[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally the only reason The Wire has a lower rating than a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.jpg (50 KB, 457x400) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
50 KB, 457x400
Literally the only reason The Wire has a lower rating than a Game of Thrones on IMDB.

Take children out of the equation and The Wire is the greatest TV show of all time.
>>
>>63679314
67 votes out of 172647 don't do shit
>>
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

The acting is great too. Dominic West and Idris Elba really do a great Baltimore accent.
>>
>>63679314
It would increase by 0.002
>>
File: 1448711863682.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1448711863682.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>63679348
>your country's education
>>
but sopranos is better than both of those
>>
>>63679384

Oh an allusion to the countless idiots who feel the need to point out the analogy he makes in the chess scene... great.

Season one was slow and had a few worthless episodes. Season three is where it really starts to be a meaningful critique of the war on drugs and how the state deals with areas like Baltimore.

But good point guy I like your post.
>>
>GoT is 9.5
>The Wire isn't 9.5 in any demographic

Weak bait
>>
>>63679314

- Amazon own IMDB
- Amazon sell Game of Thrones boxsets
- higher score on IMDB = Amazon make more money

all clear now Sherlock?
>>
>>63679314
>>63679458
retard
>>
Holy shit why would you even care about imdb ratings? It's literally pleb central, I don't see /v/ going to reddit and complaining about their taste in games.
>>
Frasier >the wire
>>
Seinfeld > anything else
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.