[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STOP MAKING GIRL POWER CHARACTERS JUST FUCKING STOP DOING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: des1070_jpeg_4k_pub_1dc59ce6.jpg (250 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
des1070_jpeg_4k_pub_1dc59ce6.jpg
250 KB, 768x431
STOP MAKING GIRL POWER CHARACTERS

JUST FUCKING STOP

DOING

IT

Holy shit, I can't believe this bitch beats Kylo Ren
>>
But Ripley is great.
>>
>>63706251

One. That's one, and she's from a movie that came out 40 years ago.
>>
>>63706251

It's one thing to have a woman go into a cargo-lifting machine.

It's another thing for a random person not trained in the force to be immediately good at it with no training whatsoever.
>>
File: 003928df.jpg (595 KB, 1271x960) Image search: [Google]
003928df.jpg
595 KB, 1271x960
>cute girls being AWESOME

u gay?
>>
>>63706296
>no training whatsoever.

She was beating dudes with her staff, so she knows weapon combat
>>
>>63706366

First of all, she is plain as fuck.

Secondly, what's she doing isn't awesome, it's retarded.
>>
>>63706385

A lightsaber is an altogether different beast. One wrong move and you'll cut your arms off.

It takes a while to master lightsaber combat. Obi Wan was still a Padawan at age 25.

General Grievous had tons of cyborg implants to compensate for not being force-sensitive.
>>
>>63706366
I don't like how that outfit really emphasizes her titless features.
>>
>>63706366

That's ugly though.

No joke man.

That's real ugly
>>
>>63706296
People who say this are the ones who only read the spoilers.

In the movie they make it pretty clear that she is the new chosen one, she is literally Anakin tier.

Also kylo Ren clearly never finished his training.
>>
>>63706415
is it even canon that the lightsabers are ridiculously hard to control or is that just more eu comic book crap?
>>
>>63706452
It's an EU thing.Han solo had no problem holding one
>>
Rey is literally a force babby. If Anakin was a stronk white Jedi who don't need no sperm Rey is a stronk white womyn who don't need no womb.
>>
>>63706385
Completely different. Sure she will be better than your average goon. But she beats Ren who has been trained in combat and with the force.

She just out of fucking nowhere reverses his force mind trick/control and beats him in one to one combat. There is no explanation for that at all, she just does it out of no where.

If she had some training before then they didn't show it, so it's bad story telling. But it's most likely she is a fucking Mary Sue which is even worse than not explaining a back story.

Try and argue that I'm wrong, I fucking dare you.
>>
>>63706213
Kylo Ren is just an apprentice, Rey can use a weapon (look the scene when she use the staff).

Kylo is wounded by Chewie
>>
>>63706538
See
>>63706450
>>
>Rey inherently knows how to fight with lightsabers and use the force because she is "the chosen one"

sounds a bit like a Mary Sue to me goys
>>
>>63706450
Women can't be chosen ones, they are too weak. I could beat this bitch up no problem
>>
>>63706213
It's part of the agenda, anon.
They won't stop.
>>
>>63706538
It's a setup for the next installment. She's either had prior training but forgot about it (HURR) or she's a being purely conceived by the force (DURR)

Every star wars had some super special character and she's it.
>>
>>63706597
She probably begin her trainning but forget about it (luke probably wipe is memory on Jakku)

It's seems clear when she have the vision in the cave.
>>
>>63706452

This guy wasn't going around and beating Dark Jedi right from the start
>>
>>63706600
>I could beat this bitch up no problem
The only thing you can beat is your sub-nigger dick kek
>>
File: smell my fingers.png (63 KB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
smell my fingers.png
63 KB, 200x195
>>63706388
>First of all, she is plain as fuck.

>[mouthbreathing intensifies]
>>
>>63706563
That's a literal fucking Mary Sue. She has no training in the force at all but is somehow able to resist and fight back Ren? Being the chosen one doesn't explain that at all.
>>
File: Count-Dooku_4f552149.jpg (100 KB, 1436x718) Image search: [Google]
Count-Dooku_4f552149.jpg
100 KB, 1436x718
>Anakin is the chosen one
>gets his ass whupped by Dooku

explain this
>>
>>63706661

Whiteknighting Daisy isn't going to get you laid.
>>
>>63706678
>explain this
they needed a pottery scene where anakin get's his hand cut off.
>>
>>63706678
Based Christopher Lee was a Jedi Master. Anakin up until that point was a whiny cunt.
>>
the new world order's goal is to neuter western men with media propaganda and mass immigration, to destroy culture and create a race of humans with no cultural identity
>>
>>63706213
b-but girls can be engineers too!
lol, the USA should just do what japan does and make all women service workers and accountants. Not engineers...
>>
>>63706735
George should have planned out stuff better so Lee could be in Phantom Menace.
>>
>>63706678
>>63706671
>>63706597
Mary sue is only a term for anime aND cartoons. This is real motion picture.

Normal people don't give a shit abut autistic power levels. In a real fight anything can happen. You have never heard of upsets before?

Kylo isn't even a jedi master
>>
>>63706748
>that one retard who was funny the first couple of times
It's getting tiresome /pol/ you can go now.
>>
>>63706848
good little sheep, deny it all, live happily in your little bubble
>>
>>63706213

Nobody cares about glib fascimiles to be honest
>>
Apparently nobody gives a fuck about Brienne of Tarth's character, since everyone is too busy throwing out dank Han Solo dies memes and mentioning whoever the fuck Snoke is.

Does she have only one scene in the movie or what.
>>
>>63706678
>Anakin is the chosen one

He wasn't though, Luke was.
>>
>>63706213
When they stop making "men do everything the best because they're men and the Y chromosome bestows upon you unlimited potential" characters, then they'll stop the girl power ones mmmkay?
>>
>>63706866
you too
>>
>>63706874
She is useless
>>
>>63706890

Anakin killed the Emperor
>>
>>63706874
She has 3 scenes.
>>
>>63706901

>men do everything the best because they're men and the Y chromosome bestows upon you unlimited potential

That's never happened
>>
AAAAARGH I FUCKING HATE NIGGERS
>>
>>63706904
Well yeah, she's a woman. Just kidding, calm down reddit.

>>63706915
That's more than I was expecting.
>>
>>63706901
name 30 examples
>>
>>63706450
>In the movie they make it pretty clear that she is the new chosen one

that's shitty and retarded though

being the chosen one shouldn't mean you can beat the villain with no training

it should mean that you get BTFO by the villain, do some training, get better, then win

this is really simple shit and is easy to not fuck up, the only reason to fuck it up is if you can't stand the idea of your empowered womyn having to endure even a single loss to a disgusting white male
>>
>>63706213
>untrained, unfit girl manages to beat trained, fit guy in her first lightsaber fight, while he is a powerful jedi

Sounds like a mary sue to me.
Can't wait to see how cringeworthy it will be.
>>
>>63706952
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe#Films
>>
>>63706958
>being the chosen one shouldn't mean you can beat the villain with no training
Even Anakin had difficulty taking down Count Dooku

>it should mean that you get BTFO by the villain, do some training, get better, then win
Like both Anakin and Luke

>this is really simple shit and is easy to not fuck up, the only reason to fuck it up is if you can't stand the idea of your empowered womyn having to endure even a single loss to a disgusting white male
If Rey appeared to be incompetent, people would throw a tantrum and call the movie sexist, vile, and misogynist.

They say "we should be equal!" but can't bare to watch proper character development.
>>
>>63706984
>capeshit
>not full of mary sue's and SJW pandering diversity characters

oooooh boy
>>
File: 1434482159861.png (379 KB, 494x388) Image search: [Google]
1434482159861.png
379 KB, 494x388
>>63706978
>trained, fit guy
>>
im so fucking sick of these squishy baby faced skinny chicks with no fighting/weapon/firearm experienced being forced into movies like this.
>>
>>63707002
I don't take your retardation seriously but there's plenty of white male saves the universe movies. shut up
>>
>>63707017
>tfw /tumblr/ takes out /fit/
IT'S OGRE
>>
>>63706958

Like, look at the matrix, which did this really well: Neo was literally The One, and he spent the first two acts of that movie getting repeatedly BTFO by everyone and everything, with occasional hints that he could legit be The One. Then in act 3 his experiences and training come together and he's able to realize his potential and BTFO the forces that have previously proven unbeatable.

This is a really easy movie to write, I don't know why they wrote a shit movie like TFA instead. Everyone who claims not to understand this is either shitposting or actually retarded.
>>
>>63707034
Welcome tumblr
>>
File: word.jpg (22 KB, 481x573) Image search: [Google]
word.jpg
22 KB, 481x573
>>63707035
>Kylo Ren
>anywhere near fit

maybe as a mod
>>
>>63706450
>In the movie they make it pretty clear that she is the new chosen one, she is literally Anakin tier.

That is fucking bullshit.

If Qui Gonn was to give the kiddie Anakin a lightsaber in TPM, would HE have been able to beat Darth Maul? That's fucking stupid as shit. She's a fucking Mary Sue.
>>
>>63706843
Kylo isn't even Jedi at all.

In a real fight between an amateur fighter vs a pro the pro would win 99/100.

But this isn't even like that. You and all the other mongs keep forgetting the god damn force. Rey has no training with it at all, yet she bests Kylo Ren who has been trained and quite well as we're led to believe.

Chosen one doesn't explain that.

It's either bad story telling or a Mary Sue, take your pick it doesn't really matter anyway cause the film is still shit.
>>
>We will never get a qt Asian lead for movies like this
>Instead it's always a fugly white woman that race mixes with a negro

I know who the real racists are.
>>
>>63707059

A better example would be

>If Obi Wan was to give Luke a lightsaber in ANH, would HE be able to beat Darth Vader?
>>
>>63706958
>>63707059
See
>>63706843
>>
>>63706213
The problem isn't that she's a female character or that she beat Kylo Ren. A genuinely strong female character who's set up to be a great warrior or whatever would make sense in the film.

The problem is she's set up as a rookie starting on her heroic journey but she goes straight to being a magical mary sue who beats the main baddie. It simultaneously makes Kylo look weak (not good if you want a threatening villain) and makes her boring because she overcomes all her obstacles easily.
>>
>>63707098
How is Vader comparible to kylo at all?
>>
>arguing over realism in a movie about space ninjas that use telekinesis.
how low can you get reddit
>>
>>63707122

I agree with you. If Luke was beating Darth Vader on Bespin, I think that would have been done too.

A character needs to earn their victory, not get it handed to them on a silver platter.
>>
>>63706366
Neah, she's fine.
>>
>>63706251
>Ripley
>RiplEY
>R...EY
>Rey
Do you see a pattern?
>>
>>63707164
The only difference is that Ripley was played was a competent actress, while Rey looks like a typical britbong random from the street.
>>
>>63707164
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>63707098
Nope, and he lost in 2nd movie. Only in 3rd, after intense training, he overcome crippled old man but get fucked by emperor very quickly.
>>
>>63707110
See>>63707071
>>
I have to be honest, Star Wars: TFA doesn't make a lot of sense to me at the basic product / toy commercial level these movies are supposed to work on. Star Wars is an actionbabby franchise for 5-10 year old white boys, yet the main character is a girl with a black sidekick?

It just seems like they're going to turn off little boys who don't want to watch some ~dumb girl~ while failing to capture many girls because girls don't actually want to be empowered warrior womyn, they want to be the princess from Frozen.

It seems really strange for a company like Disney, which always does a good job of paying lip service to tolerant PC values but shaping its actual product around the understanding that little kids don't give a shit about being PC.

I mean I entirely recognize the possibility that Disney is smarter than me and that their market research shows that Star Wars is the exception and that laser swords are so compelling that 5-10yo boys will buy the toys even if the movie is about a dumb girl. It just throws me because it seems like it runs contrary to everything I've ever seen Disney produce.
>>
>>63707141
>calling everyone reddit when I'm wrong
>>
>>63707199

>they want to be the princess from Frozen.

When I went to my friend's house the other day, his two baby sisters(6 and 3) spent the entire day dressed up as the sisters from Frozen.
>>
>>63706213
It was such a bad decision. bad character building IMO.
>>
>>63707199
Blame JJ Abrams. People like him and Joss Whedon are SJW shills.
>>
>>63707098
No, that is a shitty example.
Rey unlike Luke was already an expert fighter, and Ren is just an apprentice who didn't even finish his training, not fucking Darth Vader.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 236x354
>>63706901
>>
>>63707236

exactly, little girls fucking love frozen, there is literally no way they are going to give up frozen to roleplay as some shitty desert girl in shitty robes with a shitty staff who gets in dirty noisy swordfights.
>>
Rey is such a fucking Mary Sue. "Strong female chracturrrrrs" are turning into Mary sues.

Why the fuck did she beat Kylo in the first movie? Luke got his shit pushed in for the entirety of ANH, and continued to get fucked all the way to the end of ESB.

He only became a halfway decent Jedi Knight in Return.
>>
>>63706285
What about Sarah Connor in Terminator 2?
>>
Mary Sue confirmed then, not like expected much.
>>
>>63707319
She already had experience fighting, as proven by the scene where she kicks the asses of 2 alien dudes who tried to steal BB8. How about you see the movie before you parrot all the other shit eating trolls?
>>
>>63707332

She was /fit/
>>
>>63707199
They want the Hunger Games audience.
Little kids will buy the toys regardless.
>>
>>63707319
Fucking exactly. Luke was a great pilot which was also well established in the film. If Rey is so god damn good why the fuck is she going to Luke to train? It's fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1438710391806.png (44 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1438710391806.png
44 KB, 240x240
Luke beat Vader in the first movie, albiet by blowing up the death star while his bro Han Solo wreckt Vader's wingmen

Are you saying that Rey does something similar, or that she beats Kylo Ren 1v1?
>>
>>63707347
>experienced fighter vs force users
But they are literally mages.
>>
>>63707347
The point is literally a million miles over your thick fucking skull.
>>
>>63707384
You have some fucked up logic there, kiddo.

So if I would blow up your basement it would mean I 'beat' you?

lel
>>
JJA's characters are all like that. Male and female.
>>
>>63707384
She beats him one vs one... Also turns the force against him despite not having proper training or experience with it.
>>
>>63707332

Two. Two in the past 40 years. Now try and get one from this decade.
>>
>>63707394
>gets verbally rekt
>lel u didn't get my epic meme brah
>>
File: 1449654114869.png (117 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449654114869.png
117 KB, 500x500
>yfw the force is now literally Girl Power
>>
>>63707369
I'm not even against having a female lead. Fucking go for a female lead, but make a god damn decent fucking female lead with a fleshed out story that makes sense.

Rey is absolutely none of that. Which is a shame because there looks to have been potential. But they failed in even rewriting ANH with a woman.
>>
>>63707177
>valid point of actress choices
But i meant the in-movie characterisation, anon.
>>
>>63707414
Jesus fucking christ

Why

Why not just have her get her shit kicked in but do enough to be able to run away?

See I WANT to like female protagonists, I DO, but they have to STRUGGLE. Luke had to STRUGGLE. Luke didn't go in and own Darth Vader after he killed Obi Wan

Ugh goddamn it
>>
Women don't even struggle in fantasy.
>>
>>63707478
And if they do struggle, it's patriarchal misogyny.
>>
I'm starting to hate female protagonists. I never had a problem with them, but making them these super special feminist icon snowflakes that can beat the bad guy despite never using the force before is fucking stupid.
>>
Maybe there's a plot device that explains why she's force competent in further movies? Probably some memory wipe twist. Might be cool if she was going dark side as a kid and Luke wiped her.
>>
Can't wait for the femshit backlash when RLM roasts Ridley's roasties.
>>
>>63706213
If i had to stop all those troll whiners about how episode 7 is dissapointing. The SW Ring theory may stop it. http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

Now think about that. Did episode 7 and the ring theory connect together?
>>
>>63707467
They want to make every film self-contained now since they don't know how many more there will be.
>>
>>63706866
>live happily in your little bubble
And you in your miserable one as well.
>>
>>63707423
Not him, but Geena Davis in The Long Kiss Goodnight makes it 3.

This decade though... even male characters are shit. But I'll try. Furiosa, maybe?
>>
File: cancer is a bitch.jpg (99 KB, 680x567) Image search: [Google]
cancer is a bitch.jpg
99 KB, 680x567
>Women don't even struggle in fantasy.
You're right.

I actually like Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games, but looking back on her movie, she got so many lucky breaks it was absurd.

She got the prodigy design guy who made -the- dress to have her stand out, she got a fellow tribute who was willing to put his life over hers, she got a random tribute to save her life for no reason, and there was even a special snowflake rule applied to her game that allowed there to be two winners so she never had to seriously struggle with being alone in a death match

But Katniss Everdeen is a fucking god send compared to Rey if these spoilers are true
>>
>>63707467
Cause it's 2015 and apparently we can't have weak looking women. Can you imagine the shit strom if Ren just completely fucking ruined her.

>gets BTFO by Ren
>force chokes/grip her throar
>rambles on about the darks idea, says she has potential, should join/give in etc.
>interrupted by Chewie and the resistance, or maybe Han + Chewie and resistance?
>Han gets rekt and killed by Ren while Chewie and Co help Rey escape

Done. I literally came up with a better story/end/setup for 3 characters.
>>
>>63707586
>They want to make every film self-contained now since they don't know how many more there will be.

That's such a bullshit argument. When Lucas made A New Hope he didn't even know if it would break even, forget about sequels.

The Force Awakens is ALREADY FUCKING CONFIRMED to have a sequel. So there's NO POINT in making it "self-contained", it ALREADY HAS A SEQUEL CONFIRMED
>>
>>63707638
That should say *throat and dark side. Fuck auto correct
>>
>>63707199
>>63707236
>little princesses
You know that both frozen sisters are not your pretty little girls, but more like princess leia, tough prinzesses that beat villians.
>>
>>63707638
That would give Rey agency to learn the Force. We can't have that, silly Anon. That would make too much sense.
>>
File: 1.jpg (61 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
61 KB, 900x506
>hurr women can't be powerful

Can you just go back to your gay board /pol/?

If anything, we need more female roles, they are fucking sexy.

Go fuck men then you pathetic socially rejected inbred.
Please get the fuck back to /polgbt/
>>
>>63707638
literally rape.
>>
Passion is the path to the dark side of the force... It makes you strong, give in to your emotions...

Remember when Luke and Vader fight in episode 6? Old Darth never seems to have to try too hard while Luke is going all out sweating and trying to kill Vader. But never really gets the upper hand.

It isn't until our hero flies into a rage, consumed by anger and emotion to protect his sister that he is able to overpower Vader. In that moment of anger he beats the sith lord and only in severing his hand to see that Vader is or was just like him does his mind snap out of it, shaking with the adrenaline rush he calms his nerves and throws away his weapon.

So tell me anon, who is more emotional, a man or woman?
>>
>>63707638

Wow.

Fucking wow.

Just...Ugh.

I can't believe this kind of misogynist bullshit is allowed in 2015.
>>
>>63707696
no you god damn fucking faggot
go back to >>>/leftypol/

we need more females like linda hamilton sarah conner not this feminist pandering shit
>>
>>63707690
Oh no a woman being beaten by a man. Whatever will we do?!

Oh I know, let's set her on a path of learning and eventually revenge for the death of her friend (maybe father) and all round legend Han Solo.

Sure it's too similar to the OT but fuck me it's a lot better than what we've got.
>>
File: cea.jpg (24 KB, 450x339) Image search: [Google]
cea.jpg
24 KB, 450x339
>>63707726
Stop using the current year to justify your point of view. I'm all onboard with Ren and the black storm trooper and Latin pilot but fuck man. Trolls are always going to exist. You only give them something to hate and poke at by making a deal out of seeing racism and sexism wherever you look.

Just laugh it off and refused them as you would the kkk or neo Nazis.
>>
>>63707696
You are literally the problem. You put pussy on a pedestal and worship women that just do nothing.

Fucking hell you wouldn't know a strong developed female character if it slapped you in the face.
>>
>>63706213
So, she fucks Finn, right?
>>
>>63707758
This isn't feminist pandering you literal faggot. You've been blinded by /polgbt/s repressed homosexuality, woman hating spunk.

You are a faggot

>>/polgbt/
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 600x450
>She doesn't use the force to strip Ren naked, mocking his tiny white acorn dick while stroking Finn's BBC and laughing

Fucking dropped.
>>
>>63707862
gotta leave something for the special editions anon
>>
File: 1429217996143.jpg (189 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
1429217996143.jpg
189 KB, 1200x799
I thought it worked well in the context of the movie. It's obvious they're trying to portray Jedi's as very powerful rather than nigh invulnerable. In the prequels, the Jedi's could do anything - if the script called for it - but could just as easily be beaten in a second - if the script called for it. It all felt very Mary Sue.

In this one, like in the old films, the Jedi aren't depicted as anything but very powerful beings that have the force as a tool to use.

Besides, as someone mentioned, she is supposed to be the chosen One and Kylo Ren was already weakened by a blaster shot to the side and lightsaber cut to the shoulder. I did not mind this development.

I rather found that this film was way to similar to ANH. I mean all the major plot elements are exactly the same. Some of the characters haven't even gotten anywhere since last time we saw them. And that Emperor wannabe, the Supreme Leader, what the fuck... Stuff like that is so unoriginal.
>>
>>63706285
Million Dollar Baby is good.
>>
You know one of the stories I love from doctor who... Ricky, here we have a aimless guy with no direction in his life, content to muddle along as a mediocre dude for all eternity, never bettering himself. Then his friend rose who he has a crush on takes a leap of faith where he steps back and he learns. Ricky learns to be strong by seeing someone he cares about risk everything for adventure. He seeks to better himself, become important because he refuses to be a bystander any more. And Rose is the one who inspires it in him.
>>
>>63707925
>supposed to be the chosen one

HOW MANY FUCKING REHASHED CONCEPTS ARE THEY GOING TO SHOEHORN INTO THIS? CHRIST.
>>
>>63707696
bruv, i once knew a woman who was into mma and fitness and stuff...she'd do competitions and everything. at the time i was an occasional lifter, not too much...but no fighting experience outside of street fights. anyway:

>out one night with her and friends
>we're celebrating a tournament win she had a few days prior
>she's been acting weird with me pretty much all night, punching me in the arm, belittling me and stuff, i think it's all in good fun, though
>later on the topic of her being able to beat any guy here comes up
>i say lol, nah (mostly as a dig at her after her belittling me all night)
>she gets genuinely offended, it seems
>she offers to fight me
>i say yeah ok, thinking she was joking
>she's not
>i say fuck off i'm not fighting you
>she gets me in a headlock, i'm calm at this point, she'll stop soon
>she doesn't stop, everyone is laughing, even others in the outside area of the pub we're in
>she let's go anyway
>ask her what the fuck that was about
>it's just a joke anon
>i call her a bitch
>she starts going for me, punching me
>fuck this bitch
>restrain her wrist with my hand and punch her in the face twice
>she staggers back and starts crying
>i get told to leave
>one of my friends sticks up for me, the others aren't having it
>we both leave
>never hang with that bitch again
>>
>>63707986
Well the last two chosen ones were a failure...
>>
File: 1.jpg (62 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
62 KB, 680x478
>>63707827
I put them on a pedestal because they deserve it.

Women are why you're alive, your sole purpose in life is to impregnate. That is the function of man. Pussy and women will never be topped.
>>
>>63708022
ah you're b8. i'll move along then
>>
>>63707071
The force is not fixed, some people are naturally born with greater power and natural skil. Ren might have more training, but he could also have a low midichlorian count and on the whole need training to accomplish what a natural has from day 1. Just because you have a lot of practice and training doesnt automatically make you good or I would be jimi hendrix's second coming by now. Before the EU was whiped she was hardly the first character like this in the former canon. Hell luke was able to fuck vader in the face after only spending a few months camping in a swamp with a toad hermit, he had to go back and finish but compare lukes weeks in a swamp to vaders years of instruction at the temple. Also as someone else said the linkin park edge master was not even apprentice level and hadnt finished his training either.
>>
File: 1.jpg (36 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36 KB, 400x600
>>63708000
>Bruv

Discarded.
>>
>>63708000
I've seen this kind of buffoonery way more than I'd like to admit. You did the right thing, anon.
>>
>>63707071
They've both been trained, Rey has had her mind wiped. It'll be revealed in episode 8.
>>
>>63707638
The problem is, that the storytelling is shit in 2015. Like its since 2005. The stories today rely too much on a deus ex machina. But without n
proper explaination or narratives.
Thats the probblem, to get the hero in danger but true suddenly unexplained shit kills the bad guy.
>>
>>63708069
How is this bait? Go back to fucking your "feminine penis"

If you can't see how important women are, then you don't deserve them. Fuck off
>>
>>63708108
We really dont want to go down the amnesia route but Im honestly not even surprised if that is whats going on.
>>
>>63708000
I hope this is true
>>
File: IMG_173336991749646.jpg (105 KB, 960x685) Image search: [Google]
IMG_173336991749646.jpg
105 KB, 960x685
>>63708000
Nice trips Bro.

I do a fight show at some Ren Fair every year, it is similar to BOTN style but not crazy Russian flying armored dropkick.

Anyway there are a few women in our group, they fight the guys and we try not to pull punches. However every time I end up fighting one of the ladies the crowd boos and harps on the guys for winning the fight. They laugh like hell when the guy looses.

Keep in mind we are all wearing enough Armor that it is very hard to even leave so much as a bruise on the other fighter without seriously trying.

People will never be OK with a guy hitting a woman, no matter the circumstances. Because we are millions of years conditioned to look down upon people who use violence against those that can't hurt them back. Women, children, the elderly, tards.
>>
>>63706213
There is literally nothing wrong with Strong Independant women as long as they're on both sides.

Kylo should have been a woman as well but since women are poor oppressed victims who can do no wrong the villain had to be a patriarch resulting in this cringefest
>>
>>63708208
>millions of years
I was about to smack you, but you're right, I can't hit a tard.
>>
>>63707662
Yes but the directors only get one movie apiece
>>
so is kylo going to switch sides in the sequel like many people predicted?

disney can't seriously try to push him as a credible villain after this one, can they?
>>
>>63706697
basementing yourself isn't going to get you laid either.
>>
>>63706678
Dooku is the 3rd greatest Duelist in the Jedi Order, Windu is right on par with him, but I put Windu above as he is a master of every form of Lightsaber combat like Palpatine, while Dooku is absolute perfection at only form 2 (by choice).

Dooku's style is based on balance, delicate precision and detail, Anakin is immature brute force and he was great at it in their first duel, but Dooku was immeasurably better at his skill in form 2.

In the final fight, Anakin skill had improved a bit, but not enough to make a huge difference, what did Dooku in is Anakin's raw youth and power being poured into every fucking blow.

Form 2 is a superb style, but it lacks kinetic energy and a strong defense and eventually Anakin's blows battered Dooku down.
>>
>>63707423
true grit
>>
>>63706450
Also, they fucking shot him and he's currently an emotional wreck.
>>
>>63708331
>non canon EU shit
>>
>>63708287
Theres nothing wrong with it. But dropping your own rules to just say "shes just better" is dumb. Its dumb when you do it for men and its dumb when you do it for women.
>I need to suddenly become adept at X right as the situation demands it! Even though Ive showed less than average skill at X beforehand and am facing someone who is way more proficient than me at X
Its so fucking stupid no matter the context, and completely shafts character development because the character can just be saved by the script at any moment.
>>
>>63708382
true glib
>>
>>63708316
He's gonna become IMMUNE TO THE LIGHT and then get his ass whooped again.
>>
>>63708434
Yeah that was a dumb choice. It makes no sense for her to be able to beat Ren when he's supposedly the big bad guy that killed the Jedi. She hasn't been trained or anything and is magically good at using a lightsaber after picking one up
>>
Its script is ludicrous, riddled with coincidences and a fealty to existing text that a less forgiving person might call lazy. Yet I can't wait to see it again.
>>
>>63706213
Kyle looks like a babyfaced lanky Edgy 16 year old, no wonder she beats him
>>
>>63707164
Metal............Gear?
>>
Rey is probably the worst star wars character since Kyp Duron and that's EU shit
>>
>>63708108
So it's a shit story then.
>>
>>63708589
Sorry forgot quotation marks
This is a positive review on RT
>>
>>63708287
/thread
>>
>>63707164
Kylo does look a lot like Ren from Ren and Stimpy...
>>
>>63708108
the sad thing is i can see something this retarded actually happening
>>
>>63708108
KOTOR CONFIRMED CANON
>>
>>63708022
Here's a tough one for you. I fuck the women you put on a pedestal and treat them like shit and yet they can't stop chasing me, while you have to orbit and friedzone them in hopes they will let you have a whiff of their ravaged pussies that I wrecked.
>>
Ahahahahaahha

and then Snoke literally reveals he trained Ben wrong
>>
List of Strong female characters.
Animated
>Belle
>Mrs Brisby
>The evil blonde from Atlantis
>Kida
>Captain Amelia
>Taarna from Heavy Metal
>Tigress
>Riley and Joy
Film
>Ripley
>Trinity
>Lewis from Robocop
>>
File: 1-animaux-droles-7jpg.jpg (90 KB, 1070x813) Image search: [Google]
1-animaux-droles-7jpg.jpg
90 KB, 1070x813
>>63708715
>yfw no one in this thread would ever read your post past the first line. Not because they disagree, but because you just posted a fucking blog wall of text post you fucking reatrd.
>>
>>63708761
This is Kylo Ren. We trained him wrong, as a joke
>>
>>63708772
Damn, I need to watch more movies with strong women that suit my taste.
>>
>>63707423

Imperator Furiosa
>>
>>63707638
>implying it isn't 2015
>implying you can have a woman in peril without it being problematic
>implying you aren't raping me right now with your posting.
>>
>>63706213

I find it even funnier how she physically overpowered a male. Like what the fuck, what kind of a pussy is Kylo. "You let that little girl disarm you?"
>>
>>63708087
But by your logic, if I had not practise with a guitar but had a 'talent' shall we say, I would then be able to pick one up and beat some guy that had average talent but practised for years?

It doesn't work like that at all.

Even so, even if Ren didn't finish his training. He had some training, which is more than Rey. Sure enough Rey is good at hand to hand. But with no experience with the force she can't possibly beat Ren, as per your own analogy.

This story only works two ways, either Rey has done a Mary Sue. Or Rey has been trained, and there is some nonsense behind it all which they won't indulge the audience with. But neither make for a good story, at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 594x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 594x476
>>63708607

>Babyfaced

I wish he was a babyfaced 16 year old twink desu senpai

Adam Driver looks like what would happen if Keanu Reeves got into that machine from The Fly and there was a blob fish in the other one.
>>
>>63707638
I came.
>>
>>63708911
FUCKING HELL KEK
>>
>>63707638
but that's sexist anon, a woman gets saved by a man
>>
>>63708924
You're welcome. That will be $150 please and no funny business or I'll call my pimp
>>
>>63706671
Ren had trouble fighting off a non-Jedi just a moment before. He was kind of struggling just keeping himself together at that point.
>>
>>63706499
A light saber isn't liquid nuke so you can hold it and maybe even use it. Kylo however isn't the same as Han using the saber to cut out a dead animal's guts. Kylo was an active saber user bested by a novice.

>>63707347
Han was a fighter, couldnt fight Vader with his blaster though. In this case they went out of their way to make Rey all powerful. They're going to make Rey a dyke or at the very least bi-sexual because in their fucked up brains you can't seperate a strong woman from a dyke or bisexual charicture. Like no strong woman has ever settled for simply wanting to be a Mrs. She some how has to be a butch who gets the girl or a girl. Those fucking fucks did it with Korra and they'll do it again.

>>63708432 it was in the movie books. you know the books that lucas helped write.
>>
>>63708911

Oh fuck they cast this ugly jew in the role of the main bad guy? No wonder it sucked shit.
>>
File: 1439482021703.jpg (955 KB, 1238x1517) Image search: [Google]
1439482021703.jpg
955 KB, 1238x1517
>>63708956
Do you accept pepes?
>>
>>63708946
Actually, ideally she gets saved by Chewbacca who is an animal.

Now depending on which side of tumblr you're on that is better or worse than a man. Hopefully that will cause a complete and utter shit show and tumblr will cave in on itself along with the rest of the extreme feminist movement.

But since Disney fucked everything up none of this will happen.
>>
>>63707925

> I rather found that this film was way to similar to ANH. I mean all the major plot elements are exactly the same. Some of the characters haven't even gotten anywhere since last time we saw them. And that Emperor wannabe, the Supreme Leader, what the fuck... Stuff like that is so unoriginal.

So in other words, it was a glib facsimile.
>>
is this girl the protagonist or the guy?
>>
>>63709013
>Like no strong woman has ever settled for simply wanting to be a Mrs
Except Leia, who stayed while Han went of to adventure all the time :^)
>>
>>63706213
http://pastebin.com/kWWbTzZA
>>
>>63709024
The pepe market crashed long ago anon. You might as well offer me dirt.
>>
>>63709034
The chick.
Boyega gets bodied and sent into a coma.
>>
>>63707412
>Mary Sue.
https://youtu.be/RiHnqv098LY?t=16m17s
>>
>>63709013
>Kylo was an active saber user bested by a novice
He was also shot by a laser crossbow, emotionally split and quite winded from already cutting down another literally who and half the forest.
>>
>>63709067
But he serves as her love interest that she will do anything to rescue :^)
Goddammit that sounds horrible, like some Katniss bullshit right there.
>>
>>63709034
Shut the fuck up. What is an ensemble cast?

It's a movie, not a first person shooter.
>>
>>63707925
The approach of the force isn't like the originals though. Luke in the first movie only really used the force to help aim a torpedo to blow up the Death Star. He couldn't take Vader on in a fight or anything.
>>
A female character was literally the first thing shown when Disney bought Star Wars desu
>>
>>63709107
It's been confirmed there's no romance.
She saves him because they're friends.
You'd pick up a lightsaber to save your friend, right?
>>
>>63709133
There ain't nothing wrong with female characters.

It's the shitty, poorly developed female characters that tv has a problem with. The dumbasses on here don't get that.
>>
>>63708772
Where's Mulan, m8?
>>
>>63706538
My buddy and I just watched the premier in our country. We were laughing the whole time at how ridiculous this was
>>
>>63709155
Not even hints and shit?

>You'd pick up a lightsaber to save your friend, right?
Of course. I even have one made with Saberforge.
>>
>>63706890
Who killed the emperor bro?
>>
>>63706450
>chosen one
>AGAIN

GLIB

FACSIMILE
>>
>>63709185
On OUAT. Licking Red Riding Hood's furry pussy.
>>
>>63708208

it's more about the fact that in terms of reproduction, which is our only purpose as far nature gives a shit, men are mostly worthless while women are a valuable commodity. Sperm is cheap and eggs, gestation and birth are expensive.

This permeates a lot of what we do. This is how we end up with a sex based disparity in empathy.
>>
>>63706213
Luke is a shit teacher, probably the worst Jedi ever in the history of jedines.
Therefor his aprentice is shit and got beaten by a girl with no force training.
>>
>>63709102
You're still all failing to address the reverse mind trick/control.

Your theory is almost plausible if you suspend your rationale by quite a large margin.
>>
>>63709230
I've heard she kisses him on the cheek when he's unconscious, but that seems like something any girl would do to her injured friend.
Most girls are overemotional, tbqh.
They won't have Rey hook up with anyone probably.
>>
>>63706556
>implying facebook posters wont be all MUH FEMINISM WINS LOOK THIS GIF KYLO REN IS PATRIARCHY REY IS LE ME
>>
>>63706890
We wish.
Anakin is the one, canon.
>>
>>63706890
There was no chosen one in the OT, that was introduced in the prequels
>>
>>63706366
she's like Jenna Coleman but plainer looking and low test

also not northern

0/10
>>
>>63709309
I've honestly not thought that much about the mind reading part. I agree that that was slightly more unbelievable but honestly, you can just explain it with >forceforce and balance lelmao or some shit like that.

I don't have a hard time believing that an novice could beat a wounded master. You have no idea how badly hurt Ren was and when it comes to the swordfight you're all just bullshitting your way through. If it's the fact that Rey is a weak ass woman that's the problem you could always just explain it by assuming that Finn broke something important when he was going at Ren.
>>
>>63709441
Based OT.
>>
You know what, I could believe that she could fight with a stick, I mean she grew up on a shitty world where she probably had to beat people to death on a daily basis just to survive.

But what I can't accept is that she's the moment her connection to the force is revealed, she can suddenly preform Jedi mind tricks like a pro and out power Ren.

I mean Jesus-fuck Ren stopped a blaster bolt in mid air like it was nothing! But this bitch can some how over ride his force powers with no training.
>>
>>63707698
I bet my ass and my balls that she wont be emotional and will act cool all the time.
>>
>>63708069
more like bb8, amirite?
>>
>>63709046
That was 30 plus years ago. But in our day and According to the modern dyke feminist progressives, It's now considered a sin for a woman to want to be a house wife in a traditional normal degenerate free marriage.

>>63709102. And Anakin and Obi-wan ran and leaped for miles and fought vigurously for a full half hour after not having slept for days in temperatures that were akin around molten steel and lava pools and oceans.

>>63709155
Of course there's no romance because they're going to make her a dyke. you know how these progressive dyke feminist needs no man and stuff especially as it pertains to normal traditional moral male and female interractions in lieu of immoral abominable degenerate activities.
>>
File: Stwong Womyn Character.jpg (312 KB, 798x1181) Image search: [Google]
Stwong Womyn Character.jpg
312 KB, 798x1181
>>63707467

because women in movies now can only be good if they're like men.

Like Mike said, Lisbeth from TGWTDT was actually realistic.
>>
>>63709643
Anakin and Obi-wan were two of the baddest dudes that ever lived.
But I get your point.
>>
>>63709675
That just an 80s-90s action movie hero in the pic.
Whats TGWTDT?

>>63707467
I agree and for that I'll be called a mysoginist on facebook.
>>
So let me get this straight.

Shit Master Luke Skywalker makes a bunch of shitty schools and they ALL get fucked by Solo's son and not because he's gifted but because ALL the Jedi schools are actually even worse force users than him.

And then he meets the protagonist girl who beats him just becuase she knows the basics of stick combat. And he was tired, I guess.

I don't know what's worse. The idea that the new protag effortlessly becomes better at Jediing than the notorious Jedi killer or the thought that Kylo Ren is a terrible force user and he somehow wiped dozens of Jedi that actually held a lighsaber at some point of their lives.
>>
>>63709801
Idk, but if thats true might as well consider all the fanfics canon.
>>
>>63706538
Tbh Ren had been shot by a fuckin bowcaster and was probably feelin the burn.
>>
>>63708911
>
but, better than finn or whatever is his fucking name
>>
>>63709643
>Of course there's no romance because they're going to make her a dyke
If only. But considering how shit like Hunger Games is so popular these days with the crowd a shitty romance (hetero or not) is bound to happen.
>>
It gets done so reviewers call it the best thing ever, if you don't like a STRONG WOMYN you're sexist
>>
>>63709801
Looks like it. And you guys bitched how the EU was shit.
>>
>>63708331

What the fuck are you talking about and what does it have to do with Star Wars?
>>
>>63706450

>NOT ENOUGH PREP TIME!!!!!

Literally batman
>>
File: del toro.png (628 KB, 1470x854) Image search: [Google]
del toro.png
628 KB, 1470x854
>>63707696

The irony is you posted a pic of a woman who couldn't play with the guys and cracked.
>>
>>63709549
Wasn't there some leak about Ren relying on old sith artifacts for his powers? When you look at him like that, it all makes sense throughout the movie:
>Huge self esteem issues, very worried about living up the image of vader
>his 'flash freeze' trick seems oddly similar every time he uses it. It might actually be a static power afforded to him by an artifact.
>explains why he is getting outmatched by someone who is supposedly prodigy tier.
Or maybe its just poor writing.
>>
>>63709801
Personally I'm hoping Luke absconded with his remaing disciples and they've got a base somewhere on that planet.
>>
>>63706213
Remember when women really thought they could beat up men until Ronda Rousey got KTFO?

It's all part of the plan to get Hillary elected fyi
>>
>>63709643
Fuckin hell mang, do you have to make it about politics?
>>
>>63710196
>Ronda Rousey getting ktfo by another woman means that women can't beat up men
What kind of logic are you even using here?
>>
>>63709755

>That just an 80s-90s action movie hero in the pic.

No, it's almost every "strong woman" character in TV and movies.

>Whats TGWTDT?

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

here's the clip where they talk about her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87HKe0ggt34

skip to 6 minutes
>>
>>63706213
they sell thank the hunger games and her author
>>
>>63707586

Wait, I thought the movie ended on a cliffhanger? That's not self-contained if so.
>>
>>63706366
She's cute but she looks like she's 12 and da confusing my benis
>>
>>63710398
It ends with a promise of a possible future story, but honestly if this was the last movie ever it would be an okay end.
>>
>>63709259
Ok...time to pick that shit up again...
>>
>>63707285
According to the released material, Ren is the best lightsaber duelist alive.
His entire organization is about lightsaber dueling.
He did not complete his force training.

You are a retard.
>>
>>63707384
>luke is described at being an amazing pilot and not that good at ANYTHING else
>uses his pilot skills later
>HAHAHA THATS THE EXACT SAME AS REY BEATING A SITH LORD 1V1!
>>
Wtf? Anakin was the chosen one and say what you will about him but he wasn't some Gary stu who could beat the villain without earning it. He literally went to war for 3 years were he constantly got in duels and finally after a lot of hard work and earning a shit ton of experince he killed Dooku. Is she really as powerful as Anakin or he she like Luke in esb?
>>
>>63707384
nigga what

He didn't beat Vader, Vader almost killed his ass and only got saved because Han drove him off

It took Luke training and 3 movies to take down Vader. Luke barely used the force in the first movie, the only time he really used it was at the very end to aim the torpedo
>>
>>63706452
they're not ridiculously hard to control. it's just easy to accidentally cut yourself when the blade has no weight
>>
>>63706450
And he was injured.
>>
File: upsidedownsyndrome.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
upsidedownsyndrome.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
TARD POWAH!
>>
>>63713870
And Vader didn't even want to kill him during the two fights.
>>
Its pretty fucking obvious they're gonna go with some sort of Jedi mind wipe thing for Rey to explain her powers. Its the first movie in a fucking trilogy. Kylo will possibly go deeper into the dark side to come back stronger. The main focus will be between the cousins. How does /tv/ not understand this?

Maybe they'll even do something where Rey was going dark side and luke had to wipe her because he didn't know what else to do. Could be cool.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.