[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars non-spoiler review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: star wars 2.jpg (1 MB, 2440x3407) Image search: [Google]
star wars 2.jpg
1 MB, 2440x3407
Firstly, I'll say that the visuals are pretty good. I was worried JJ would ruin it with his hyperactive camera work but it seems more restrained than his other films, although there are still hints of it. The bad guys are generally pretty awesome but one or two things undercut them, in my opinion. The new heroes are ok, not too interesting since we don't get a lot of backstory for them. Whether that's a deliberate choice to build mystery I don't know. The returning heroes, well I can't say too much but Harrison Ford actually manages to bring back the old Han Solo. He's not phoning it in which is a real relief when his son kylo ren murders him, Carrie Fisher is pretty generic in this and I can't say much about her. The effects are top-notch, there's one instance of a CGI character that isn't totally convincing though. Design-wise I like everything, maybe a bit too derivative of the originals, but the bad guys look intimidating and the planets are gorgeous.

Overall a solid, if unremarkable film. If you're a fan there's not much to hate except for a certain character's arc, but it might not bother you. If you're not a fan, you might like it for the generic sci fi action. 6/10
>>
10/10 post
>>
>>63708343
You'll get a few
>>
>>63708343
I agree. I felt like they focused a lot more on characters in this film and building relationships between them then in the originals.
Also is the poor CGI character the monsters that are on the falcon?
>>
Are there any cool scene change swipes like Lucas' films?
>>
>>63709541
>I felt like they focused a lot more on characters in this film and building relationships between them then in the originals.
Funny, I felt the exact opposite. Finn and Poe just instantly become best friends to have that Han Luke friendship going on, fuck development
>>
>>63708343
>NO SPOILERS
FUCK MAN I HAD BEEN TRYING SO HARD
>>
>>63708343
You cheeky bastard.
>>
>>63709627
I get that but I mean in this one there were a whole lot of flashbacks with Rey and her past. They never did anything like that with Luke Skywalker when he was in a similar position.
>>
>>63708343
Kek
>>
>>63708343

Holy shit I laughed harder than I have in a while

10/10 not even mad
>>
File: Shrek Forever After VOD_0001.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Shrek Forever After VOD_0001.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>63708343
>design-wise I like everything
>>
Do the Stormies actually hit something this time?
>>
>>63709541
1977 had lots of scenes that were all relationship building, like the ending of the trash compactor scene and Han coming back. Not to mention all 3 of the main cast get into GOAT tier in Empire.
>>
>>63708343
I don't even care that I just got spoiled, bravo OP. That was well done.
>>
>>63708343
well done OP
>>
>>63709658

FUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.