[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, which one of you is behind this fight club fan theory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 434x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 434x305
So, which one of you is behind this fight club fan theory?

>jackdurden.com
>>
>>63695466

Holy shit.
>>
>mfw some of this actually makes sense
>I have no face
>>
>>63695466
i wish i had a marla in my life
>>
>>63695466

this the one palahniuk tweeted about?
>>
that was fucking retarded
>>
Dude weed lmao
>>
>>63696675

Yes, it is
>>
>>63695466

You all know Fight Club 2 is out now right and btfo's all these gay theories?
>>
>>63697006
theyre called undertones

palahniuk is a huge homosexual
>>
>>63697006
>he didn't read the preface which totally btfo this stupid claim

Yikes.
>>
File: bob-car-fight-club-compare1.png (118 KB, 800x274) Image search: [Google]
bob-car-fight-club-compare1.png
118 KB, 800x274
Wasn't sold on it completely at first, but Damn. That is definitely Bob's shirt in the early scene when they're talking about the fat dad that died.
>>
>>63697917
Yeah the dude's kinda blowing my mind here. So I guess those buildings didn't go down either? Norton was just running around talking to himself like a crackhead and imaging happenings?
>>
>>63697917

oh damn
>>
File: 5NI4Qfz.jpg (399 KB, 1879x2517) Image search: [Google]
5NI4Qfz.jpg
399 KB, 1879x2517
>>63698034
This hypothesis has been used in many other films though too. Its not unique.

Think of Terry Gilliam.
>>
>>63695466
Probably you, OP. But no hard feelings, as far as movie theories go, this one's pretty good.
>>
File: 1444413606455.jpg (235 KB, 736x739) Image search: [Google]
1444413606455.jpg
235 KB, 736x739
>>63695466
>share with other smart people
>I have had to explain this to grown adults
>anyone who makes this statement is remotely intelligent enough
you can really see how smarter than everyone else around him the person who wrote it feels
i can't even begin to imagine how smug and arrogant that piece of shit is
>>
>>63698198
Oh well yeah, I'm pretty sure I've argued on here about whether such and such character is real or not in other movies and shows. I usually take the real side of the argument. But I think this guy's making a pretty good case for this one.
>>
>>63698305

that's the sound of someone who got btfo reading the preface. Sheeeeit.tiff
>>
>>63698322
I think the strongest evidence for it is the fact that we already know that one of the characters is definitely NOT real. That Jack had made him up out of influences in his life. I'm not totally on board with all of it, but I think at the very least the case for Marla not being a real person, simply being a product of Jack's feminine side, is pretty interesting, and has some interesting implications on the themes of the movie.
>>
>>63698492
I'm pretty sold on Marla and half-sold on Robert. I don't think he's made as good a case for the rest of Project Mayhem, the dilapidated house or the people they'd steal the licenses from. I'm pretty resistant to the idea that the entire movie is happening in Jack's head, but I suppose it's possible.
>>
>>63698597

I think the director of the jackdurden documentary tweeted about more shit being posted soon, might help substantiate the less credible theories but idk how reliable that is
>>
me best mate from age 5 to age 14 wound up a huge queen. He came out of the closet on national television, was on a reality show. His favorite movie , at the time, was fight club.
>>
File: thats hot.gif (1000 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
thats hot.gif
1000 KB, 500x363
>>63698909
>>
read the website.

I would opine that there are two meta narratives present in the film.

the first meta narrative is the one that Chuck spins, and the second the one is Fincher's invention.

I've read the book and seen the movie. If I recall correctly, the movie is a straight adaptation, no pun intended.

I would say that, psychologically, the pivotal scene, which is Jack and the gun barrel in his mouth, represents Chuck's first gay experience, the first time that performed fellatio upon another man.

I would guess that Chuck, like most homosexuals that I have known personally, had heterosexual contact with females (cont)
>>
>>63699337
Tyler, to me, represents Chuck's heterosexual persona, and the events that take place between the opening scene of gun and mouth and the ending scene of gun in mouth are the a condensation of the heterosexual alter's battle with the newly emerging homosexual alter for control of destiny. The moment when Jack pulls the trigger stands for the first overt homosexual act that, in Chuck's mind, killed off the old heterosexual alter. Marla is the old girlfriend who became his confidant after his transformation.

Then one might posit an additional layer of meta narrative that is added by Fincher. Some or all of Fincher's contribution may have been unconscious film work.

The website seems to tackle the layers of meaning present in the film as sole innovations of Fincher, but I have a difficult time believing that to be the case.

All in all, for anyone with exposure to the gay scene, fight club has tons of homosexual undertones.

For one thing, the fight scenes underneath the bar read like an orgy. The line "hard, wet packing sounds" always seemed to telegraph the onomatopoeia of sexual intercourse. And gay nightclubs are of course notorious for having group sex scenes on their premises.
>>
This shit I'm taking smells god awful
>>
>>63699583
Stop eating that shit dude.
>>
>>63699583
whoops this isn't my facebook

>>63699656
literally responding to a shit post with an even stupider post
>>
>a theory detailing how characters in a movie weren't real

am I missing something?
>>
>>63695466
So basically, Fight Club never happened?
>>
>>63701530
No, basically, fight club was a movie.

mind blowing, right?
>>
File: 1445505420247.jpg (50 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1445505420247.jpg
50 KB, 540x540
>>63701594
You know what I mean faggot.
>>
shit is tyler a sith in disguise too
>>
WITH YOUR FEET ON THE GROUND
>>
Does this mean that all characters are glib fascimiles of the narrator ?
>>
>>63701620
Its basically what the theory is saying, though.

The only way this theory could be considered valid or interesting is if, say, someone thought the events of fight club were real on any level.
>>
>>63697042
What preface?
>>
>>63695466
noone here gives a fuck about fight club senpai
>>
There is more to Fight Club than meets the eye. I know this, because Tyler knows this. Caspere knew this.
>>
File: god warrior.jpg (11 KB, 250x276) Image search: [Google]
god warrior.jpg
11 KB, 250x276
>>63702678
I met Chuck Palahniuk once. Almost clocked the guy.
>>
so let me get this straight, literally nothing in the movie was real?
>>
File: 1400219581390.jpg (104 KB, 513x550) Image search: [Google]
1400219581390.jpg
104 KB, 513x550
I didnt believe the Marla isnt real theories, but im almost convinced that Bob died in that car now.
Which means nothing can be trusted anymore. Fuck me.
>>
>>63703973
>I didnt believe the Marla isnt real theories
why?
>>
>>63704023

Because it wouldve opened the floodgates and you could pretty much say nothing is real.
The theory says exactly that, but Bobs shirt in the car convinced me more than the rest thats open to interpretation.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.