[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Married, a father and pushing 40, Smith is no longer a t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Kevin Smith.jpg (116 KB, 634x827) Image search: [Google]
Kevin Smith.jpg
116 KB, 634x827
>Married, a father and pushing 40, Smith is no longer a trustworthy chronicler of 20-something slackers. He still can devise an impressively gamy set piece, but he's misplaced the humanity of his best work.
>Mark Jenkins
>NPR.org

What did he mean by this?
Why are film reviews so full of pretentious buzzwords and so lacking in actual meaning?
>>
I really wish he would stop liking hockey
>>
>>63697292
Cop out sucked
>>
>>63697292
He's a competent filmmaker but he will never make anything that truly connects with his fanbase because he isn't one of them anymore.

I think people like his podcast though, so I guess his fanbase has shifted from Mallrats era Smith.
>>
>>63697326

Fuck off faget, Hockey is one of the last based sports
>>
Liked him on Movie Fights.
>>
>>63697326
He needs to get the fuck over Canada in general. We get it, Kevin. You like Canada. Now make a good fucking movie fatso.
>>
>misplaced the humanity of his best work

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>63697350
yeah and he is one of the least based puds
>>
>>63697292
>pushing 40

He's 45 already.
>>
>>63697343
His podcasts are pretty swell and he's the first to admit that he's far from being he perfect film maker. In fact, he makes these little flicks these days more because of the fun of it than any grand aspirations as a film director. If anything. So, no longer a trustworthy chronicler of 20-something slackers, but I seriously doubt we would champion that type if it was attempting to be a voice today. Today's culture eats its babies instead of rewarding them for being bold or genuine.
>>
He's easy to shit on but I wish I had his career tbqhfamily.
>>
>>63697292
This guys been a fucking hack from day one

He uses the same tired ass characters in every movie and makes le nerd culture jokes

Fuck him
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 640x480
>>63697473
>his podcasts are swell
>>
>mfw Affleck is a better filmmaker than him
>mfw I have no face
>>
> This rollicking, feel-good, laugh-out-loud tour de force of a thrillride is big on charm but at its heart it's just style over substance

>This pulse-punding rollercoaster of a high octane, edge of your seat romp is a faltering triumph of style over substance
>>
Post some pictures of his daughter
>>
>>63697605
>Kevin smith
>style

Are you retarded?
>>
>>63697292
if he shaved he could pass for a butch dyke.
>>
>>63697700
I misplaced the humanity of your post. Perhaps it was a case of style over substance?
>>
love his down to earth podcasts.

I don't listen to them just highlights from them, he really tears into bruce willis.

GREEDY LAZY!
>>
>>63697616
>>
>>63697601
which Affleck
>>
How desperate was Joey Lauren Adams that she was fucking Kevin Smith back in the day?
>>
>>63698187

Joey
>>
is it a movie for aliens???
>>
>>63697400
He doesn't even fucking know what he said becuse he's a dumb 17yo who gets to stay home from school and shitpost his youth into the trash as a virgin.
>>
>>63697908
Severe butterface
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.