63712317
I can't tell if this is bait or stupidity. Algernon doesn't fight in a single arranged underground boxing match.
>>
>>63712243
Yeah, it is, you should know by now that whenever there's a black sub-human or like-black sub that whenever they're "competent", intelligent, smart, or in a workfield that they shouldn't be in, it's propaganda
>>
>>63711643
yes it did go on for too long
>>
>>63712477
Anybody who cares about "spoilers" deserves to be punished. No one is going to enjoy The Knick or Star Wars less because they find out some plot details ahead of time if these two things are actually good in the first place.
>>
>>63712583
It didn't. This is a meme opinion.
>>
>>63712618
I disagree with that notion entirely, plot points taken out of context and placed in your brain out of order can definitely effect one's enjoyment of a piece of entertainment. If you're the guy who spoiled The Knick earlier, you're ruining a season long punchline/payoff that crystallizes the themes of the show.
>>
>>63712690
>a season long punchline/payoff that crystallizes the themes of the show.
Being heroin used as a cure to addiction
>>
>>63712737
Cool man, keep fighting the fight to ruin the only television show worth watching this year.
>>
>>63712779
If that is enough to ruin it then it's bad in the first place.
>>
>>63712779
so this thread is about the leftovers now? i'm confused
>>
>>63712841
That's stupid simplistic thinking. It obviously doesn't ruin the show completely, but it takes away the viewer's ability to have plot points and reveals presented to them as the creator's intended.
>>
>>63712957
Heyo! You really got me! Lindelof doesn't hold a candle to Soderbergh! It's not about the logical inconsistencies and the supernatural nonsense, it's about the poorly written emotions!
>>
>>63713028
Soderbergh doesn't derserve to have viewers experience his work the way he wants, and the modern viewing audiences don't deserve to have their optimum experience either.
>>
>>63712957
Leftovers autist please fuck off to /r9k/
>>
>>63713322
Not that guy but does The Leftovers have as much BBC worship as the Knick evidently has? If the answer is no then he has more of a place here than you do.
>>
>>63713284
My mistake, I was under the impression that emos were dead and gone.
>>
>>63713736
This isn't about emotions or angst. This is about cultural justice. They let SJW leftism in, now they must pay the price. The normies will be watching their entire history get erased right before them without even batting an eye, probably even cheering it on.
>Oh yeah, based knick negro
>I love John Boyega
>>
this is too good to be discussed on /tv/ t b q h

it's impossible to have a knick thread without idiots memeposting
>>
>>63713880
>Trying to stand against the tide of white cultural genocde is le epin maymay xD
If you took off your chastity device then you'd have far less trouble with people "memeposting" at you.
>>
>>63713798
Ok man, last time I'm engaging you. If you think that a person with dark complexion being intelligent and capable enough to become a doctor is outside the realm of possibility then you are a truly lost cause.
>>
>>63713880
I'm a /pol/ browser myself but I still enjoy this show. It really doesn't seem like it's trying to push an agenda just showing a reality of the time pretty realistically.
>>
Barrow set that fire, top kek.
>>
>>63714041
Nail on the head. Everyone is equally trying to survive the Hell that is the early 1900s.
>>
>>63713991
It's within the realm of possibility but an extreme edge case, even in today's world, never mind a character like this existing at the fucking turn of the century. The whole thing is a leftist fantasy.

The problem is that the media tell you that these extreme "one negro in a million" edge cases are a realistic depiction of the race at large. Yeah, I'm sure there are black people smarter than I am, but for every one of them there are hundreds of thousands of sub-retard IQ criminal drug addicts, except that's not how it happens in TV land.
>>
>>63714164
kill yourself

algernon is based on a real mixed race doctor
>>
Best show on tv that isn't getting it's due. Merely cause it isn't on HBO, AMC or whatever else. This is really sad because it's basically confirmation that the prestige of a station is more important to people than the product presented now.
>>
>>63714197
Yes, I'm sure the depiction in the show is very accurate.
>>
>>63714164
Have you watched the show? In no way is it anyone's idea of a fantasy and you'll undoubtedly get a boner from the way the rest of the "lesser-thans" are depicted.
>>
>>63714316
>Have you watched the show
I watched the entire show in one sitting one night when I was drunk and wanted to me angry. The cuckoldry was so strong that I tore about the entire room, I was thrashing around smashing all my places and tearing the paper from the walls it was such a leftist wet dream.
>you'll undoubtedly get a boner from the way the rest of the "lesser-thans" are depicted.
"Look at how badly treated the black people are" is every bit a core tenant of the leftist white guilt genre as worshipping at the alter of exceptional negro BBC.
>>
>>63714418
we president now

remember that cuck
>>
>>63714523
The age of Trump is almost here.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.