[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /tv/, I wasn't around here when this was released,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: jessica_jones_splash_small.jpg (69 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
jessica_jones_splash_small.jpg
69 KB, 320x240
Hey, /tv/, I wasn't around here when this was released, so what's /tv/'s general consensus of it?

I haven't seen it yet, and was wondering, with Fargo concluded I want something new to get into but don't want to waste my time if its ass.
>>
BLACKED, literally spoiler
>>
>>63693473
too much kekoldry, activism, unlikable main character, tennant was good, series was bad overall

i thought it was great
>>
It was okay
>>
Thought it was great desu
>>
>>63693473
I really enjoyed it and thought it was great. Though I would watch Daredevil first, if I were you. You don't have to, but possible spoilers prevent me from saying why it would be a good idea to watch DD before JJ.
>>
>>63693473
If you haven't seen Daredevil yet, watch that first. Both are fantastic in my opinion.
>>
>>63693473
it was really quite good
>>
>>63693473
Should never have casted Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones.
>>
it would be good if every plot development didn't hinge on the fact that everyone except Simpson and Kilroy Was Here are retarded
>>
>>63693997
I watched both and still don't know what the hell they meant with the explosion and big green guy and other references. Is that from shield?
>>
>>63694081
To elaborate a little bit more, while one isn't necessary to understand the other, a character from DD shows up near the end of Jessica Jones and that character alludes to their relationship with The Devil in Hell's Kitchen. It's isn't essential to have watched DD, but it helps connect the two.
>>
>>63693473
its SJW: the show. and thats the first time ive ever used SJW literally.

all white men are either weak, evil, or stupid. this isn't even just my opinion, my dumbass gf said the same thing, "i dont like how they portray white guys."

that aside, Ritter is so unlikeable and doctor who cant act for shit.

my consensus: waste your time watching something else.
>>
>>63693473
baka desu senpai every white male is a cuck and incompetent 0/10 meme tier literally reddit the show
>>
File: 1448748964781.png (193 KB, 300x343) Image search: [Google]
1448748964781.png
193 KB, 300x343
>>63693473

It's honestly insultingly bad. The acting is all garbage except for David Tennant (if you make it to episode 8, there's one solid episode of mostly him), the dialogue is stupid, it has "groundbreaking" scenes of needlessly protracted sex, the shittiest little voiceovers from Jessica whenever she sees fat people or people with babies because she's edgy and tormented, and then you get to see a fucking super hero hide in a closet three or four times during the show and the man with unbreakable skin doing cool things like picking people up and throwing them on tables, into potted plants, or perhaps just menacing them and setting them down. This show gave me a tumor.
>>
>>63694279
The big green guy is hulk
How do you not know this?
>>
>>63693473
Too many dirty niggers

Ew.

Just ew.

Blacks are gross.
>>
File: jim5.jpg (84 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
jim5.jpg
84 KB, 960x960
>it's a minor character releases the villain that's unstoppable by anyone with functioning ears -and lets him murder his mom- because she wants to force her wife to get a divorce episode
>>
>>63694454
your... consensus?
>>
>>63694810
ah fuck. whatever. its still shit. rage typing is my true enemy apparently
>>
It's ok. It would have been better if they cut the episode count in half, they just kept on going in circles to fill time and it was a mess. Or maybe just keep the same number of episodes but introduce the main villain a little later on after a couple of episodes of her working on normal cases as a detective.
>>
I got 3 1/2 eps in and dropped it. Too many tired tropes, I didn't like any of the characters (including Jessica) and it just didn't do anything to hook me in.
>>
>>63694671
How unbreakable is Luke's skin? Can Wolverine's claws cut his skin?
>>
It's okay. The fight scenes are shit, and its like three episodes too long.
It is also SJW the show, it's true what everyone says.
>>
It's pretty good. They probably could have cut it down to 10 episodes and not lost anything. It's similar to Daredevil, but more psychological/character driven than action driven.

The only reason you wouldn't like it is if you're so insecure about your masculinity or racial identity that it offends you if black people or women are on screen as main characters. If you're the type of person who starts sperging out when there isn't a white dude onscreen and in charge at all times, you probably shouldn't watch it, and then you should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>63693473
Only the funny book /co/blr queers and the blacked American cucks bothered with it
>>
>>63694852
sorry for being a pedantic prick
>>
>>63694960
he detonates a bomb next to himself and walks away with nothing but a concussion.
>>
I thought the whole thing was fine, very solid 7/10, but much like Daredevil it should have only been 10 episodes.

Too much contrived bullshit, and smart people acting stupid because the plot called for it. If the villain commands you to do things, why did it take them until the last (or second last?) episode to wear headphones? Why not keep him permanently gagged? Cut his tongue out?

There was an entire police station who could confirm Kilgraves existence. There was the full support group.
>>
File: IMG_20151209_183649.jpg (179 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151209_183649.jpg
179 KB, 1024x1024
>>63694960

Fuck if I know. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are trash characters, whom I only know by virtue of their being shoe-horned into every major Marvel event of the last decade. Brian Bendis is a no talent hack and a cuck and I bet he masturbates to this show nightly
>>
>>63695006
it has nothing to do with insecurity. its the fact that it is too coincidental to not be blatant. i dont want to support a show with that kind of an agenda, against white males or whoever
>>
The side characters are all beyond retarded. I got so fucking mad while watching this. It got to the point where Killgrave didn't have to fucking do anything because everyone was making such stupid decisions.
>>
it was pretty good. Great acting. Great writing. It will be a good tie in show for daredevil season 2.
>>
File: 1450154286870.png (952 KB, 772x837) Image search: [Google]
1450154286870.png
952 KB, 772x837
>>63695006

No it has to do with a show that was more interested in making a statement about abusive relationships and domestic violence to push a feminist agenda than think for a second how viewers will respond to the super-powered protagonist hiding in a closet from a man in at least 3 separate occasions during the show. It's insulting to the genre form, even if it's capeshit. And its reception is the worst part-- all these dumb broads on twitter ecstatic over how you can seemingly extrapolate captagon madness for a meaningful scene reflecting the actual threat of domestic violence (when data shows that women are just as likely if not more likely to be the aggressor in one-way domestic violence)
>>
literally tumblr
>>
>>63695322
I think you need to read >>63695006 again. It said that you should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>63695223
THIS
>>
The entire plot could have been avoided if Jessica had just shot Kilgrave in the fucking face at any point in time after they're put together. He can't tell her what to do.

But no, leaving a man with unimaginable power alive to prove the innocence of one young woman is too important.
>>
>>63693473
The plot is empty. Watch Daredevil instead. If you've already seen that and have nothing else to watch then I'd suggest you to only watch the episodes with Tennant
>>
>>63695798
this
>lets kidnap a man who can mind control people by speaking to them, then force to go to court and testify
as if that would end in anyway other than Kilgrave getting on the stand and telling everyone there to kill themselves
>>
>>63694791
That was the only thing I actually thought was fucking retarded. Everything was totally believable in context, disregarding the standard everyone is top cia with access to everyone elses credit card data
>>
>>63695223
>>63695782
>>63695322
Basically, anti-sjws complain if a show focuses on any non whites or non males, or isn't exclusively about white men. But no one says there's an agenda when every single other show is only about white males. That's just normal. So yeah, you're a bunch of insecure assblasted little faggots.
>>
>>63695322
>Literally fishing for feminist symbolism to get upset about
>>
/co/mblrcore
So godawful
>>
>>63696139
She also thought that if she just showed up with a video of a man she locked in a cage and tortured for at least 3 days then the girl would be instantly exonerated instead of JJ immediately being arrested
>>
>>63695322
>captagon
???
>>
Man all you fags crying about muh racism one way or the other

It's a shit show with shit pacing

Period
>>
>>63693473
I thought it was boring. It had some interesting parts, but it felt every episode came down to "oh man finding killgrave is the most important thing ever" and then they find him and the next episodes is "oh man oh geeze he got away again."

I'm not sure what they should have done differently but I found it too boring to watch the last 3 episodes
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.