[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna watch Star Wars for the first time in life, where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1448643155993.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1448643155993.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
I'm gonna watch Star Wars for the first time in life, where do I start?
>>
Watch them in this order: IV, V, II, III, VI.
Do not watch I.
>>
You can start by posting this on reddit.
>>
[/spoiler]BLACKED
>>
>>63692011
Think for yourself faggot, also people need to stop making theses retarded threads.
>>
>>63692011

Be a normal human being
>>
>>63692045
ignore this retard

watch it IV>V>VI then I>II>III
>>
>>63692011
And yes, download the DESPECIALIZED version. No matter how big the file is.
>>
>>63692080
>4,5,6,1,2,3
>Be a normal human being
nigger a normal person would watch them in order, 1 2 3 4 5 and 6
not that jumbled up mess of shit you posted
>>
I watched IV for the first time a week ago. Everything was pretty mediocre except the sets and special effects, Luke is the least aggravating character because he doesn't have much of a personality, everyone else is annoying.
>>
>>63692056
>niggers too stupid to use spoilers
lmao
>>
You dont.

>123
You already know it because of social media memes
>star wars 4
George Lucas is the master of oversimplification. All the characters in Star Wars are terribly black and white and not a single one even remotely leans towards the second dimension. The cheap trick to use plain text as exposition for the upcoming events is a slap in the face of cinema. The entire purpose of film is to convey stories through dialogue and images.Lucas doesn't get that.His writing skills are pre-school.
>star wars 5
The most over rated movie of all time. Pseudo nerds will have you believing that george lucas ruined this movie that was once so great even though they probably didnt even see the original version until after the new ones came out. You can find these geek posers at your local comic cons repeating everything plinkett says wearing there han shot first shirt thinking they sound like they know what there talking about, but take it from me these movies are on par with bollywood scifi shit dont waste your time.
>star wars 6
Let's see, for an adventure, the pacing is mostly off, with lots of periods where nothing happens, and even the action scenes are nothing special. The plot also seems fairly contrived. Say, since this is the final battle between good and evil and all that, the emperor's preparations seem fairly rushed. You'd expect more care to have been taken in keeping that shield intact, for example. Also, since his grand scheme is to turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the force, isn't he trying to kill him too soon after Luke offers some resistance?
>>
>>63692011
Turn off your computer, walk out your front door, head to the nearest bar, and have a conversation with an interesting girl.
>>
watch 4,5,6 and then for the prequels just watch the RLM reviews. They're much more entertaining.
>>
watch original trilogy expecting fun movies. if you like em watch the prequels ONLY if you like to suffer through shitty "how could anyone take this seriously" movies. also, get the despecialized versions
>>
File: 1444279371676.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444279371676.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
For the prequels do not watch I and II. Watch The Clone Wars animated series (the first one) and then watch Episode III which is the only good prequel movie.

Watch the originals in the order of their release. Try to hunt down the original theatrical versions but that is optional.

Episode 5 is best episode. Hope you'll enjoy that one.
>>
Can someone tally up the votes in this thread? I always see 5 different people saying watch watch 5 different versions in 5 different orders
>>
>>63692163
>This copypasta again
>>
>>63692011
Just watch the original trilogy. If you are really interested in the backstory watch Revenge of the Sith, otherwise ignore the prequel trilogy.
>>
don't bother
pop culture has ruined anything in it for you. >>63691570
>>
>>63692169
this sounds like something somebody who has to fantasize about this shit would say. maybe i just got done fucking and i'm in mood for star wars you faggot
>>
>>63692011
Watch the even numbered ones first (II,IV,VI) then odd numbered ones in reverse (V,III,I)
>>
File: 1448275802606.jpg (13 KB, 239x229) Image search: [Google]
1448275802606.jpg
13 KB, 239x229
>>63692045
>Watch them in this order: IV, V, II, III, VI.
Do not watch I.
>>63692083
>watch it IV>V>VI then I>II>III
>>63692121
>the DESPECIALIZED version
>>63692268
>Watch the even numbered ones first (II,IV,VI) then odd numbered ones in reverse (V,III,I)
>>
3 2 3 4 4 2 3

The Ishtar order
>>
>>63692011
Proper order as was intended from the beginning
1-6
>>
Don't.

The only adults who like Star Wars are wearing Rose Tinted glasses that are suffering from nostalgia.
>>
Don't watch them. Throw them in le trash and forget about them. Unless you're a video game player/redditor. Then by all means enjoy them friend.
>>
>>63692011
>>
4, 5

thats all
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.