[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: underrated LOTR characters This guy was badass and he rekt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 4564697-aragorn.jpg (36 KB, 797x347) Image search: [Google]
4564697-aragorn.jpg
36 KB, 797x347
ITT: underrated LOTR characters

This guy was badass and he rekt Aragorn's shit
>>
I mean its fantasy fiction I get it but does that fiction must include the basic laws of physics? How can he stop the force of his giant blade how can legolas jump on a falling stone and get leverage from it?
>>
>>63696511
Aragorn want a normal human
I'm guessing he was stronger

Plus magic sword and all that
>>
>>63696511
Magic
>>
>>63696511

aragorn is a numenorian, which you can say in the film universe provides him with more strength than a regular human

in the books he's like 80 years old in FOTR and still middle aged like the films

legolas is just fanservice
>>
File: legolas172-1.gif (1 MB, 299x150) Image search: [Google]
legolas172-1.gif
1 MB, 299x150
>>63696511
Legolas weighs as much as a feather, or something like that.
>>
>>63696591
so being a grandpa makes him more strong? makes sense. Was it actually stated anywhere that him or the blade was granted with strenght? they should state things like that in the movie so we accept it like that glowing blade glows when orcs nearby because elves made it with magic. Otherwise someone with exceptional imagination has to show up and say legolas was wearing boots of hermes made by flying elves. It shouldnt be our job to fill the gaps.
>>
>>63696821
Well, he lives to be like 200 or something, so in LotR he is in the prime of his life
>>
>>63696307
reminder that aragorn was supposed to be fighting sauron in that scene and they changed it to this badass troll
>>
>>63698557
Because fighting Sauron would have been completely retarded and undermined the purpose of the whole fight, which was to sacrifice themselves so that Sauron's eye would be drawn to the gate, giving Frodo a fighting chance to destroy the ring.
>>
>>63699024
How is making Sauron himself come out to fight not a good distraction?
>>
>>63696307
If this was star wars this guy would have a wookiepedia article.
>>
>>63696511
Anyone could gain leverage from a falling stone.

Go back to school, kid.
>>
>>63700888
>Frodo, did I ever tell you about GROAARRRRBLLL
>He was not a good friend
>>
>>63700866
He wasn't even in a humanoid form yet derp. He was still reforming himself.
>>
>>63701168
Yeah, and they could have had him reform just in time to fight Aragon right before being destroyed. It might have been pretty cool
>>
>>63696307
That guy was too small for a troll. Is he a teen troll or something?
>>
>>63699024
> Implying literally changing Aragorn's chief motivation from 100% Kingly Responsability to YOUR GIRLFIREND DIES IF YOU DONT KILL THE BAD GUY BECAUSE OF ELFS isn't twice as bad
>>
>>63701253

He's the troll version of the Uruk Hai
>>
Friendly reminder they CGI'd this big troll over Sauron because Aragorn was supposed to have a 1v1 with Sauron himself in human form.

When the eye speaks to Aragorn and he walks forward he was actually seeing Sauron take shape in his elvish form.

BRAVO HACKSON
>>
>>63700888
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Rogash
>>
>>63701351
Wouldnt have been that bad t b h
>>
>>63700955
I saw him on the Palantir recordings.. Killing.. Halflings..
>>
>>63701351
looks like a shity cutscene from Final Fantasy and it goes against the lore. Sauron wasn't able to transform like that anymore
>>
>>63696307
How did he die again, it's been so long since I've seen the movie.

Han Solo dies at the end
>>
>>63701351
I'm pretty certain there is deleted or unifinished footage of him battling Sauron including that hole holy elvish summoning looking shit.

What's really lame was edited out the Mouth of Sauron. Dude was fucking creepy.
>>
>>63701542
MoS is in the director's cut
>>
>>63701542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MvcaQg_auk
this is what you want, unfortunately I cant find it with the original audio, if it exists.
>>
>>63701534
He doesn't die.
>>
>>63696801
then shouldn't he be constantly be getting knocked off his fucking ass
>>
>>63701727
Superb magical elf balance. He has mehvmehnt.
>>
>>63701168
I believe the eye was created for the movies and in the books he had a physical body.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.