[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some really well done gritty dark action sci-fi movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
What are some really well done gritty dark action sci-fi movies like Robocop 1 and Terminator 1 about machines? One could argue that Robocop isn't as "dark and gritty" as Terminator 1, but it really has those dark moments early on where he gets completely shot up and it shows all of the other people who were made into machines killing themselves which really showed that Murphy is special because of his drive toward justice keeping him sane.

I actually did not like Blade Runner.
>>
>>63683847
>One could argue that Robocop isn't as "dark and gritty"

negro, robocop must be one of the most violent movies ever.
>>
>>63683906
Yeah, but it's not dark and gritty. It's cartoon violence. That's part of its charm.
>>
Bicentennial Man is pretty dark. He watches everyone he loves grow old and die.
>>
>>63683847
Robocop is grittier than Terminator.
>>
>>63683847

Bladerunner is the only thing that comes to mind.
>>
>>63683932
Nah its not "cartoon" like a Marvel movie. Some people die in tough ways, like toxic waste and shit.
>>
>>63683847
Hardware
Westworld
A.I.
Ghost in the Shell
>>
>>63683932
>cartoon violence

He had his hand shot off, IT WAS SPOUTING BLOOD.
>>
Hardware
Saturn 3
Virus
>>
>>63683932
>not dark and gritty

you might have some mild retardation, pal. whats "not so gritty" about a last scene in an abandoned fabric, with a guy melting on acid, and another guy stabed in the jugular by a robot?

terminator is tech-noir, step your game up senpai.
>>
I could name some but they're definitely not as good.

Nemesis (1992)
Split Second (1992)
Cyborg (1989)

If I think of anymore I'll post them.
>>
>>63683847
Have you seen The Machine?
I don't think it really falls into an action category like RoboCop or Terminator but it does have really good action you just have to wait for it.
>>
>>63683847
Hardware
Screamers
>>
>>63684148
Screamers is a good one
>>
OP here, thanks. I am copying all of the suggestions down and will watch all of these

>>63684127

I have not, I'll look into it. Based on your webm I'm guessing that's a cyborg or full-on android who thinks she's human and doesn't realize her power. Always an interesting concept to me as long as it's done well.
>>
File: scream09.jpg (37 KB, 467x734) Image search: [Google]
scream09.jpg
37 KB, 467x734
>>63684266

Can I come with you?
>>
>>63683847
I'm gonna chime in here and say what are you talking about Robocop isn't dark and gritty. One of the most violent action movies to get wide release.
>>
Manborg
>>
>>63683847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9l9wxGFl4k
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.