[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JJ out for Episode 8, who replaces him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x312
JJ has already confirmed on 60 minutes that he will not return to direct Episode 8. It has been too taxing on him.

So who is up next /tv/??
Post likely replacements and why they are good fits
>>
It's already confirmed to be Rian Johnson.

Ep 9 is Colin Trevorrow. That's the one I'm really worried about, because everything he's done is shit.
>>
good for him, so he doesnt end up an old fat ugly piece of shit like hackson and lucas
>>
>>63687673
Is he trying to look like Barton Fink? Because in no way is he an attractive human being.
>>
>>63687673
what? it was confirmed ages ago that Rian Johnson is writing (probably co-writing) and directed ep 8
>>
It's going to be a woman. It's obvious from TFA that neo-star wars is just a trojan horse for cultural "enrichment" and the diversity meme. They're just going to up the ante.
>>
Justin Lin
>>
I don't get why they're doing different directors for each movie. Won't that make them too different? Each movie will feel a little out of place compared to the last, especially if it's with different writers too
>>
>>63687698
>JW was shit meme
>>
>>63687673

Georgie boy.
>>
>>63687773
It was entertaining, but that doesn't mean it was a good movie.
>>
Mel Gibson
>>
>>63687673
Well shit, why will JJ not do ep 8? is he scare to fuck up or was all well planned?
>>
File: 1446649858238.jpg (96 KB, 1024x428) Image search: [Google]
1446649858238.jpg
96 KB, 1024x428
>>
>>63687698
If we're going by each director's last movie then Trevorrow looks the best.

Jurassic World was about a 5/10. Looper was a 2/10 and Star Trek Into Darkness was a 1/10.

I'm sure Trevorrow will fulfill his obligation as blandly competent studio yes man again just fine.
>>
>>63687756
I guess they don't really give a shit, they just need someone to get the actors to say their lines properly and film some cool explosions, nothing more.
>>
>>63687698

Jurassic World was shit

Safety Not Guaranteed was alright 6/10
>>
>>63687756
The directors of these movies don't matter. Look at marvel capeshit. Star Wars will be exactly the same.
>>
>>63687882

>Looper was a 2/10

Le contrarian faec

Looper is 8/10, Darkness and World were both shit.
>>
>>63687882
>Looper
>2/10
I didn't lurk on /tv/ when that movie came out, but that was a good movie
>>
>>63687673
Wasn't it confirmed they're giving it to that black female director? Or at least she's getting her own movie?
>>
The more important thing is who is writing.
>>
>>63687961
Episode 8 is Rian Johnson
Episode 9 is Colin trevoroh
>>
>>63687943
Looper is commonly regarded as one of the worst mainstream releases of recent years. You're the contrarian if anything, although I do not believe in the concept.

Don't bother posting any screenshots from "fanboy shill" haven rotten tomatoes/IMDB either.
>>
Looper was shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 823x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 823x500
Pic related for Episode 9
>>
I wasn't very impressed by Looper either. When I saw it got tons of praise online, I was surprised. It wasn't terrible, but it was just another flick to watch
>>
David Lynch. Now that Lucas is gone Lynch can do the film he was supposed to do for jedi
>>
>>63688000
You posting your shit opinions in /tv/ doesn't equal to "commonly regarded".
>>
>>63688000
>Looper is commonly regarded as one of the worst mainstream releases of recent years.
No its not you stupid idiot. It literally has universal acclaim
Also don't say that we can't post stuff from IMDb or RT, kinda, like, the best way to judge what people thought of it off of
>>
>>63687746
>It's going to a woman
If you weren't completely fucking retarded like OP was, you'd have looked it up and found that Rain Johnson is the director of Episode 8, Colin Trevorow for Episode 9. But instead, you'd much rather shitpost about how women and jews are taking over the world.
>>
>>63687698
>Ep 9 is Colin Trevorrow.

What if Episode VIII is good? Why wouldn't they wait? They couldn't wait to see and then try to get Johnson back?

Fucking studios are too hamstrung by this success formula. There is nothing left of the chance taking that once made movie making great... It's gone forever.

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>63687756
Original trilogy did the same m8
>>
>>63688055
>Recasts Rey has some blob feminist
>Have her bang a slew of 10/10 buff alpha males
>>
>>63687749

He's like the cooler version of Michael Bay that everyone wants to like better.
>>
Malick should direct Ep. 9
>>
>>63688100
>No its not you stupid idiot. It literally has universal acclaim
Illgotten acclaim that is respected by nobody with an education in film.
>like, the best way to judge what people thought of it off of
Rotten tomatoes is the best way to judge what shills and fanboy sensibility bloggers thought of it.
IMDB is the best way to judge what juvenile fanboy "Movie buffs" thought of it. Worst of all is that the IMBD generation are growing up and will become the next wave of "critics", these children of Tarantino.

Looper was an outright declaration of war on intellectualism in cinema. It literally had Johnson stepping into frame to say "just turn your brain off and enjoy the dank memes bruv ;)" As a doctor of science fiction I punched the "friend" who had asked me to see this right in the face and then stormed out of the theater. No one who has bled for cinema has ever liked a film of Rian Johnson. Garbage man hack.
>>
>>63688229
The Grass Awakens
>>
>>63687673
Jesus fuck his nose is revolting
>>
>>63687673
>JJ out for Episode 8, who replaces him?

Black, fat, lesbian Jew with a deformed foot that introduces the first tranny sidekick to the series.
>>
>>63687673
This and Age of Ultron "breaking" Joss Whedon. What an absolute joke these directors of today are.
>>
>>63688229
>Be excited to see episode 9
>Get in the theater biting my fingernails in anticipation
>Lights go dark
ohshitnigga
>Star Wars explodes onto screen, but without the orchestral music
>The opening crawl has weird inspirational music playing over it
>The first scene is the closeup of grass as you see people walk through the background.
>Get narration from Finn, talking about how life is a beautiful thing
>rest of the movie is about the life of an average Joe as the war between the to sides gets mentioned in passing

Ya nahh im goood
>>
>>63688152
>Rain Johnson
Who is a cuckold in his own right. Fuck off shill.
>women and jews are taking over the world.
And you deny this after seeing the force awakens? Get fucked.
>>
>>63687721
>not recognizing the merchant pose
>>
File: fender bender.jpg (949 KB, 1351x1393) Image search: [Google]
fender bender.jpg
949 KB, 1351x1393
>>63688257
>my opinions are universal because they're the only ones that matter
>any evidence that points to the contrary is inherently invalid
>>
>>63688275
>Points at sky
>"That's where the force lives"
>>
>>63688257
>expecting me to take you seriously after saying you punched your friend in the face
I don't know what would be worse, you actually being an autist and unched your friend, or the fact that you feel the need to act like your intelligence of cinema is on an entirely different level than us
>>
>>63688330
Yeah, sounds too much like an actual film rather than a capeshit spectacle fest for retards who play video games and spend their money on action figures.
>>
>>63688330
>Not wanting that

qve.plebeivs
>>
>>63688411
I'm not one to dish out personal attacks to strangers on the internet, but if you think Looper is acceptable then I can confidently say that you have lower cinematic intelligence than I do. That diner scene is the only part of the film that you even need to discuss, how can you say that it doesn't condone cultural infantilization when it literally tells the audience to turn their brains off and just accept the bullshit? This isn't cinema.
>>
>>63687756
It's unimportant because they all lack style and flair so they will all produce entirely identical films. Which is the point, to remake the same unoffensive unengaging film three times to maximize profits.
>>
>>63688488
>I can confidently say that you have lower cinematic intelligence than I do
I can promise that no one in the history of the world has been less intelligent than you. Sentient diarrhea would have a better grasp of basic behavior and social graces than you.
>>
>>63688185
OT also had Lucas behind them, whether good or bad. And he actually cared about his story at the time.
>>
>>63688488
You're in a thread for Star Wars dude. Don't pretend you can spell cinema without autocorrect.
>>
>>63688571
If you're not ready to fight for your artistic beliefs then you should not be here at all. If somebody was championing degenerate media I'd have to stop them out of moral principle. If you would just stand there then you are an enabler of cultural autism. The replacement of white culture with toy line infantilization. If you're not ready to order the death of every video game player then you HATE film and are an enemy of the medium.
>>
>>63688662
>>63688488
>>63688257
hahaha holy shit
>>
>>63688662
You've never fought for anything in your life you hypercephalic basement dwelling simpleton. You know it, I know it, everyone on 4 chan knows it.
>>
>>63688774
I've been arrested 4 times for assaulting people during heated cinematic debates. I've been bloodied for cinema, I've had bones broken for cinema. I got thrown out of my first film school for attacking somebody incessantly praising a destructive film.

You don't care about art. You're only hear to talk about whatever the most recent forced flavor of the month is that the studios brainwash you into advertising for them. I'd kill for film.
>>
>>63688863
You've got me so hard right now. Want to go out back and sword fight for who gets to be on top?
>>
>>63688184
>What if Episode VIII is good? Why wouldn't they wait? They couldn't wait to see and then try to get Johnson back?

1. if they sign Trevorrow now he's potentially cheaper than down the line

2. with the release pattern and the scale of these movies they want a director working on the next one while the current one is being made
>>
cary fukunaga
please
>>
File: tp.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tp.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>63687673

let me do mah thang.
>>
>>63689038
>Madea goes to Dagobah
>>
>>63687756
VIII comes out in a year and a half. not enough time for JJ to write begin preproduction. plus, the production for VII was pretty rushed so he's pretty burned out.
>>
>>63688662
>white
>Culture

Pick one.
>>
>>63689715
>Urkel and Madea are culture
blacks have nothing. no art, no literature, no traditions, etc.
>>
>>63689894
They invented rock, jazz and blues, m8.
>>
>>63690282
*contributed to
still pretty sad that Africa has contributed nothing to world culture, but put black people in a white country and some start doing okay. Still most dont.
>>
>>63690380
They contributed all those resources you Americucks exploit from them, fucking over their economy in the process.
>>
>>63687673
>JJ has already confirmed on 60 minutes that he will not return to direct Episode 8. It has been too taxing on him.

How much of a dumb fucking newshit are you? He was never planned to direct ep 8, Disney explicitly stated they were getting different directors from all three before they even began. Go back to fucking reddit, faggot.
>>
>>63690438
>Whites are already WAY ahead of blacks
>a few whites arrive by ships
>enough to take over an entire continent and steal their resources
>leave by ship again
>This is why Africa is shitty
are you serious? White colonialism was the best thing to happen to modern Africa. The chinks who are there now arent building roads or schools.
>>
We've known for a year and a half that Rian Johnson would be directing Episode VIII. Thanks for the news OP.
>>
>>63687882
>Jurassic World was about a 5/10. Looper was a 2/10 and Star Trek Into Darkness was a 1/10.

Such a hyperbolic cunt, aren't you?
>>
>>63687902
literally the same movie as JW but with dinosaurs. Piece of shit where the director projected himself.
>>
>>63690552
Those ratings are completely fair.
>>
>>63687977
Rian Johnson is attached to write both 8 and 9 so far.

i'm nervous since wasn't a fan of how Looper became all about a character who got introduced way in the third act
>>
>>63688055
whats wrong with her mouth? it looks awful.
>>
JJ is out because his wife probably told him no, she's a gigantic controlling bitch who spends his money on pointless charities.
>>
>>63690633

you say that like there isn't a whole lot wrong with the rest of her
>>
>>63688926

Right. So, it's assembly line bullshit. Forget any semblance of narrative coherence. I mean, what the hell does storytelling style or tone matter?

Damn... I think I'm drunk.
>>
>>63688257
The face of autism.
>>
>>63688662
>If you're not ready to fight for your artistic beliefs then you should not be here at all.

i agree even if its pasta sempai
>>
>>63687673
>too much taxing on him
>>
10 dollars on the next director making boyega stay in a comma for the whole flick because of how much of a clusterfuck his character is and how he doesn't want to take responsability for ending it
>>
>the fucking JURASSIC WORLD director is doing EP9

AHAHAHAHAHAH!

YOU LITERALLY CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

SWKUKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>63690848
best case scenario he's Lando, worst is literally jar jar which is where's at after 1 movie
>>
File: 1439860667838.png (21 KB, 360x483) Image search: [Google]
1439860667838.png
21 KB, 360x483
>>63687673
i wonder who
>>
>>63690662
she is like Jabbas spawn.
>>
>>63690552
in terms of pure directing these ratings are accurate. all of these flicks are 1/10 because of the writing, acting and editing
>>
>>63690660
for real? wow, he is suck a beta fag...
>>
>>63690864
>we finally get to see the rancor homeworld
>>
File: josh_trank.jpg (207 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
josh_trank.jpg
207 KB, 1200x800
>>63687673

Rejoice for the saviour has come
>>
>>63688205
perfect description desu
>>
we need Fincher
>>
File: fWC6IP4.jpg (209 KB, 647x622) Image search: [Google]
fWC6IP4.jpg
209 KB, 647x622
>>
>>63687882

jurassic world was all flash, no substance. for a film series that was made on a shoestring budget and had to be built around substance. autistic mildly insane george lucas substance, but substance none-the-less.

the original movies had actual fucking good directors for fuck's sake. george lucas got fucking steven spielberg on some of the movies he made.
>>
>>63688966

I love his style but not for a space opera, f am. Love him or hate him, Abrams was a good choice for a movie on this scale. It's a big story. I only hope that they keep that in mind with the subsequent movies. This isn't something intimate. The scale is meant to be epic.
>>
>>63691045

that's confirmed you never actually get to see snokes face. the fucking retards couldn't hammer down a final design so they just didn't bother.
>>
>>63691025
No way that would work. He'd walk out after a day when Disney try to compromise his autistic version. Don't see how his style would fit stars wars anyway.
>>
>>63691107
I like the left one, desu
>>
>>63690501
>The chinks who are there now arent building roads or schools.

Yeah because they are entirely about the money. They want it ALL. They don't have some mealy-mouthed, guilty pseudo-altruism behind their ventures.

They're brutal business wise but there's certainly no salesmanship in their game.
>>
>>63691225
I may be racist, but I'd rather see Africans not live in literal shit.
Bring back colonialism
>>
>>63691225
>no salesmanship in their game.
Any Chinese businessman or salesman isn't going to respect you if you don't try and break his balls over every red cent. Its an entire civilization that's turned haggling into an art form.
>>
File: Larry_Kasdan.jpg (103 KB, 567x376) Image search: [Google]
Larry_Kasdan.jpg
103 KB, 567x376
> Lawrence Kasdan Says ‘Star Wars Episode 8’ Will be “Some Weird Thing”

"These movies will all be so different. [“Episode VIII” director] Rian Johnson is a friend of mine — he’s going to make some weird thing. If you’ve seen Rian’s work, you know it’s not going be like anything that’s ever been in “Star Wars.” You couldn’t have three more different people than J.J., Rian and [“Episode IX” director] Colin [Trevorrow]. Those movies will have the “Star Wars” saga as their basis, but everything else will be different."

http://www.slashfilm.com/lawrence-kasdan-star-wars-episode-8/
>>
>>63691503
along with Benicio del Toro sith lord this is grounds for way more cautious optimism than anything in TFA
>>
>auditions to direct star wars 7 by ruining star trek with 2 movies
>shit talks star trek and how much he loves star wars leading up to being chosen
>quits after one movie because it was "taxing"
>>
>>63687756
>Disney giving a flying fuck about you star wars or its movies
Bro just look at what happened to marvel shit after shit minus TWS
>>
>>63691583
with you there
>>
>>63688000
Looper was great until that third act with that fucking baby

Fuck all you niggers akira was not good. That monster shit ruined the entire movie
>>
>>63691107
that's pretty sad actually, i like the direction they were going in
>>
>>63691741
> Fuck all you niggers akira was not good. That monster shit ruined the entire movie

is mentioning akira unwarrented some type of neo-tv meme I'm unaware of?
>>
>>63692422
Oh its only one of Johnsons main influences on the movie

Weve been through this before pre neo/tv/ anon what are you doing
>>
>>63692422
>a neo-tv meme

hello newfag
>>
>>63687673
Nolan is the hero this franchise needs
>>
File: roland emmerich.jpg (43 KB, 648x365) Image search: [Google]
roland emmerich.jpg
43 KB, 648x365
I've been honing my hackery for this moment
>>
>>63687673
>ctrl+f
>no Martin Scorsese
/tv/ you should be ashamed
>>
Whedon. He's already Disney's whore, SJW's and fat virgins love him which is the main audience for the movies. Fits perfectly.
>>
>>63687709
he can't be that bad because he was never as good as them.
>>
>>63690628
Didn't he direct that episode of breaking bad everyone was freaking out about?

He's got that
>>
>>63691503
>Lawrence Kasdan
He still can't finish that Robotech script.
>>
>>63691586
Yeah seriously fuck JJ - stupid hack
>>
>>63690501
the Chinese literally are building roads right now. But they bring in all Chinese workers to build these roads that most of Africa can't use while stripping that land of resources. So essentially all the money and more goes back into their pockets leaving Africa with a road.
>>
File: CT8IwTqXAAAK1ke.jpg large.jpg (40 KB, 599x389) Image search: [Google]
CT8IwTqXAAAK1ke.jpg large.jpg
40 KB, 599x389
>>63693879
It's a problem
>>
>>63693344
Nolan's imagination is too fragile for Star Wars.
>>
>>63693344
more like cary fukunaga or christopher mcquarrie
>>
>>63687673
Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
>>
The Pixar dude who directed John Carter
>>
>>63687673

if its another straight white male, i'm starting a petition against star wars

there is no reason why the next director shouldnt be a woman other than sexism
>>
The Han Solo Chronicles series on HBO 2018

Written and Directed by David Beniof and D.B. Weiss

dabad wookie
>>
>>63694319
If Katherine Bigelow directed there would be too much testosterone for Star Wars.
>>
>>63693879
>leaving Africa with a road.
that's really shitty and basically breaks as soon as the chinks leave
>>
>>63688572
JJ will be an executive on all these movies. He's Lucas now.
>>
>>63691503

As if they'd let some auteur do anything weird with their flagship to end all flagship properties

He may intend that, but it'll just end up like the Fantastic 4 movie that just came out. They'll pummel him into submission or else replace him.
>>
>>63694376
he's not

kathleen kennedy is lucas now
>>
James Gunn
>>
>>63694475
Kathleen will lead from afar. JJ is going to guide the story like Lucas did in the OT.
>>
>>63694319
Nice meme
>>
>>63687698

Looper was possibly the worst film I've ever seen. It also has a plot hole as the basic conceit of the film. Why not just send bodies back into the past into a fucking volcano instead of a neatly spread tarp? And why can they just shoot future Bruce's wife if the mob has to do this dumb fucking time travel bullshit in the first place because you can't hide bodies? Not to mention VO from a dead narrator, which is the only permutation of VO that manages to make the cheapest convention of them all even worse.

You get an F
>>
>>63687882
>Jurassic World was about a 5/10
>Looper was a 2/10

Sweet mother of fuck you have awful taste.
>>
>>63695009
Looper committed far worse crimes than jurassic mediocrity. Looper was a direct attack on intellectualism in film.
>>
>>63695009
Why didn't the dinosaur eat the whole park?
>>
Disney has already planned everything and they don't have to wait and see whether the director does well they just move on to the next project
>>
>>63688000
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looper_(film)#Critical_response

1/10 for making me respond
>>
>>63695045
elaborate or fuck off m8, no one cares about your vague criticisms
>>
>>63695074
FANBOYS AND SHILLS
>>
>>63695095
>>63694939

I was pretty elaborate. This anon just gave the shorthand
>>
>>63695095
>"Just turn your brain off"
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.