[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He's done it again.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: Capture.png (142 KB, 749x314) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
142 KB, 749x314
He's done it again.
>>
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>63690981
>1 rotten

FINISHED
>>
File: Kill Bill reference.jpg (112 KB, 521x976) Image search: [Google]
Kill Bill reference.jpg
112 KB, 521x976
>>63690981

why is he so based bros?
>>
I've always liked him. Everyone that hates him and goes all "hurrr he just copy pastes, rips off" don't anything about cinema anyway. I don't like HIM as a person, every time he opens his mouth it's CRINGE TIME. But I enjoy his films. Kill Bill was my first taste of Tarantino.
>>
>8/10

He did what again? Be mediocre?
>>
File: taranlolno.jpg (59 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
taranlolno.jpg
59 KB, 400x600
>mfw idiot shitposters think he's capable of making a bad movie
>>
His movies are comfy tier.
>>
Does Ennio Morricone deliver though?
>>
>>63692140

What is Kill Bill? What is Death Proof?
>>
>>63692418
Death Proof is pretty good, desu, senpai. Kill Bill is fun.
>>
>>63692418
But Kill Bill is one of his best what are you on?
>Death Proof
I personally don't care for it, but the people that GET IT and know what it was trying to achieve since they like that kind of cinema, well they love it.
>>
They're showing it in 70mm right near me. Think I might go see it.
>>
File: 1397135244769.gif (3 MB, 350x193) Image search: [Google]
1397135244769.gif
3 MB, 350x193
If this does better than Star Wars, I gaurantee /tv/ will never, ever let it go
>>
>>63691060
>Uno FARTO review

Its like poetry.
>>
File: hateful-8-gay-blowjob.jpg (167 KB, 1449x1011) Image search: [Google]
hateful-8-gay-blowjob.jpg
167 KB, 1449x1011
Tarantino knows how to get the good reviews in Hollywood.
>>
>>63692418
Both are considered good movies.
>>
>>63692597
>But Kill Bill is one of his best what are you on?
No, Kill Bill was the point at which he decided to stop making real movies and instead churn out juvenile crap.

Kill Bill is a 1/10 flick and so is everything he's made since then.
>>
>>63692619
>implying Disney hasn't bought out every reviewer for Star Wars and it won't get 100%
>>
>>63692651
kek
>>
UNO FARTO @ 3:17
>>
>>63692651
this is true but faggots will deny it anyway.

None of the goofy bullshit he has come up with over the years compares to even one scene in Reservoir Dogs.
>>
>>63692603
How do you know? Where can I find that
>>
>>63692754
Take off the nostalgia goggles.

Tarantino has always been an idiosyncratic genre filmmaker, he just isn't making contemporary gangster flicks anymore.
>>
Who else is super excited to see a western shot in Ultra Panavision and projected in 70mm? That plus it being set in the snowy mountains and it coming out on Christmas day make me think I will have so much fun watching it.
>>
>>63692772
http://tickets.thehatefuleight.com/showtimes
>>
>>63692810
literally set up to be the most comfy movie of all time
>>
>>63692629
YES
E
S
>>
>>63692810
Why would I be excited about a director who views films as nothing more than vehicles by which to indulge in his bizarre fetishes and anti-white self-loathing
>>
>>63692890
Because that's a meme and he makes cool movies.
>>
>liking a filmmaker who endorses cop killing
>>
>>63692931
>Because that's a meme
Except this literally has a scene where a white guy is forced to service a BBC.
>>
>>63692931
Did this turn into Night Calls all of a sudden?
>>
sorry for doubting
>>
File: MMMMMMM.png (428 KB, 661x462) Image search: [Google]
MMMMMMM.png
428 KB, 661x462
WHAT'S GOING ON HERE
>>
>>63692801
>idiosyncratic

He was dialed back enough in Reservoir Dogs that none of the humor or "wackiness"got in the way of the dramatic tension. Now everything he makes, especially since Kill Bill has the dramatic content of a live action R rated cartoon.
>>
Can't bent the Quent
>>
>>63692418
>>63692140

What is anything after Jackie Brown? He hasn't made a quality movie since.
>>
>>63692651
this all the way senpai. someone let tarantino off a damn leash after jackie brown. he needs to be told to chill out with his schtick
>>
The Hateful Eight is such a cheesy title
>>
>3 hours
Will there be an intermission? How is one possiblely supposed to drink his huge american soda and hold it for that long?
>>
>>63693616
Yah, its supposed to sound like the title of an old Western. Most of them had goofy titles
>>
File: 1.jpg (49 KB, 458x615) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
49 KB, 458x615
>>63692629

I thought for sure this would be cut out of the final film since about a third of his last 5 movies got cut out.

>Yuki Yubari cut from Kill Bill
>Moonlit sword fight between Bill and Kiddo at the end of Kill Bill 2
>Stuntman Mike jerking off after the first car crash in Death Proof.
>Bear Jew backstory, Shoshana and the Theater owner backstory, more violent climax in Basterds
>Broomhilda won by Candie in a poker game after almost succeeding in finding Django herself by manipulating her beta-male owner in Django.

Every one of these films changed from the leaked scripts (Yes, these ALL leaked before production. He sucks at keeping these under wraps)

One of these lines is in the trailer though.

It's in the movie.
>>
>>63691116
Damn, that's actually pretty good. Never picked up on that.
>>
>>63692629
who's the poor son of a bitch playing the cocksucker?
that'll do wonders for the career.
>>
>>63692140
Kill Bill was pretty shit.
>>
>>63692801
Sorry, but his idiosyncratic style does NOT work in the antebellum South or WWII occupied France, and it doesn't work with Nazis, spies, bounty hunters, slavery, etc. His style clashes TERRIBLY with all these things.

Toned down, it works well in 1990s LA. Too bad for us that Tarantula never figured that out. It's good for manchildren, fedoras, and assorted casual filmgoers however. It must be hella epic to see cowboys shootin' big ole guns in between super quirky conversations about things that aren't immediately relevant, right? You might as well just play a fucking video game if a post-2000 Tarantino movie is your idea of "good."
>>
>>63691116
except that elle isn't the leader, o-ren is chinese, the black girl was the knife expert, and the french girl was essentially just a personal assistant to o-ren
>>
>>63693825
Quentin cameo
>>
>>63691955
Eh, everything after Jackie Brown is pretty shit. I'm genuinely excited for 8 though because it feels restrained in a Reservoir Dogs kind of way.
>>
Made a shit film that critics gobble up? whew looking forward to that one la
>>
>>63694023
holy shit, my guy
i spat my ice cold sweet lemon tea onto the floor
it's so obvious
why couldn't i see it.
god, it has to be, doesn't it?
>>
>>63694023
Actually it's some dude named Craig Stark. I just looked it up.
>>
>>63694190
Is it going to be simulated or done for real?
>>
>>63693959
I wish I gave enough of a fuck to copy pasta this. Shit's accurate.
>>
>>63693825
It should be that guy who cried at the Oscars of muh glory was sung.
>>
>>63694233
I'm sure it'll be unsimulated. Tarantino wouldn't allow something in his movie to look like fake, Hollywood garbage, right?

>>63694324
I'm not going to lie to you lads, I'm fucking sick of black people and everything they're about these days.

That shit was annoying.
>>
Were we expecting anything other than excellence?
>>
>>63692629
This reads like it was written by a 14-year-old. I remember when his scripts used to have wit. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>63694563
1. No one will tell him 'no' after such success with PF
2. Audiences will pay for properly "entertaining" juvenile garbage.

Before he made a HUGE hit, he had to care more and make better movies. But now he's entrenched in the industry.
>>
>>63694563
>I remember when his scripts used to have wit. What the fuck happened?
You stopped being 14
>>
All these plebs not liking Inglourious Basterds
>>
>>63695052
You're defending a flick starring walking memes like Eli Roth and Christolph Waltz
>>
>>63695052
fuck off to reddit, kike.
>>
>>63693430
>/poltv/ still won't admit Django and Inglorious Bastards were good movies.
>>
>>63691116
except he and uma literally came up with the idea of kill bill while filming pulp fiction
>>
>>63695379

Uhh no, patricians will never call a bad movie "good" Basterds is objectively awful and /pol/ loves it because /pol/ abided by the theory that the jews were the villians in the flick.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.