[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STAR TREK: BEYOND RETARDED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: TooStarTooTrek.jpg (532 KB, 1864x1182) Image search: [Google]
TooStarTooTrek.jpg
532 KB, 1864x1182
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sml23ogwy4w

>motorcycle stunts
>cliff-hanging
>Beastie Boys
>swarms of alien ships shredding the Enterprise
>swarms of alien ships attacking earth
>martial arts
>bodies flying everywhere
>Justin fucking Lin

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Are they really doing this?

Are they actually trying to get the Fast and Furious AND Guardians of the Galaxy audiences?

Is this actually fucking happening?
>>
Star Trek is a dead franchise. It will never ever be the same as it once was.
>>
>>63706725
JewJew is to blame.
>>
>produced by jew jew lens flares
>directed by JUSTin "gear shift" lin

to what end?
>>
>>63706649
Not saying this will be good but:

Beastie boys was in the first JJ Star Trek so it ties in

Also, it looks like they are doing a big screen version of the original series Arena episode which when you look at it in that context would make sense.

Justin Lin is not a bad director Better Luck Tomorrow is solid and his fast and furious flicks are a lot of fun

Again, not saying its going to be the next coming of Christ I just don't get why all you trek faggots are going insane. I'm barely a trek fan and I knew it was the arena episode
>>
>>63707007
Why Lin though? I thought they were trying to get Edgar Wright.
>>
>>63706649
>Another crashed Enterprise
>Earth under siege again
I AM TRAPPED IN A CIRCLE OF FACSIMILES
>>
>>63707975
Abrams does futuristic cityscapes rather well.
His writing is so piss poor he has to go by visuals.
>>
File: 70428.jpg (42 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
70428.jpg
42 KB, 620x413
>>63707007

>arena episode

What? How do you figure?
>>
Beastie boys are great, fits fuck all with what Star Trek should be about though
>>
>This movie will be a huge success
>Star War VIII directed by Justin Lin

I want this shit to happen.
>>
>>63706649
beastie boys was a jj thing so i'm surprised it would be in this movie.

they had sabotage in the car scene at the beginning of 2009 and body movin'(?) in into darkness.

he even put a beastie boys reference in the new star wars, there's a character called ello asty

http://www.geek.com/news/new-star-wars-alien-is-entirely-named-after-the-beastie-boys-1635491/
>>
>>63708230

Wow that's so cool. Tell me more.
>>
NO SPACE
NO ENTERPRISE
FINAL DESTINATION
>>
>>63708266
kill yourself
>>
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT
I get home, I see people mention a new Star Trek trailer and this is what I get?
>>
>>63706649
>Actually being pissed about Justin Lin
Dude makes entertaining films, it's hardly his fault that he's doing what the producers are asking for and making their franchise accessible.
>>
>>63706649

>One of the most famous Star Fleet Captains of all time
>Stranded on a remote world

Yeah right lel, Starfleet would have every ship looking for Kirk
>>
Why are they still trying to make Star Trek into Star Wars? I hoped this was was gonna end with Jar Jar leaving.

Star Trek should be more like a political drama is space, not a Bay action movie.
>>
>>63708381
So, you are telling me, they are just following the pattern Nemesis started?
>>
>>63709424
Political dramas in space aren't going to make big bucks at the box office.
>>
>>63706649
So what you're saying is its just more of what the original nutrek was?

I'm shocked.
>>
>>63709467
SW prequels tried to be more Star Trek with Galactic Politics.
Nutrek tries to be more Star Wars with explosive action.
CERAMICS
>>
>>63709882
It was hardly featured in the SW prequels, they were far more action/adventure movies.
>>
>>63709966
But still people complained because "too much politics, I want dumb blaster shootings 'n shit!"
Not that I disliked it.
>>
>>63707505
Lin made one of the most successful movies this year and his previous movies made good money too.

Wrights previous two flicks flopped.
>>
>>63710256
>made
F&F would have made money with a chimp at the chair after Walker decided to wrap himself around a tree.
>>
yeah, thats pretty bad
>>
>>63706649
Atrocity. Might be a good movie but they could just create another universe instead of massacring that one
>>
>>63710622
its not like this universe had any decent entry worth saving
>>
They basically said they want to make a sci-fi film for audiences who do not watch sci-fi.

Enjoy that.
>>
>>63710771
>We want the call of duty audience.
These things live or die on advertisement and hype. This bubble is bursting because everyone ran out of hype long ago.
>>
>>63710771
correction, they created the sci-fi genre (decades ago) specifically to appeal to people who do not like science fiction.
>>
>>63708338
Trolled
>>
File: 1449080851329.png (239 KB, 1114x835) Image search: [Google]
1449080851329.png
239 KB, 1114x835
The first film in a franchise revival is often watchable. Anyone who watches the 2nd 3rd etc film in a franchise revival is a complete fool.

They are purely driven by economics. Spend enough on the first film that suckers will come back for shitty, low budget sequels.
>>
>>63706649
Why are autistic nerds so butthurt? They made Star Track actually watchable for once.
>>
>>63707505
He made billions for universal with the fast flicks, that's why. Totally wish Edgar was doing it but I think after Marvel fucked him he wanted out of the big studio machine
>>
>>63710771
At least it's a sci-fi for people who do not watch sci-fi, not for people who pretend to watch sci-fi, like Star Wars.

I respect that.
>>
>>63706649
THIS IS WHERE THE FRONTIER PUSHES BACK

???
>>
>>63711959
That is when you squeeze your butt hole really tight and the penis pops out.
>>
>>63706649
All of the reboot star treks were bad.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.