[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS Things I liked Maz Kanata was an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: 1417271401512.jpg (180 KB, 1139x538) Image search: [Google]
1417271401512.jpg
180 KB, 1139x538
STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS

Things I liked
Maz Kanata was an interesting character, though she didn't get enough screentime
The Millenium Falcon was sleek as fuck
I thought Kylo Ren had an interesting design
The Luke Skywalker storyline was a great premise
Rey is QT as fuck

Things I didn't like:
The level of POTTERY:
1 - Important information given to a droid to be relayed to the Rebels/Resistance later
2 - Escaping the Empire/First Order from a desert planet
3 - Destroying not one, but FIVE Alderaans with the huge superweapon planet-sized station
4 - The Bar scene
5 - Luke/Rey forced to watch mentor Obi-Wan/Han Solo get killed by Darth Vader/Faggot
Kylo Ren. Seriously, they couldn't have picked an actor that didn't look like a raging fucking faggot to play the role of one of the main bad guys? He's a fucking pussy as well. What a pathetic villain. The only people he manages to kill in the entire movie are completely defenseless.
Too many fucking worthless characters. Poe Dameron is terrible. Captain Phasma is completely pointless and is obviously only there to score SJW points. Bravo, Jew Jew Abrahams.
It never captured the feeling of Star Wars
The soundtrack was very eh
Finn was so forgettable I actually had trouble remembering his name just now, even though I literally just got out of the theatre

Overall, a 6/10. It's basically a remastered New Hope, which is a colossal disappointment. Even George did something new when he made the prequels, JJ. This movie accomplishes nothing at all despite how hard it tries.
>>
>>63709369
>The soundtrack was very eh
oh god no please elaborate
>>
>>63709369

They picked Adam Driver for his likeness to young Harrison Ford and the canon version (now not canon) of Revan.

They make him a faggot because you're supposed to hate him instead of rooting for him. So I guess it worked
>>
>>63709439

I don't hate him in the good way. I hate him in the bad way. He's just a stupid fucking character.
>>
>>63709439
>They make him a faggot because you're supposed to hate him instead of rooting for him.

Missed out on a ton money with that one. You know how popular Vader is? I thought Jews knew how to make bank
>>
>>63709402

Lurk in all the star wars threads right now, there's a guy that posted a link to Mega with the password for the Soundtrack

I just downloaded it and have it.

I can confirm the soundtack is meh.

Nothing special at all. OT had much more emotion to it. The best track by far is the one we've already heard in the trailer.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 1200x600
Is general Cux any good
>>
>>63709481
The PT had a better soundtrack than the OT, so I don't know if I can trust your opinion.
>>
>>63709546

Well fuck off to that thread and download it for yourself.

Also I never mentioned the PT in any way, so I dont know where youre getting your shit from
>>
>>63709515

He's great just for the fact that he puts Kylo Ren in his fucking place. He's not the man Tarkin was, though, and looks a bit like a faggot. Terrible casting overall.
>>
>>63709439
>his likeness to young Harrison Ford

if Harrison Ford were fuck-ugly and not stunningly handsome, maybe
>>
>>63709515

He's one of the less bad.

It feels like a wasted opportunity .

None of the characters are memorable, and he doesnt fly so good himself (If you know what I mean), so I have a hard time imagining how Disney pretend to continue the franchise with Rey as a protagonist
>>
You forgot that Hux was so over the top that he belonged in a cartoon
>>
>>63709614

Rey was literally the best character in the whole shitheap.
>>
>>63709369
On a scale of 1-10, how much poetry in this movie ?
>>
>>63709611

He's the perfect ugly son of Han Solo
>>
>>63709587
I find the speech scene was pretty cool
>>
Wow so its a complete safe bunt like I expected.
>>
>>63709660

Strong 9

For comparison, the prequels had a subtle 6.
>>
>>63709647
Elaborate. There's a difference between a female character who can look after herself and a complete mary sue who's good at everything she tries for the first time
>>
Most important thing to me is if there's interracial relationships or cucking
>>
>>63709665

He actually looked good in that one photoshoot. I don't know who retouched those pictures but fuck they deserve an award for making that thing look decent.
>>
>>63709515
More like cucks.
He's a white guy.
>>
>>63709665
Wonder if he will replace Shia Lebuff in upcoming Indiana Jones sequels
>>
>>63709660

A lot. And by Poetry we're talking rhyming. And by rhyming we're talking exactly the same.

>>63709710

I never said she was good, anon. I said she was the best character.
>>
>>63709616

Good, fun, over the top like Sheev?

Or awkward, difficult to watch, trying too hard over the top like Leo Dicaprio?
>>
Does the new death star move around? It's carved into a fucking planet! How does it shoot its laser through space?
>>
File: _1398824834.jpg (205 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
_1398824834.jpg
205 KB, 600x709
>>63709736

I dont understand , what do you mean?
>>
>>63709767
She's not though, Finn and Ren are both better. She's shit but beyond these three nobody else really had any character
>>
>>63709515
Kek, would be actually pretty brilliant to turn him to the light side and fight for rebels. I have a feeling he is going to be banished from empire.
>>
File: uniform-ss_officers11.gif (62 KB, 319x465) Image search: [Google]
uniform-ss_officers11.gif
62 KB, 319x465
>>63709515
What's with that cheap as fuck jacket from zara he's wearing?
What imbeziles did they have at their costume design?
If you're doing nazis, do it fuckign properly.
>>
>>63709369
>Poe Dameron is terrible

sheeeeeeeeeeeeit
>>
>>63709810
It was fucking destroyed already anyways so who cares.
>>
>>63709852

He's literally banished from existence though.

TFA is a continuum of wasted opportunities
>>
>>63709827

I'm inclined to disagree. Finn was really forgettable for me. He accomplishes nothing that Poe Dameron couldn't have accomplished by himself, and I found it grating how often he only looked after himself. The same goes for Rey and her fixation with going back to Jakku. He's an excess. Ren was looking to be a very interesting character but the moment he took off his helmet and onwards he just sort of fell apart as a character, and I'm not referring to his pasty teenage face either.
>>
All I care about is Based Snoke. I hope 20 yeats from now we get a prequel trilogy about his fall from grace.
>>
>>63709959
Oh, you're talking about "what I like" wise, I was talking about writing wise. Finn and Ren were both a lot better written than Rey, but I can understand why you would like the one who gets shit done and is capable the most
>>
>>63709369
What do you mean Poe Dameron is terrible ? I was thinking about watching this movie only because Oscar Isaac was in it.
>>
>>63710071
His character was ready and set to be some kind of Han-like ripoff and then he went and plot vanished, only to be replaced with Captain Generic of the bizarrely diverse resistance crew.
>>
I just watched that leaked scene where Rey goes 'This is the millennium falcon! You're Han Solo!'

please god tell me the dialogue isn't like this throughout the whole movie
>>
>>63709916
>implying they won't have an incomplete new model in Episode IX
>implying Snoke won't oversee the construction of their new superweapon personally
>implying they won't rescue a captive Poe in the beginning of episode IX
>>
>>63710401
The movie was written by Lawrence Kasdan and JJ Abrams and directed by the latter.
Do you really have to ask?
>>
>>63710401
I went in thinking I would really hate her. That scene in particular was kinda weird. But as a whole she was pretty ok. Honestly all of the new people were pretty much ok. JJ really tried to make them act funny, with wise cracks and such, which was kinda off putting.
>>
http://pastebin.com/LZbiipR0

Honest review
>>
>>63709515

He looks far more biologically related to Luke than Rey
>>
How are the transitions?
>>
>>63710917
This review brings up one thing. The relation thing, which was always bitched about in the old EU, how it's always mainly about the Skywalker/Solo family. And Whaddya know, same shit here.
>>
>>63711115

I saw one sliding transition. The rest were all instant cuts.
>>
>>63709893
They really layered that Nazi metaphor on thick

It was already not subtle with the speech but the salute took it over the top
>>
>>63710917
>Finn is an orphan
And now I'm worried Lando is dead
>>
File: Ears.jpg (71 KB, 350x283) Image search: [Google]
Ears.jpg
71 KB, 350x283
>>63709665
Some day he's not going to be able to pull off that 70s mane reign haircut. Then it will all be over. Nothing but comic relief roles from then out.
>>
>>63711579
kek
>>
File: 1447462861305.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1447462861305.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
I told you guys. JJ abrams is a fucking joke director. Expert of Soulless movies.
>>
>>63709914
I saw one critic say Oscar Isaac clearly didn't get the universe/his character and seemed to know it while Driver didn't get it / didn't seem to know he wasn't getting it. Same critic said Rey was great on both front while Boyega was passable in his limited role. Seems to be the recurring thought in a lot of the impressions. Also funny to see a lot of the reviewers with positive reviews on RT turning on the film on twitter. Saying they're feeling like a lot of the good feelings are passing as critical thought pushes past the waves of nostalgic euphoria.
>>
>>63709369

>go to see the movie
>shout out all the spoilers at the entrance
>some fat autists start heckling me
>one fatso tries to swing at me
>security rushes in
>we both get kicked out

thanks guys
>>
>>63711365
The Nazi thing has been a crutch since the OT and has been a theme for Star Wars even in the EU. Hell, Revan was called the Revanchist. Revanchism being one of the big kick offs for WW2.
>>
How come there aren't any security cameras anywhere on Starkiller base? Rey dangles in plain sight right in a giant cavernous area and she's easily spotted by Han and Finn. But not at all by any imperials. Even Han's shitbox had security cameras. But I guess it's just poetry for when Kenobi was sneaking around the Death Star.

BRAVO ABRAMS
>>
So I take it the ugly as heck nigger and the pretty white chick have an inter-racial romance then?

Jews are not even subtle about it anymore.
>>
File: K6zxEKZ.jpg (97 KB, 500x654) Image search: [Google]
K6zxEKZ.jpg
97 KB, 500x654
>>63709439

This is what a young Harrison Ford looked like
>>
>>63712101
>Christrat obsessed about black men with white women
That has never happened before how unusual
>>
>>63712152
hnnngggg
>>
>>63709369
> That scene where Han confronts Ben
Holy shit it was so cheesy. The fucking light rays of the dying sun covering them and they have their sweet emotional dialogue, and when sun gets drained, Bens face is covered in red light and he kills Han. It's like pottery, it rhymes
>>
>>63712159
For what possible reason would any sane White man want to see it? He isnt even a remotely good looking nig, he is just fucking foul to look at.
>>
File: Han Solo & Nien Nunb.jpg (133 KB, 941x465) Image search: [Google]
Han Solo & Nien Nunb.jpg
133 KB, 941x465
>>63709439
>They picked Adam Driver for his likeness to young Harrison Ford
>>
>>63712327
1) he's f*cking handsome
2) if you white bois could be reasoned with you wouldn't be stormweenie shitlords
>>
>>63712152

That's supermodel material right there
>>
Is there anything from this movie that surprised you?
It seems to me it's so predictable everyone already knew what was going to happen months ago.
>>
Finn was an ok character, it's just that the girl got alot of plot focus so he had to lose at everything for her to shine
>>
>>63710401
Yep sure is. I really hoped it would get better. Nope this sucker was DOA. Reminds me of another film franchise. Marvel...
>>
>>63712388
I think he has a legit facial disfigurement. He isn't just a typical ugly person. His facial features are all out of alignment, maybe he was one of those babies who get stuck in the womb and need to be pulled out with a pincer which damaged the skull.
>>
>>63712468

Luke not being in it at all was shocking to me.
>>
A GLIB FACSIMILE
>>
>>63712568
>A GLIB FACSIMILE
someone pls explain this meme
>>
Download the soundtrack here

>>63712423
>>
>>63711907
>waves of nostalgic euphoria.
Yep
>>
>>63712559
Really? All rumors implied either that or him being a bad guy.
>>
>>63712559
The one character from the original story that would be interesting now (Luke) is withheld simply to generate hype for episode 8
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.