[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new Star Wars movie hasn't even come out yet >/tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: 1449260622865.png (171 KB, 326x326) Image search: [Google]
1449260622865.png
171 KB, 326x326
>new Star Wars movie hasn't even come out yet
>/tv/ has already gone full circle and says "we want Lucas back"
>somehow forgetting how utterly shit the prequels were and how hard people jacked off to the Plinkett reviews
>this time next year there will probably be some review acclaimed by /tv/ that shits on the new film and explains why the prequels were "actually great"
>trying THIS hard to be contrarian

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it's still hard not to be
>>
>>63682459
Tbh whatever shit lucas came up with would be 1000 times better than JJ's new hope fanfiction
>>
I really don't give a fuck what you think
>>
The prequels would've been good if the Sith Jar-Jar plotline was followed and there was better acting.
>>
The early reviews all indicate this will be a pretty good movie, on par with the OT.

I won't lie, I was sceptical at first, but it's starting to give way to positive anticipation. I'll just have to wait and see, hopefully it will work.

If all else fails, just the score + visual effects will be worth it. I remember when Episode I came out, I didn't give a fuck about the plot. Everything looked so fresh and unheard of. The pod racing, droid army, all the new ships (I almost came when I first saw Padme's silver ship), even the costume design was amazing, and this was at a time when I was far too young to care about costume design.

How much of the support staff working on this film are veterans from the prequels or OT?
>>
/tv/ and 4chan as a whole is about as contrarian as you can get. As soon as public opinion shifts, /tv/ will shift in the opposite direction.

So, /tv/ knew for quite awhile how shit the prequels were. As soon as the public picked up on this (finally), /tv/ was ready to roll the other direction.
>>
it's anti-RLM contrarianism
RLM are too popular so I don't like them anymore and the prequels were good
>>
Dumb frog-poster
>>
>>63682667

You mean the people Star Wars invited to their premiere to shill for the movie?

Star Wars fans are the dumbest fandom in existence period.
>>
>>63682565

The reason the acting was shit was it was shot in pieces without anyone readung the full script
>>
>>63682906
>You mean the people Star Wars invited to their premiere to shill for the movie?
That's not how it works. They invite critics from as many different TV stations and Newspapers as possible because they want maximum coverage for the release. There's nothing binding those critics to give good reviews in fact many movies are panned by them. You are stupid, please go back to Reddit.
>>
>>63682906
your way of thinking isn't true
>>
It's /pol/'s fault. /pol/ has created these reddit-like groupthink memes that make it hard for there to be critical thinking here about anything even tangentially race related. Tarantino is an example of this, regardless of what you think of his movies you can't have a good discussion about them here, and right now there is a thread up discussing Steve McQueen in a similar fashion
>>
REMINDER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw
>>
>>63683051
Why does everyone blame /pol/ for everything?

Because its not as liberal as facebook?
>>
>>63682667
>The early reviews all indicate this will be a pretty good movie, on par with the OT.

I'll tell you the ultimate secret of Star Wars...

OT was shit, too!
>>
>>63683116
this 2bh family
>>
>>63683116
This 1000%
>>
File: 1444130357142.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1444130357142.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
>>63683111
This is why
>>
>>63682459

I just come for the Baneposting.
>>
>>63683116
No, that's not true.... THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
>>
>>63683023
>>63683040
4.5/5 stars for episode 1
the phantom menace was awesome!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw
>>
>>63682499
/tv/: the post
>>
>>63682459
I unironically believe the prequels are good
>>
>>63683153
nice strawman /pol/

(literally the only way pol ever wins arguments, and then only against themselves)
>>
>>63683087
Somehow that video makes me sad.
>>
>>63683111
Because its an easy way for them to dictate the discussion.
>>
>>63682459
Didn't read lol
>>
>>63682788
RLM was always absolute shit and any threads you saw were straight up advertising.
>>
>>63683051
If you had half a brain, you'd realize that all of the "SJW"/gender/race crap bledover from fucking /v/, because they have a hardon for such a thing.

More cartoon stuff bleed over also due to /v/. You'd see this started mostly in 2014; more accidental /v/ crossposting, more intentional crossposting, more "what if __ was a movie" or "warcraft/etc" that are coming up.

/sp/ moved in here in 2012; as early as 2011ish due to Big Brother threads "outlawed" due to "poor mean /sp/ mods" that numerous posted have admitted (back then, not now, before revisionist history newfriends attempt to dissuade), and never left. They use memes to the extreme;, this is their Facebook, they don't care if they piss and shit in the same place they eat.

That's why you see half of this board is spam, also the moderation simply cannot keep up with the massive amount of spam unless you actually send reports. Even then, there seems to be some sort of favoritism with this "fourth round" of moderation (for /tv/, since its inception). They delete shit that should be deleted asap (cunny shit, shrek/just/bane [which took forever for them to get on too, the latter memes]), but some things take an awfully long time to delete, like /sp/ blacked threads.

Stay new.
>>
>>63683051
>surprised that one of the boards with the most shitposting has shitposters

But come on guys it's totally /pol/
>>
>>63682667
TPM got rave reviews too.
>>
>>63682459
>/tv/ has already gone full circle and says "we want Lucas back"
This >>63682479 is the first I've seen of anything like that. Dumb frogposter.
>>
File: 1400983349598.gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
1400983349598.gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>63683191
>I'll try calling him /pol/ again that's a good trick
>>
>>63682667
None of those people would write a negative review of the movie. they don't want to burn bridges and damage relationships.

Capitalism is a circlejerk
>>
>>63683116
Ep I was good. Ep II and III were shit because the story never developed properly and it all seemed patchy plus Hayden Christensen's depressing acting.

I think it was fair for TPM to receive positive reviews. Unfortunately it's grouped together with the rest of the trilogy so people forget how good it actually was. Also 9-11 happened between Ep I and II, and people became a lot more cynical which also affected the reviews.
>>
>>63683087
lol groupthink and delusion
>>
File: plinkett btfo.jpg (81 KB, 538x1486) Image search: [Google]
plinkett btfo.jpg
81 KB, 538x1486
>>63682459
I'd rather have Georgie delight us with another unintentionally hilarious and quotable trainwreck that scars Star Wars fans for life and makes them obsess over it for 10 years than a plastified mediocre Disney rehash tbqh.
>>
>>63683365
Just like what's going to happen with TFA.
>>
>>63682565
Do people honestly believe this meme theory from reddit?
>>
>>63683023

There's still a gag until release. That's not how critics work, you fucking retard.
>>
>4chan users thinking their opinions actually matter
>>
>>63683401
Would've redeemed the disaster that was TPM
>>
>>63683023
>the media is impartial
>the entertainment media carefully separates its interests from the entertainment industry as a whole

haha good one
>>
>>63683320

Yeah it's 9/11 let's blame that...
>>
>>63683440
Yeah but Lucas definitely didn't come up with it so it doesn't matter.
>>
Cast is shit, director's shit, the leaked script is shit, so the consensus is that it's going to be shit. Everything else is memeing.
>>
>>63683422
So where are all those reviews coming from? Are they made up?
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER to downvote the movie into oblivion on all major review sites. spread this
>>
>>63683859
Yes I'm sure the 15 users of /tv/ will have a massive impact on ratings.
>>
lucas may be retarded but at least he has a soul
>>
I just want to say that i actually liked the prequels. Maybe episode 1 and 2 are kinda boring, but i don't think they are that bad as everybody says. Episode 3 was actually kinda a good movie in my opinion.

Maybe it's because i am 20 years old and grew up with this movies, but though i want to give the new movie a chance, and i'm sure it won't be as bad as the most say.
>>
>>63682459
/v/edditors like you OP and the fags who are shitposting memeposters on /tv/

along with /sp/, cancer
>>
lucas should have never dropped the jar jar binks storyline
>>
>>63682459
cuck desu senpai baka
>>
>>63684030
The prequels are souless, that's the main problem, you fucktard.
>>
>>63682459
at least the preqs didnt have black or female lead characters
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.