[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YFW Hanzee isn't Mr. Tripoli, rather it's the identity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: hanzeeisnttripoli.jpg (58 KB, 728x350) Image search: [Google]
hanzeeisnttripoli.jpg
58 KB, 728x350
YFW Hanzee isn't Mr. Tripoli, rather it's the identity assumed by his underling who he "puts in charge" of his mafia. Hanzee will rule from the shadows and in season 3 we'll see Wrench who is one of the only people who still knows Hanzee is the actual boss, reporting to him, probably as a reveal at the end of episode 3.02
>>
Nope. Hanzee is Tripoli and Noah literally pulled that hack writing off in what has been a stellar season until it half-assed this point. All you say is nothing more than speculation and there is more evidence to suggest he is Tripoli than there isn't.

It's not even an "at least you tried" tier of writing which I can at least respect. It is just flat out terrible and nonsensical. An otherwise strong characters arc is thrown down the drain because the writers couldn't be bothered to give him an appropriate ending and they feel that the more connections to season 1 somehow makes this season better.

There's no need to defend this, or to delude yourself in the process towards theories that don't have any basis. It's ok to be upset at this poor writing.
>>
>>63671119
That's what I'm hoping OP... since I jsut can't see Hanzee ever becoming complacent in life. But then again all that power, could make him softer in later years.

Still, even Zahn (Hanzee's actor) was interviewed for the finale and said that he was told that he is the mob boss from S1. But I'm hoping it's a deflection and Wrench will meet with the true Hanzee in S3
>>
>>63671338
According to that theory he would technically still be the mob boss and the fat Italian we see gunned down in season 1 could be his fall guy
>>
does that make bears son malvo. i forgot crippled hands name
>>
>>63671421
Well, they just pulled the Hanzee=Tripoli shit, Charlie=Malvo is all likely at this point.
>>
>>63671421
Josh Blue
>>
>>63671119
They don't look remotely like each other
>>
>>63671382
Yeah true, so Im hoping he knows a bit more than letting on.

Even though this end for his character fits for Fargo, I just want the theories to be true haha
>>
why did hanzee want to take down kansas city
they have literally done nothing to him other than kill all the people he tried to kill anyway
>>
>>63671525

Who the fuck knows, the last episode was probably written in an afternoon
>>
>>63671254
>An otherwise strong characters arc is thrown down the drain because the writers couldn't be bothered to give him an appropriate ending

It's an homage to Coen movies
>>
>>63671525
That did confuse me as well, they were against the Gerhardts, and now they're wiped out (aside from Charlie and Dodd's girls). I thought him being "tired of this life" meant all the crime and death...

Hopefully S3 will shed some light on this.
>>
>>63671636
>Season 3 features flashbacks to Wrench and Number's childhood with Hanzee
>>
File: bear the best.jpg (565 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
bear the best.jpg
565 KB, 2000x2000
Also, loved the opening scene with all the Gerhardts, even though I was BTFO since I wanted to believe that Bear spared Simone.

Bear does what needs to be done.
>>
>>63671685
one thing though, even though it wasn't really said outright, but I'm wondering if Wrench and Numbers aren't brothers.

Adam Goldberg confirmed in an old interview that he and Wrench were told to be lovers by the writers, but they had no time to establish that in the story.

Maybe they were just some wayward kids that Hanzee brought under his wing.
>>
File: 1386878192587.jpg (205 KB, 899x650) Image search: [Google]
1386878192587.jpg
205 KB, 899x650
Loving how all those posters shitting on season 1 of fargo got BTFO after witnessing the remaining few episodes of season 2.

Don't get me wrong, season 2 was great but don't pretend for a second that it eclipses season 1.

>aliens
>>
>>63671745
Well they obviously knew each other as kids, so brothers or not, they fostered together.
Wrench will likely come back plenty of time to flesh it out
>>
>>63671771
Yeah, it was a great little callback for S1 that I didn't expect. I'm feeling a bit more confident now about S3 and it being set a few years after S1.
>>
>>63671759
this tbch, season 2 was great but last 2 episodes where really not that great
>>
>>63671759

This, I thought season 2 was better until the past 2 episodes.
>>
>>63671119
>>63671338
Who is this Wrench you keep talking about? And who is the guy Hanzee talks to at the end of s2e10? I'm bad with faces.
>>
>>63671698
I thought daddy Gerhardt died from a stroke?
>>
>>63672626
Wrench was the deaf henchman from S1 along with Numbers his partner. Last night we saw them as kids, so that ties them with Hanzee/Tripoli.
>>
>>63672705
Oh right. How did he die in season 1? And Numbers? It's been too long and my memory is shit.
>>
>>63672702
Nah remember he was still alive, but then KC's shootout at the Gerhardt's home was what got Otto killed finally.
>>
>>63671759
They're both equally terrible and deserve to be shit on.
>>
>>63672729
Wrench didn't die in S1 he escaped after the hospital scene with Malvo. Numbers had his throat slit by Malvo during the snowstorm shootout.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.