[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First review is up: http://www.indiewire.com/article/re vie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (167 KB, 691x1024) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
167 KB, 691x1024
First review is up:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/review-the-hateful-eight-proves-quentin-tarantino-can-get-away-with-anything-20151215

>While "The Hateful Eight" meanders, it never drags. Tarantino has ostensibly constructed a slow-burn whodunit sped up by the vivacity of his characters.

>No matter how absorbing its individual scenes, however, "The Hateful Eight" is often hindered by Tarantino's confidence in the material.

>For every gripping sequence, there's an abrupt development or undercooked throwaway line. Crude behavior and blunt twists drown out the subtleties of Tarantino's filmmaking prowess. The inanity of the violence in the closing scenes overtakes the work's deeper ramifications and reduces its appeal, turning a complex portrait of attitudes into a simpler one of rage.

>The grim finality of the movie's concluding shot ranks as the most cynical moment in Tarantino's career. But it's a less savvy punchline than a punch to the gut.
>>
>>63679464
>reading reviews before seeing the movie
>implying you dont work for indiewire
kill thyself
>>
>>63679464
>The grim finality of the movie's concluding shot ranks as the most cynical moment in Tarantino's career
I'm going to guess it's like the end of Death Proof but the "good guy" in place of Russel, in fact since he's in it maybe he's the one dealing it this time. I haven't seen a trailer for this and I actually want to watch it blind but to me that's what it sounds like.
>>
Did the black cock scene happen?
>>
>>63679464

Are there any other examples of directors who work gets less mature as they get older?
>>
>>63679708
Spielburg
Lucas
Michael Bay
Sofia Coppola
Polanski
>>
>>63679594
Yes, in a way.

People who pay to see anything that hack makes suck cock.
>>
>>63679708
Less mature? You mean they regressing into making bad movies? PTA
>>
>>63679952
Scorsese
Ridley Scott
James Cameron
etc. pp.

They basically all become shit the older they get.
>>
>>63680108
PTA was making juvenile fanboy trash from the very start.
>>
>>63679952
Spielberg can be pretty schmaltzy but his movies are fairly mature, especially compared to his blockbuster days
>>
>Tarantino
>subtleties

lamo has this person ever seen his movies?
>>
>>63680108
>the PTA is now bad meme
>>
>>63679708
Wes Anderson

Sam Peckingpah
>>
>>63680444
PTA's quality was only ever a IMDB generation meme.
>>
>>63679563
Everyone dies
>>
Is there still the negro dick sucking in the snow thing?
>>
>>63679952
>>63680133
>>63680498

Why the fuck does this happen? Why do so many directors get worse as they get older?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.