[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeing it next week. How were the fights, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
Seeing it next week. How were the fights, /tv/?
>>
terrible
>>
incredible
>>
Honestly? Underwhelming. After the meh OT fights and the acrobatics of the PT fights.... these were just black. I was disappointed. :\
>>
a lot of sound and fury that leads to nothing
>>
>>63681619
Did they lean more towards OT or the prequels? I'm guessing OT because none of these idiots are properly trained with a saber, right?
>>
>>63681668
Sorry, I meant to type "blah", not "black".

OT, but no. Nobody is trained. Even Luke was never actually trained to wield a lightsaber in the OT.
>>
>>63681529
the fights inn prequels had more flair, say what you want about Lucas at least he knows how to make fantasy

This one looked like Star Trek the whole time I was waiting for Benedict to drop in and say something stupid like "muh people"
>>
>>63681715

In the OT the saber combat direction was that of classical European fencing (not that horseshit with the white suits and cage helmets). The guy under the vader suit during the saber fight on the death star was actually the choreographer.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 980x1436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 980x1436
>>63681715
Right, and Ben and Vader were either geriatric or had a crane for half their limbs. Not much there for acrobatics.

I'm hoping we get an old republic movie of some kind down the line. Whether it be an original plot or an adaptation of KOTOR 2.... It's shallow, but I wanna see the flippy shit
>>
File: 1449781660145.jpg (78 KB, 1280x627) Image search: [Google]
1449781660145.jpg
78 KB, 1280x627
>>63681893
>tfw no young Kriea movie
>>
>>63681981
>no Jedi civil war movie
>>
>>63681893

was it ever explained in kotor 2 where the fuck kreia came from? How she knew like ALL the people involved?

I've beaten the game 5+ times and by the end she seems really tacked on, has no connection to the world like she actually came outta nowhere

A force user like that she would have been known all over the galaxy
>>
>>63682349
I want fem revan to fuck jesus exile
>>
>>63681818
kendo
>>
>>63682466
it was not in the game.She knew all the people because she was either their teacher or a co worker at one point or another
>>
>>63682466

She trained a lot of jedi, and was also a historian.
>>
>>63682466
+ in EU books its implied she was a powerful seer and that sion was her son
>>
File: Daily Bugle Face.jpg (1 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
Daily Bugle Face.jpg
1 KB, 195x195
>>63681575
>>63681610
never change /tv/
>>
>>63682466
the part about her being their teacher or a co worker was in the game, you can unlock all her backstory on ebon hawk if you have influence and enough levels/progress
>>
Do The Raid guys actually do anything in the movie? They haven't been in any of the trailers. The only promotional material I've seen of them was that book with a bunch of spoilery shit in it.
>>
>>63682466
Problem with KOTOR 2 was that it was rushed out before they were done with it. A lot was left on the cutting room floor. Kreia was the Handmaiden's mother .

She had seen both sides of the spectrum and realized that it was this big circle jerk of never ending sadness. Jedi will always love their power a little too much and some will become Sith as a result. All the self control in the world can't prevent that. Sith will always be over confident (and self-defeating as a result) because they love their power a little too much. Rise. Repeat. Kreia was right to destroy the Force. She literally did nothing wrong.

No wonder Lucas hated KOTOR 2 so much. It totally called bullshit on his whole mythology.
>>
File: exxd.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
exxd.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>63682679
>>
>>63682466
I could've sworn that it was because she was some cross between Nostradamus and a Sith Lord, but I'm sure it's explained better elsewhere. I have yet to play the game with the cut content mod, so it might be touched upon in that. Might do a playthrough to prepare for TFA.
>>
>>63682349
meh I'm ok without that.

I'd rather have a Mandalorian War movie or an Exar Kun war movie or a Great Hyperspace war movie. Any of that shit they mentioned in Kotor could have been great.

Instead we get JJ shitting out yet another remake disguised as a sequel.
>>
>>63682720
>>
File: Redditwarden.png (157 KB, 556x362) Image search: [Google]
Redditwarden.png
157 KB, 556x362
>>63682720
Fuck off Reddit.
>>
>>63681981

>tfw you thought her suffering "indignities" sounded pretty hot
>>
>>63682541

I'm still mad how Old Republic absolutely ruined the Exile beyond belief
>>
>>63682713
>Kreia was the Handmaiden's mother
no thats an outright lie. they are not even same species.
>Problem with KOTOR 2 was that it was rushed out before they were done with it.
even without the rush the game would still have some weak points (better than others but not perfect by a long shot)
>Kreia was right to destroy the Force. She literally did nothing wrong.
the force is like the air, even in the game you feel your life would be hollow without it.
>>
This move looks FRIGGIN amazing! Can't wait bros!
>>
>>63682816
>no thats an outright lie. they are not even same species.

A lot of Kreia says is actually in line with Echani beliefs.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 236x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 236x306
Remember the "Kylo Ren is Revan" fan theory?

God that would've been incredible
>>
>>63682816
>no thats an outright lie. they are not even same species.

It's hinted at like a million times.
>>
Why would they kill of Han?
>>
>>63682872
It wasn't a theory it was just a criticism that JJ was yet again ripping off an old franchise for his dumb remake.
>>
>>63682723
>Great Hyperspace
Great Hyperspace is too samurai.
>Exar Kun
Exar Kun was always too OP and too cartoonishly evil in his ghost years.I could also go a lifetime without ulic qel-droma's faggotry making it to screen.
>>
>>63682942
He was supposed to die in 6.

Harrison Ford hates the character, and wanted to have his story end. even back then.
>>
>>63682942
the question is why would they kill him off so ineptly?

because they wanted to leave the option open for Harrison Ford to be in more movies, so they couldn't build the climax of the movie around him going out in style, that's why.
>>
>>63682942
Because Kasdan and Harrison Ford are cunts whose ideas of good writing is being edgy as possible, which is where you get ideas like jedi being wiped out again and Luke now living like Obi-Wan Kenobi.
>>
>>63682721
>I have yet to play the game with the cut content mod

I'm actually playing it with the restored content mod right now and everything is the fucking same except some items I never saw before

restored content my ass
>>
Can't wait to spoil the movie for people
>>
>>63682815
I tuned out once they went with female Exile since the jesus look was too perfect for me. Then I read Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan and took comfort in knowing I jumped off the sinking ship early.seriously did some korean rpg maker made the mmo story? stuck as a barrier maiden for 1000s of years was the best they could come up with?
>>
>>63683011
>everything is the fucking same except some items I never saw before
>everything is the fucking same
>except some items I never saw before
>the fucking same
>I never saw before

anon.
>>
>>63682926
name one
>>63682845
Echani beliefs are not exclusive to Echani.Kreia was not Echani and even if she had been that would not make her Handmaiden's mom
>>
>>63683011
Isn't there a new planet or something? And like they retcon a death?

>they literally killed off a character because of time constraints
>>
>>63682942
he hates us all and wants off the ride
>>
>>63683011
well I know for a fact they added the HK factory so at least that plot finally goes somewhere.
>>
>>63683011
pick up a guide or something.being a casual won't land you max content (its also possible that in your faggotry you installed it wrong)
>>
>>63683082
thats why "except" is in there, that is its function.
>>
>tfw you realize there'll never be EXTREME GYMNAST FLIP BATTLE lightsaber fights again
>tfw you don't know what you've got till its gone
>>
>>63683115
there is no planet(it looked faggy anyway) the droid factory is back and you get hk-47 mission where you can kill all copies or get an army of hk-51 ones. on the dark side path you can also start a sith academy on onderon (nothing comes of it but few lines of conversation) and other small stuff like that
>>
>>63683115
the 4th master that was on korriban gets resurrected and even has a padawan that falls to the dark side if you kill the master. it was restored and then cut again
>>
>>63683285
>Implying luke won't pull an ep 2-3 yoda and turn into a final boss

Please
>>
>>63683102
>Handmaiden's mother supposedly mother died in the Mandalorian Wars
>Kriea supposedly died in the Mandalorian Wars
>Handmaiden's mother taught Revan
>Kriea taught Revan
>before Revan turned he went to Handmaiden's mother one last time
>before Revan turned Kriea says he spoke with 'her' one last time
>Handmaiden is the bastard daughter of an Echani General with a woman that wasn't his wife she looks like her mother, unlike her half sisters who all look like the Echani general
>>
File: Whut Up Reddit.jpg (929 KB, 2205x2319) Image search: [Google]
Whut Up Reddit.jpg
929 KB, 2205x2319
>>63682720
>>
File: img-31.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
img-31.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>63683744
and Kriea's face model is just an old version of Handmaiden's
>>
>>63682598

No, it's not based no kendo; now go fuck off.
>>
>>63682466
She was a historian and a Jedi master, trained Revan too

If that's what your asking
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.