[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm so sick of this shit. I can't wait until this week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: kill yourself.jpg (64 KB, 1368x770) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.jpg
64 KB, 1368x770
I'm so sick of this shit. I can't wait until this week is finally over and all these retards get this fucking thing out of there system.

Thank goodness we'll get a three year break before it all the shit starts getting hyped up again.
>>
>>63692870
or you could not be a retard and block any thread/post with star wars automatically

this shit will not end in a week, tim timmy. There are still Bane posts today
>>
>3 year break

m8.....
>>
You actually get one year between this and the next one, then a new one every 6 months.
>>
>>63692870
U mad bitch?
>>
>>63692870
Honestly, I'm just tired of all the commercials and merchandise shit.
They don't even need to promote it as much as they are.
>>
>Daisy Ridley
Really? Name sounds like it was written for 5th rate fanfic.
>>
Why are so many watching a fucken children's movie
>>
>>63692870
>I can't wait until this week is finally over and all these retards get this fucking thing out of there system.
nigga this shit is literally never going to end
there isn't just a new trilogy, there will be many.
there will be spin off movies. there will be squeals to spin off movies. there will be join movies where two, or more, spin off movies combine to form a super spin off movie. there will probably even be prequeals to spin off movies.

not to mention remasters, remakes, rereleases, reedits, reboots, and all female version of all existing movies

Disney is literally never going to let Star Wars die. It is immortal, it is beyond human control.
it is a force of it's own
>>
franchise burnout when
>>
>>63693296
Please write me an essay explaining why it's a movie for kids.
>>
File: the schedule.jpg (47 KB, 936x624) Image search: [Google]
the schedule.jpg
47 KB, 936x624
>>63692870

>three year break

Buddy, I hate to break it to ya but, well this isn't the Original or Prequel Trilogy anymore, Disney is in charge . . .
>>
>>63693368
1. hurr durr technologically advanced civilizations using gay ass laser beam melee weapons to fight it's fucken bad ass bro! xD
>>
>>63693377
>"a STAR WARS™"
what could it be?
>>
>>63693368
"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that. In the first film they absolutely hated R2 and C3-PO. In the second film they didn't like Yoda and in the third one they hated the Ewoks... and now Jar Jar is getting accused of the same thing."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/394542.stm

don't need to
>>
>>63693174
How do you block threads?
>>
>>63693397
Wow, amazing argument.
>>
>>63693433
wow, what an amazing counter argument
>>
>>63693377
Im still mad about them shelving Tron.
And for what, to have an annual Star Wars?

ugh
>>
>>63692870

>rouge one a year away
>episode 8 half a year from that

KEK
>>
>>63693409
>ever hating R2D2
>>
>>63693409
Because some limey brits didn't like the "funny" side characters?
>>
>>63693433
All I need. Only kids think this stupid shit is cool
>>
>>63693447
Touche!
We have a genius.
>>
>>63693377

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrRkD9Roms
Is that for real? A fucking Star Wars movie every year just like all the obnoxious Marvel shit? Christ almighty, I've been out of the loop I guess.

They're really over doing it. How do they expect to build up excitement when they're pumping these things out on a yearly basis? When I was a kid, there was this little thing called anticipation that was built up over a couple of years of waiting. This is ridiculous, Lucas didn't do this shit.
>>
>>63693475
Then why are you wasting your time, when you could be watching far superior films?
I mean, we are all beneath you, right?
Must be nice to be so high and mighty...or just high.
Chill out, dickwad.
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>63692870

>Thank goodness we'll get a three year break before it all the shit starts getting hyped up again
>>
Ummm, Han shot first!
>>
>>63693529
Because I enjoy browsing /tv/, and now it's full of shit. What's it to you, asshole? I can do what I want with my free time.
>>
>>63693225
Really?

...that sounds fun.
>>
>>63693563
I am an asshole, but you are far beyond even my skills of douchebaggery.
>>
>>63693368

In the following essay, I shall demonstrate why Star Wars is a movie for kids, and anyone who thinks otherwise has been ensnared in the fantasy world of perpetual childhood that the mainstream media has constructed around the developed world.

Star Wars' main purpose is and always has been to sell merchandise. Everybody with a working brain has always known and accepted this fact. Most of its tie-in merchandise takes the form of toys for children. Therefore, the target market for the movie is people who like children's toys - i.e. children.

In conclusion, you're a fucking moron if you think it's not a movie for kids.
>>
Kylo ren was taught by luke
Kylo ren is leias son. He kills han

Enjoy fucktards
>>
>>63693472
it's a quote from Lucas you idiot
>>
>>63693515
>When I was a kid, there was this little thing called anticipation that was built up over a couple of years of waiting.
Modern Audiences don't give a shit about that.

They find out some movie is coming out in a month or so and start getting hyped for it by all the tv ads they see on youtube.
None of them truly give a shit, it's just another dumb movie to spend some time on.
And ultimately that is all these kid's movies are: dumb little wastes of time. Stop taking them so seriously.
>>
>thinking it'll end after release

It'll be another 6 months at least.
>>
>>63693640
As I said, because some limey brit didn't like the "funny" characters.

>get a load of this guy
>>
>>63693225
Not even OP but I'm so fucking tired of Star Wars. I can't wait for the point when the normies gets tired of the saturation of Star Wars film.
>>
>>63693641
I agree though that it gets hyped way too much.
Only the self proclaimed hardcore fans get so serious about it.
I enjoy the films, they are just fun to watch.
I do get a little caught up in the mythology behind it all, but nothing so serious as, oh my god, I have to go collect all the toys!
That's just insane to me, unless I was six years old.
Anyway, yeah, they are taken way too seriously.

>I'm still waiting for Spaceballs 2, the search for more money.
>>
>>63693515

People have ADD now and Disney is taking advantage of it big time, quality be damned. All of Force Awakens is sequel bait, just like the Marvel movies. These future movies will be too. It sucks but it is what it is.

At the end of the day, it's just a product, a vehicle sell merchandise and toys. Don't let it get to you.
>>
>>63693641

Hundreds of millions of people buying into months of hype for the latest in an endless line of "dumb little wastes of time" can become an extremely expensive problem suprisingly fast.
>>
>>63693758
Well, some people just like to pretend they are above it all, but in the end, they are no different.
They get their kicks from something else, but it doesn't mean it is better.
It's all subjective, just like anything else at the end of the day.
>>
>haters gonna hate
>>
>>63693410
go to settings, filter and enter any word to be auto blocked

example: Star Wars, the force, skywalker, or any of the actors/characters names of said film

I haven't seen a 'reddit' post in 6 months
>>
>>63692870
Welcome, new friend
>>
>>63693368
lol

>he called muh light sword space movie a kids movie, now I'ze mad!!

lmao
>>
>>63693809

>Well, some people just like to pretend they are above it all

Nice backhand, but if you seriously think it's normal for a full-grown adult to "get hype" about movies/games/whatever, then you've got an immaturity problem.

It's fine to enjoy some down time, but you should not be able to look at a roomful of press applauding a Disney powerpoint presentation about their intention to milk this cash cow every 6 months without feeling something akin to "slightly nauseated and severely disappointed in the state of journalism".
>>
>>63693663
You're fucking dumb. No wonder you need an explanation for why a juvenile, simple film is "made for kids."
>>
>>63694073
Star Wars is a kid movie, but saying that because it has fictitious elements is what makes it for children is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>63693633
Who
>>
>>63694120
No I don't get hyped, but I was excited.
Hyped is beyond excited, and that is a place I don't like to go, because it's like being drunk and not in control of yourself.
>>
>>63694142
You're on a board made for children.
>>
>Han Solo tv spinoff
>Stealing Death Star plans movie
>Inevitable animated show
>Force Awakens Blu Ray/Digital premiere

It'll never end
>>
>>63693377
Anyone have ibfo on eouge one? Im assuming its going to be like a rouge stormtropper or somthing maybe a flashback to clonewars?
>>
>>63694142
Anyway, what films do you enjoy, all this SW bs aside?
I'm not gonna judge, I'm just curious.
>>
>>63694248
Don't forget the special edition with all new bonus footage!
This time around McKlintock swipes his saber five times instead of three!
>>
Well, in any case, I am a fan, so I am always ready for this type of crap.
It's part of being a fan, not caring what other people think.
>>
File: 2i7mf0p.png (1006 KB, 1024x710) Image search: [Google]
2i7mf0p.png
1006 KB, 1024x710
>>63693686
>when the normies get tired of the saturation of Star Wars film

I really doubt that will happen
>>
>>63692870
Nice blog post
>>
>>63694371
They keep that up long enough, they may very well be forced to seek out or create original material.
>>
>>63694073
Actually I don't care.
I enjoy many more films beyond Star Wars, hate it if you want, I don't give a damn.
>>
File: time for bad.png (53 KB, 383x361) Image search: [Google]
time for bad.png
53 KB, 383x361
>>63692870
>Thank goodness we'll get a three year break
>>
>>63692870
>not another star wars films for the last ten years
>waaaah why so many star wars shit!
bait thread but i'll bite. why are you pussies even complaining about star wars when every one of you hypocritical cucks shill your capeshit every release for the last five years here, /tv/ is full of whiney autists with selective memory issues.
>>
File: whoop whoop.jpg (4 KB, 103x106) Image search: [Google]
whoop whoop.jpg
4 KB, 103x106
>>63692870

I remember when The Legend of Korra came to /co/. Didn't matter than the first two seasons were trash, didn't matter that next to know one on the board liked it halfway through the first season, it was impossible to get away from.

It's here to stay anon. You've got at least 3 years before this gets close to done.
>>
>>63694553

What makes you think OP had a desire to see Star Wars again after 10 years or watches and shills capeshit? Doesn't seem like bait to me, the marketing for this crap really is aggressive and in your face. It makes sense that people would get sick of it right off the bat.
>>
>>63694619
Marketing only picked up when it got closer to the movie's release date and trailer revels. It's nothing when you consider the constant TWD/GoT and capeshit threads every year.
>>
>>63693555
Upvotes! Where is this guys upvotes!? xD
>>
>>63692870
SOMEONE POST SPOILERS I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM YET
>>
>>63694615
Get out >>>/co/
>>
>>63695317

Sorry to tell you this anon but there's more capeshit here then there now
>>
>>63695426
>Implying I give a shit about capeshit
>>
>>63695426
Difference is there's way more star wars threads than there's capeshit threads.
Star wars is blowing up too much it's fucking annoying.
>>
>>63694412
Nah, they'll transition into some other property and exploit that for a decade before moving on to the next fad.
>>
>>63694371
>its a "crudely drawn 2 next to the original title" sequel
>>
>>63695753
Viral marketers and people buying the hype. I expect it to taper off to capeshit tier by the time the next movies roll around.
>>
>>63692870
If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years and my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids..
>>
>>63693403
star wars tv show
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.