[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SO is he force sensitive or not???? Some say it's hinted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: finnx2x.jpg (66 KB, 640x372) Image search: [Google]
finnx2x.jpg
66 KB, 640x372
SO is he force sensitive or not????

Some say it's hinted at, while others say no.
IF not, how the hell is he taking on Kylo even for a second? Blocking and dodging his swings and shit? How is he taking on a stormtrooper trained in weapon combat?
>>
>>63676327
Kylo is blind. He loses both fights, Chewbacca saves him vs the trooper and the saber duel is over literally 2 seconds after the clip you mention from the trailer, he gets completely wrecked.
>>
>>63676626
>be cast in star wars
>be fresh young face of new series
>they don't even allow you to have jedi potential

Fuck id be pissed.
>>
>>63676327
Like I've been saying for fucking months, nothing in the movie states if he is or isn't force sensitive.

And truth is (probably), Disney has not decided. They are waiting for the public response to Finn before they continue writing his arc.
>>
>>63676327
why do people not understand that you don't have to be a jedi to physically pick up and swing a lightsaber
>>
>>63676327
everyone is force sensitive. Remember, medichlorians reside in all living cells.
>>
>>63676801
So if i just tossed you that saber, you would be dodging, parrying blows and countering like we have so far seen him do? No, you wouldnt make it past the first swing.

Yes im sure he loses all those fights, but the fact that he lasts as long as he did without training is a problem if he isnt force sensitive.
>>
>>63676807
everyone has the force, not everyone is sensitive to it
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 450x600
From the spoiler thread on Reddit:

>Someone in another thread claimed that Rey at the end of TFA is as powerful as Luke was at the end of the OT, despite her never having any Jedi training. Can you confirm?
>Pretty much. She was very proficient with the saber and pulled a few Force powers. She wasn't as agile though, no crazy flips and whatnot.
>So she basically achieved in one day, and without training, what takes other force users decades to do? Even Anakin, the chosen one, took years to reach that level. Not sure what kind of Hero's Journey Rey is gonna have if she's beating the shit out of the villain in the first movie.

So Rey is pretty much exactly what /tv/ was predicting she would be, except worse.
>>
>>63677017
Social Justice Wars confirmed
>>
>>63677017
She is the real chosen one
>>
Most black guys are Force sensitive. It's racist to say they're not. So Finn does what he has to do to get the girl.
>>
>>63677017
link the thread cunt
>>
FIND OUT IN STAR WARS 8: THE FORCE IS STILL WAKING UP
>>
>>63677105

She's like Luke but also has gurl force power +10, and that makes her about 7 times more powerful than Luke and Vader.
>>
black men are just more gifted than white bois in every physical activity :3 <3 ;)
>>
>>63676860
where the fuck does this 'force sensitive' bullshit come from. Everyone is 'force sensitive'. Some more so than others, thats why Luke said 'the force is strong in my family'. It's not like Harry Potter where you're born with it. Luke's ability to swing a laser sword had nothing to do with being force sensitive. It was his composure and ability to resist the temptation to turn to the dark side that really demonstrated his understanding of the force, the sword fighting is just there to tell the story in a visual way. Anyone can pick up a sword and learn how to use it. Lightsabers are just fucking swords in Star Wars.
>>
>>63677247
Here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/3wy9nv/official_ive_seen_the_force_awakens_megathread/cxzzoqc?context=3
>>
>>63676626
>Kylo is blind.

no he fucking isnt
>>
>>63676626
that doesn't make sense
He clearly is shown without a helmet and looking at something
>>
Dude he's in the promotional material so that black people watch the movie, the prominence is nothing to do with the plot.
>>
>>63677411
Why the fuck would you make the hero of your trilogy super powerful at the start!? If she's as good as Luke was, that means she's practically as powerful as Vader in the first fucking movie? I really don't care she's a chick. But making her powerful enough to completely kick the shit out of the villain in the first movie is horseshit.
>>
>>63676860
>countering like we have so far seen him do
He has done nothing that a normal human couldn't do with a regular sword.
>>
>>63677017
MARY SUE POWERS ACTIVATE.

KATNISS 2.0.exe

>we want the female audience, Disney executives
>>
>>63677499
Are you really that retarded? The point is not that he is doing something a human couldnt, the point is that he is doing somethings an untrained nobody who just picked a lightsaber shouldnt.

Pay a-fucking-tention before you answer reddit
>>
>>63676327
>how is he taking on a stormtrooper trained in weapon combat
>Finn was raised as a stormtrooper
I think you answered your own question mate
>>
>>63677540
>untrained nobody
It's been stated all First Order faggots are trained in hand to hand weapon.

Stop being such a butthurt nigger. WE WUZ NOT JEDIZ
>>
>>63677017
It's because she is the real chosen one. Windu was right when he said the prophecy was mistaken about Anakin. She already surpasses his skills. How incredible!!!
>>
File: Nigger Servant.jpg (44 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Nigger Servant.jpg
44 KB, 600x450
>>63677473

all these ignorant niggers lining up to give their money to Disney.

When Disney says pay up nigger! Niggers aks "How much Massa Disney?"
>>
>>63677017
So the rumors are true then
Star Wars plebs are redditers
>>
>>63677519
>not investing exclusively in the true male lead kylo ren
>not rooting for based driver to purge the galaxy of oogaboyega and daisy

come on now
>>
>>63677566
She has Skywalker blood in her.

This is what Yoda meant when he said "there is another".
>>
>>63677564
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>63677618
No, I prefer to you to be butthurt. Make sure to call JJ a racist for not giving you a black jedi.

kek
>>
>>63676801
But Jedi's might know where the other is going to strike. Fighting them in a saber duel is suicide for most.
>>
>>63677650
Didnt think so, concession accepted. Also you seem to lack reading comprehension severely. The thread is a complaint as to why finn is so capable. Not why arent they making him a jedi.

How retarded are you moron?
>>
>>63676801
Something something no weight because it's made of light something something sensing where lazer blasts will be
>>
>>63677715
No nigger main character Jedi. Maybe in Star Wars X bro.
>>
>>63677491
>Why the fuck would you make the hero of your trilogy super powerful at the start!?

She will be the Star Wars equivalent to Jean Grey. Hr powers are going to just keep growing and growing, until she finally loses her cool and loses total control and does something fucked. Either Luke himself, or a combined force of both the "good guys" and the "bad guys" will have to destroy her.

They are going to go full fucking Marvel with this. Id actually be kind of impressed. Other theory is, that will be Kylos "redemption scene", much like Vaders before him. Instead of throwing Papa Palps into the reactor, it will be "Dark Rey".

Fucking hell, my head hurts now.
>>
>>63677757
Do you even know the topic of discussion fool?
>>
File: 1448514977862.jpg (158 KB, 908x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448514977862.jpg
158 KB, 908x1000
Star Wars Episode 8 - Wake the Force Inside
>>
File: 144518478008.jpg (49 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
144518478008.jpg
49 KB, 250x238
Can blacks use the force? Serious question
>>
>>63677876
Aids.
>>
>>63676327
>how the hell is he taking on Kylo even for a second

he's not, Kylo sends his ass to coma
>>
>>63677840
Those are great theories that would actually fit quite well, and make for a very interesting story.

In other words, it won't happen. If you think they're going to turn the first big female lead into the villain you are fuh-cking fooling yourself.
>>
okay guys, here is a spoiler 100% legit from a crew member:

Kylo Ren was a fake name JJ trolled us the chacter is actually called Revan and Snoke (joke name) is Malak
>>
>>63677892
Samuel L. Jackson was on the Jedi Council senpai.
>>
>>63677892
They probably have to steal it
>>
>>63677892
yes, there's Windu and that black jedi from KOTOR
>>
>>63676327
he is but only when using a Purple lightsaber for some reason

i dunno what JJ meant by this???
>>
>>63677927
Well, if they were to SJW it up, then instead of full on killing her, itll be some shit like Kylo "absorbing all the evil force power out of her, destroying himself so his strong independannt sister who dont need no (white) man can live."

I guarantee this is where they are going. Itll be some shit like First Order kills a "multicultural refugee orphanage planet" or some shit, and she will snap and go full dark pheonix.
>>
>>63677017
So in one movie they are undermining the whole Jedi experience by having her magically be extremely powerful with no training. AND they are tainting the Skywalker blood line with her falling in love with the black dude. That guarantees the star of any follow up movies will be a mulatto. JJ you FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>63677919
yes he is. he sends him to a coma at the end of the fight. Even if the fight is a minute. its a minute to long. fuck off with that damage control
>>
>>63676327
I understand everything except the stormtrooper fight.

Finn IS a trained stormtrooper.
>>
>>63677840
>female protagonist in one of the biggest movie franchises in history

Do you honestly think they're going to make her turn evil? I'm not one of those /pol/ morons who sees "feminazi" conspiracies around every corner, but there is no way in hell the studio would allow that.
>>
>>63677017
reminds me of Dragonball Z, which became unwatchable for the same reasons
>>
>>63677491
>not expecting her to go dark
>not expecting her to lose her connection to the force
>not expecting her to recover her memory

JJ mined KOTOR / the EU heavily.
>>
>>63678764

that would be awful. Revan was the biggest Mary Sue ever, but nobody really minded because he/she was a video game character. That doesn't work for a character in a movie or book.
>>
>>63678868
Honestly I don't expect any of the mainline Star Wars movies to be any good. I'm more interested in the anthology stuff. Rogue One looks like it might deliver some decent action/tension. Maybe Rian Johnson can squeeze something out of the next one, but they are all pretty much guaranteed to be inoffensive box office smash hits people are content to just pass the time with, like all the Marvel movies.
>>
>>63677017
So she's fucking Gohan now? Luke was a better lead by far.
>>
>>63679295
>yfw donnie yen is in rogue one
>>
File: luuke.jpg (75 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
luuke.jpg
75 KB, 600x316
>>63677105
>>63677519
>>63677566
>>63677579
>>63678180
>it's okay when Luke does it.
>>
>>63677017

Some other Reddit thread theorizes she was mindwiped by her father, Luke, and actually WAS trained before that.. Judging from the little things that we know, this sounds rather plausible, though if Kylo really killed the whole jedi academy as that data book claims, it makes one wonder how he forgot about her, unless she was trained separately.
>>
>>63677017
ill be watching this movie with my dad on the 23rd, if this is true the evening will be disappointing, but at least ill get to see a large bald tattooed man fume over jj ruining his childhood franchise
>>
>>63677017
i fucking hate her jew hair
>>
>>63679498

One moment of clairvoyance in a spaceship =/= godlike lightsaber prowess
>>
>>63677017
You forgot the part where she gets BLACKED
>>
>>63679498
>Got knocked out by a single Tuskan Raider.
>Whined the entire first half of the movie.
>Almost got beat up by those two outlaws at Mos Eisley.
>"huuuur he was a Mary Ashe too!"
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.