[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True Detective Season 1 done right. Prove me wrong. Protip: You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Classic.jpg (89 KB, 1280x686) Image search: [Google]
Classic.jpg
89 KB, 1280x686
True Detective Season 1 done right. Prove me wrong. Protip: You Can't
>>
File: 1449208782806.jpg (418 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1449208782806.jpg
418 KB, 768x768
>tfw no True Detective S3 with Detective Loki
>>
No, it's done equally wrong. Great acting and film making. Sets up loads of intrigue, but then ends up feeling like some silly scooby doo bullshit by the time you get to the end and all of the red herrings that seemed so interesting are just a waste of time in hindsight.
>>
True Detective shits on Prisoners. Loki is a boring non-character compared to Rust and Marty. Suck it you fucking nerds
>>
> the adventures of Detective Blinksalot and Daddy Screamo

Fuck this movie.
>>
>>63693161
This
>>
>>63693111
Prisoners was better but they are both different things.
Prisoners was about what desperate people will do at desperate times.
True Detective was a more classic detective story.
I did like that True detectives story lasted for several years but I hated the villain and that they had absolutely no backup or extra plans to catch a killer who had no plans of leaving.

Prisoners had really nice editing and that bitching scene where Loki was driving the daughter to the hospital. Hugh Jackman went kinda retarded with confronting the villain without any plans whatsoever and ended up getting fucked but he was in a fit and would get caught if he wasted too much time.
>>
>>63693111

Is it true that True Detective has Lovecraftian influences? I feel like I heard that once somewhere but really have no idea how or why or where this would be possible.
>>
>>63693760

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>63693783

As in yes it does or no it doesn't? I haven't seen it obviously.
>>
>>63693111
Whats with all the weird shit going on with Loki?
>named after a Norse God
>First few dialogue involves the chinese animal calendar
>Tattoos on right hand has Zodiac signs
>>
>>63693842

Just fuck off already.
>>
>>63693842
They say something about the yellowking.
Overall it wasnt that important.
>>
>>63693111
Its funny that you mention that because Sicario is basically TD S2 donre right.
>>
Gyllenhack is a shit actor and wannabe gosling
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.