[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were they thinking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Lex.png (554 KB, 809x567) Image search: [Google]
Lex.png
554 KB, 809x567
What were they thinking?
>>
reminder

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/09/batman-v-superman-jesse-eisenberg-zack-snyder-lex-luthor

Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is narcissistic, vengeful, and nothing like you’ve seen before. But, before the actor could dig his claws into the material, he was originally offered a much different role.

Speaking with the Los Angeles Times, director Zack Snyder wouldn’t reveal which character he had in mind for Eisenberg, only that “it was the exact opposite of Lex Luthor.” When the actor turned it down, he was then offered the “cooler” role
>>
jews have good agents
>>
>>67370922
>Jesse Eisenberg
so much edge
bring back cera
>>
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>67370948

>Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is narcissistic, vengeful, and nothing like you’ve seen before. But, before the actor could dig his claws into the material, he was originally offered a much different role.

>Speaking with the Los Angeles Times, director Zack Snyder revealed he originally had a much different character in mind for Eisenberg, “he would be annoying backrgound minor character until he would take superman's cape off at the end after he died. The cape is the very last thing — and then Eisenberg puts it on and says, 'Now I am Superman.' Surprise! The ultimate twist. 'Now I will go and kill Batman and I will rule the universe.'
>>
>>67371331
spoilers
>>
BOYS
>>
>What if we made Lex the Joker?

That's what they were thinking
>>
>>67370922
Self insert for nerdy kids
>>
Warners wanted a modern millionare so they simply hired the guy that played the head of Facebook.

Yet they kept him campy like Hackman while more sadistic then Ledger's Joker.

And since Zack Snyder is a way hetero dude and totally not gay, then they made him an effeminate sissy.
>>
>>67370922
i liked him
>>
Pasta incoming:

I think they're trying to do way too much with this film. I think they're trying too hard to go head-to-head with Marvel too quickly. The MCU spent years and multiple films building up the origin stories for each of their heroes before the first major crossovers. I think the people trying to kick-start this DCCU are trying to outdo Marvel despite this being a follow-up to what is widely considered to be a below-average superhero film.
I'm not a reader of comic books, so I'm writing this from my perspective as a film-lover who's ignorant of these wider universes. This trailer had some good parts that I really liked. But it also had some troubling signs. I have a bad feeling this film will end up sprawling in so many directions that it will be too convoluted and leave the DCCU stillborn. It seems to be trying to:

- Be a sequel to Man of Steel
- Be an introduction for a DCCU Batman that has existing in-universe history/established origin story (which we haven't seen)
Be a crossover confrontation between two of DC's major superheroes
- Be an introduction and crossover confrontation between other major DC superheroes (Wonder Woman, possibly more)
>>
Remember everyone defending the casting choices of this movie when they were announced? They're pretty fucking quiet now.
>>
>>67371802
>Yet they kept him campy like Hackman while more sadistic then Ledger's Joker.

Trying to combine Luthor and Joker is retarded. They might both be crazy, but they are different types of crazy. Luthor always has an objective. He might go about reaching that objective in a psychotic way, but there's always a goal. Joker is crazy because he's genuinely disturbed. He just enjoys being crazy.

>>67372259

What? Affleck as Batman, Eisenberg as Luthor, and Gadot as Wonder Woman were all criticized heavily from the moment they were announced. People eventually became apathetic with the choices and realized there was nothing they could do to change it. It became:

>Affleck is a terrible actor, but at least he's got the right build for Batman
>Eisenberg as a young Luthor sort of makes sense. The young Luthor would be neurotic and overly anxious before he grew up and got shit shit together, right?
>Gadot is a Jew
>>
jar of piss
a
r

o
f

p
i
s
s
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.