[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay now that the hype has died down can we be rational about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (126 KB, 1419x798) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
126 KB, 1419x798
Okay now that the hype has died down can we be rational about this movie please
>>
>>63676452
>very good action
>very good visuals
>story was straightforward at best, virtually nonexistant
>same with characters
>are we going to keep pretending anybody knew what the fuck was going on the entire time
>good soundtrack
>>
Pretty mediocre desu
>>
Fun but shallow movie.
But they don't make many fun movies nowadays, so there's that.
>>
As a film, very good.

As a movie, mediocre.

As a flick, excellent.

It's the middlebrow that can't appreciate it.
>>
>>63676452
>Okay now that the hype has died down

You had one job OP. The correct way to say this is "now that the dust has settled." We /meme/ here, keep up.
>>
File: tmp_1433187209424-1977826450.jpg (544 KB, 900x1333) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1433187209424-1977826450.jpg
544 KB, 900x1333
>>63676452
just another action flick, elevated by god tier visuals and brought back to earth by shit tier story and somewhat confused feminist shenanegins.
>>
>Fast cars and bikes everywhere.
>No one knows what's going on a couple of days' drive away.
>>
I'd really like to watch the black and white cut
>>
the biggest disappointment of 2015 for me besides the state of /tv/
>>
M E M E

MEMEMEMMEMEE

MEEEEEMEEEEE

MEME

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>this was nominated for a golden globe
>steve jobs wasn't
BRAVO HOLLYWOOD
>>
>>63676452
/tv/ can't be rational about anything.
>>
>>63676919
its crazy that an actual person typed this out and submitted it
>>
>>63676452

Sure

Movie was good

Tom Hardy was a shit Mad Max
>>
>>63676536
>are we going to keep pretending anybody knew what the fuck was going on the entire time
One of the things I liked most what that I knew EXACTLY what was going on the entire time unlike in most modern action movies. Also the story and some arc for the characters were there but it is not so much the story itself but the way it is told that made it awesome (no flashbacks, no prologue, little dialogue i.e. show don't tell).
>>
>>63676830
This.
>>
>>63676749
this
>>
>>63676749
The Crank effect, if you will.
>>
Absolutely loved it.
>>
Best action movie in the last decade, if not more.

Fun/10
>>
>>63676452
ITT: plebs

Moving up from the unfocused weirdness of Beyond Thunderdome into new heights of inspired madness, this innovative vision from a familiar apocalyptic wasteland retains the series's general outlines while also further reducing its titular hero to a mythical supporting character. Yet for all the implicit progressive politics and outsized metaphoric constructions, the film is most successful as a blunt expression of impassioned force, its strident stands on a variety of hot-button issues used as fuel to stoke a cacophonous combustion of energy and noise. Structured around the spectacle of a single extended chase sequence, it spins out a Keaton-esque carnival of dodgy practical effects, ingeniously tactile set pieces, and equivalently creative CG. Subtlety and contemplation have their place, but Fury Road scratches a different sort of atavistic itch, satisfying the compulsion for genuine awe and amazement so often neglected by modern tent poles, exhibiting its ultimate allegiance toward the viewer rather than the monolithic dictates of the brand.
>>
Watched it once and then again a month after
It was pretty boring the second time
Maybe I grew up and can't take these actionshit movies anymore
>>
>>63676536

I was agreing with you untill this point. I had no difficulty following the action on the screen the first time I watched it.
>>
>>63676925
>/tv/ is only rational when it agrees with me :)
fixed
>>
>>63676877
Miller says they might be bringing it back into theaters in 2016
>>
>>63676847
That's not surprising if you consider that there are other groups of people around. They only drove a few miles before meeting up with those guys who were supposed to trade for the truck. It's not hard to imagine that you couldn't just roll through other people's territory without getting into a war.
>>
>>63676919
If you pronounce it me...me then you are a fucking retard.
>>
>>63676452
It is the GOAT action movie and there is absolutely nothing anybody can do about it
>>
>>63677666
witnessed
>>
>>63676654
If you think this movie was shallow you weren't paying attention. There was so much world-building in the details.
>>
>>63676452
It's shite.

The people who purchased the Blu-Ray on Amazon have also purchased lube, dildos and chastity belts. Draw your own conclusions.

I'll draw them for you: if you enjoy this, you're a literal cückold.
>>
>>63680075
You're on a shitposting rampage. m8. Tone it down.
>>
>>63676452
I thought it was garbage.

Completed the shark jumping exercise that was thunderdome in turning a realistic dystopian future into pointless cartoon stupidity

none of the characters had any point, including the title character

the cars were just an exercise in seeing if they could out-silly previous attempts

the plotline to go back to the radioactive cancer pit that is killing everyone who lives there to create their edenic paradise was beneath even michael bay and jj abrams contempt
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.