[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Extras work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 0.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Going to be an extra. Got my first casting this week. Not in it to get famous, I'm doing it to get a bit more money. I know its not a lot but money is money.

Any other anons done extra work and got any advice?
>>
You have to stand out and be amazing to have a shot at the glamorous life of a movie star

If they tell you not to over-act, over-act. They're just jerks trying to hold you back. Make sure you're the STAR of the extras.
>>
>>63676332
Network with anyone who might help you land future jobs. Don't be annoying or opinionated.
>>
Make sure to dress as CIA
>>
>>63676332
>extra
>Not in it to get famous
The fact you even brought that up means you are.
Nobody will ever notice you. You will buy the show or movie on disc and show all your friends and family and even they couldn´t be bothered.
>>
I've been in quite a few big productions, film and tv.

What would you like to know?
>>
>>63676332

I've done it once for some unknown shit a long time ago. Pretty much nothing to do if it's a big scene with a crowd, they usually say you to walk in front of the camera so you walk as if there is no camera. Basically you just do what everyone else is doing, they give basic instructions. Any retard can do it, but I assume you don't have to be a fat neckbeard, they want decent-looking people.

Easiest €80 I ever made.
>>
>>63676406

This. My dad was an extra in a relatively big movie (they shot a couple of scenes in the town we lived in), the scenes he was in were eventually cut out.

But at least he made some dosh.
>>
>>63676375
Even if I plan to quit extras work in 1-2 years? Or in other work?
>>63676413
Just general stuff. What to do, what not to do, how to not get blacklisted, how to act around other extras when not on the set
>>
>>63676517
If you want to network, it's absolutely great. I do a bit of designing as a hobby, and ended up doing some commissioned work for a guys website, completely randomly. I also slept with one of the girls I met there.

As for in general, there's usually a LOT of downtime, so bringing a book/something to do is advised. Everyone there is in the some boat as you, and it's so easy to strike up conversations. Ask people about what other extra work they've done, you'll hear some cool stories. There's not much you can do to get on the wrong side of the background directors, just do what you're asked and make sure you're there when they need you.
>>
>>63676685
I am aware they may take my phone away so other than a book could I bring an ereader that doesn't have a camera? I get the feeling I may want to read more than one book but I don't want to bring a bookshelf's worth of books
>>
>>63676824
I've never had any problems with my phone, as long as its off/not on you during shooting it should be fine. Same with the e-reader, just be aware that you won't be able to keep an eye on it whilst you're filming.
>>
>>63677148
It's a cheap plastic ereader that I barely use since I got a tablet. While I wouldn't want to lose it, I wouldn't particularly care too much if it got lost or stolen. If there's as much downtime as you say then I could probably read through an entire book on the first day of shooting.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.