[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He fucking lied.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: VGSoOXb.jpg (78 KB, 1280x691) Image search: [Google]
VGSoOXb.jpg
78 KB, 1280x691
He fucking lied.
>>
>>63688267
No he didn't
>>
original but utterly forgettable
>>
I'm still not sure if I liked this movie or not, but I definitely still want a sequel
>>
What PS 2 game is this?
>>
>>63688358

OP here; there is something to this. I watched it, dad and I in the theater, we were entertained, le allegory xD, le anime-violence xD. I purchased a DVD and re-watched once.

Then... nothing. It's dawning on me that it's been six years or so, I never had a strong urge to go back and check it out again. I think it's been so long that now I'm thinking about it again a little bit and wanting to re-visit. It's right on my shelf whenever I feel like it.

I liked the cynicism, the po-mo, the good effects on the cheap, all that, but was something missing? I don't know. I do want the sequel, though, and I still think it's certainly a debut any director could be proud of --- even if staying power is in question.

The thing is, I am /ONLY/ interested in the sequel from him. Do that one trick again. I don't know that District 9 was forgettable, but Elysium certainly was, being a more ham-handed allegory exporing basically the same universe. That one turned me off enough that I didn't even bother to know the third project (/was/ it Chappie? I honestly don't know that for sure as I type).
>>
This was a genuinely strange movie experience. I remember thinking how well thought out and delivered the content was. The mockumentary format was perfect. Then they shit on it to have super cool camera effects. Fuck that continuity.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 200x200
>trusting a fookin prawn
>>
I thought the movie was well thought out, but at the end of the day the characters weren't given enough time to develop and there were obvious holes in the logic regarding containment of alien people. 7/10 but kept my attention throughout
>>
File: district 9 pig.gif (2 MB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
district 9 pig.gif
2 MB, 400x222
>>63688816
That's all well and good, but.... you have to admit the Assault Pig was awesome. We all have to admit that. Right?
>>
>>63688267
I would lie too. Anything to get my boy off of a planet that hates us.
>>
>>63688529
>le I watch movies multiple le times le man

watch a movie once. Catalog your thoughts on it. Never watch it again. too much stuff to watch to be tying yourself down to rewatching things.
>>
why didnt he go with them?
>>
>>63689472
When you find something that is worth rewatching that makes all the movies you watch worth it though.
>>
Why can't everyone do cgi like this? For some reason it just looks less obvious that it's trying to recreate the way light looks on a surface. It's like it has its own style of
CGI...
>>
>>63689681
majority of the budget must have went into the cgi because the sets werent spectacular
>>
>>63688267
The movie is a metaphor for the tensions between the South Africans and the black Rhodesian refugees from the Bush War.

It doesn't really matter about the fooken prawn coming back or not.
>>
why would putting on alien weaponry cause him to turn into an alien
that's not how biology works at all
>>
>>63689895
>why would putting on alien weaponry cause him to turn into an alien

It didn't. Getting sprayed in the eyes and mouth with some weird alien DNA tech turned him into an alien.

>that's not how biology works at all

This is alien biology. In a sci-fi movie. It works whichever way is most convenient for the plot.
>>
>>63689895
It's Alien biology and technology you Fucking sperg. In other words, there's nothing to reference it on!
>>
>>63688529
I think there's something about movies that have humans s the bad guys and aliens as the good guys makes them really forgettable after one viewing. Same thing with Avatar. Its like a weird "human guilt" thing that's sort of hard to get excited about
>>
>>63689895
>why would putting on alien weaponry cause him to turn into an alien

Because he got sprayed with an alien chemical in the face and arm.
>>
Director doesn't care anymore
>>
>>63689987
>>63690008
>>63690063
i know it's just a movie, but still. the aliens would have something completely different from DNA. it would just be incompatible with humans. eh, fuck it, i'm thinking about this too much.
>>
>>63688947
all the mech scenes were awesome
>>
>>63690132
Hi!
:D
>>
>>63689472
Plus your initial impression will be forever lost as you take a more critical look at it with your second viewing. First and second viewing are worlds apart. First viewing is an experience that must be protected sometimes.
>>
File: 1421477748937 (1).jpg (270 KB, 1500x1060) Image search: [Google]
1421477748937 (1).jpg
270 KB, 1500x1060
>>63688267
weekus was a piece of shit anyway so who cares
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.