[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predictions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: forceawakens.jpg (1 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
forceawakens.jpg
1 MB, 1458x2160
>80%+ on Rotten Tomatoes
>"It's just set up, we need to see the rest of the trilogy"
>"Who cares if the plot isn't so great, it's fun"
>"At least it's not the prequels"
>There will be a few high profile detractors, /tv/ will mock it
>Eventually as the other films all come out and they're marvelized garbage people will begin to turn on the films

Bravo Disney
>>
>>63669834
-JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF AND ENJOY BRO
>>
>>63669834
http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-new-rumor-intellectual-thread-of-seriousness-for-sophisticated-discourse.50024907/page-2522#post-52962119 PLOT SOUND LIKE JESSICA JONES WILL NOT WATCH
>>
at least lucas didnt direct it,
remember jar jar?
>>
>>63669834
I am CALLING you fuckers will meme a meaningless scene in the film, even just a four second character dialogue of "oh hey can I get some Bantha milk" "sure senpai" or some garbage like that, and it will develop a semi-similar following as Baneposting.
>>
Be real. None of the Star Wars movies are that great. It's all just fun and nostalgia.
>>
>>63669834
It should probably only deserve 65%, but SJW publications will bump it to 80% because "muh diversity"
>>
>>63669900

I'm okay with this as a movie philosophy, as I'm a working man and the only thing I have to keep myself sane outside of 9-5 is meth is movies.

I still want the film to be good though, even if it's simple. Which isn't an easy thing to ask of a director. direction.
>>
>>63670214
>but SJW publications will bump it to 80% because "muh diversity"

I'm guessing it'll end up settle more around the 97-98% area.

I mean shit, even the new Mad Max is at 97%. It's fucking ridiculous. Normalfags have shit taste.
>>
>>63669834
>Eventually as the other films all come out and they're marvelized garbage people will begin to turn on the films
But the mass market has yet to do that with the actual marvel films.
>>
>>63670214
I agree with this, same reason why the revenant is in the low 80s because it's too masculine for some cucks. You need to tack on 10-15 points in either to the RT score depending on what the PC status of the film is.

Like Creed is more of a high 70s movie, but gets thrown up to 93% because it's got black leads
>>
I can 100% guarantee that the internet will do a 180° on the prequels after seriously deconstructing the new movies.

It won't happen after TFA, but you'll see the seeds of " The prequels weren't THAT bad," planted after episode 8.

By the time 9 is out on DVD, pop-culture will have grown to accept the prequels.
>>
>>63670394
Lucas pls
>>
>>63670172
None are kino, sure, but there's a difference between an entertaining blockbuster and corporatized shit thrown together on a whim.
>>
>>63670394
The internet is already doing that. The ones writing the articles were children when the prequels came out and now they feel the need to justify why they didn't hate it at the time.
>>
Only manchildren will watch Star Cucks : The Cuck awakens
>>
>>63670566
and every nu-nerd.
>>
How angry will fanboys be when they find out their beloved Han was brought back just to be killed by an emo vader-wannabe after 20 minutes of screen time? I predict mass shootings.
>>
>>63670394
It's already happening
>>
>>63669834
I predict severe Star Cuck butthurt once they realize what a turd this film is
>>
MY BABY GIRL
Y

B
A
B
Y

G
I
R
L
>>
Finn and Rey wind up being the Han and Luke of the series.

The force awakens in Finn.

They have a baby who is also force.

pottery
>>
>>63671019
they have a baby through force
>>
>my baby girl

Can we just get Lucas back please?
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER to downvote the movie into oblivion on all major review sites. spread this
>>
>>63669834
What are the spoilers? I know i'm going to get a bunch of Fin shitposting, but i gotta know.
>>
>>63669834
I predict shitty one liner jokes every 2 minutes. Just like all of the marvel capeshit movies nowadays
>>
>>63671171
Luke says "My Baby Girl" near the end of the movie. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>63669834
Seems pretty accurate
>>
>Finn knocks up Rey
>Rey has baby
>Finn leaves her
>Single mom jedi
>Dyes hair pink and blue
>>
>>63671203
that sounds fucking stupid
>>
>>63669834
90+
>>
>>6366983

I feel bad for that cancer kid who wanted to see this movie as his last wish.

His final thoughts must have been something along the lines of "Wow, it really is just a dumb kid's movie with laser swords and shit. Why the fuck did I care so much to see this as my dying wish?"
>>
Have some shilling.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/15/star-wars-the-force-awakens-first-reactions-suggest-overwhelming-experience
>>
>>63671075
>>63670984
what's going on here?
>>
>>63670086

It's confrimed there is kukery so we'll be memeing that.

I commend Abrams for only implying kukery until the last second. /tv/ is going to be a shitstorm tomorrow when it premieres in the UK.
>>
>>63670394

That's already been going on for a while.
>>
>nobody in this thread has seen it yet
>already talking about when the public will realize it's shit
Pls /tv/
Give a chance
>>
everyone here realises that the darth jar jar thing isn't just a joke, right
>>
>>63669834
All these is very plausible and I can see it happening, except for the part of the people turning to films.
>>
>>63671599

The entire plot has leaked now m8. It's as ropey as the prequels
>>
File: 1448735562815.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1448735562815.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>everyone is saying it's great
>come to /tv/
>>
>>63671536
Damn bro. Imagine that shit. I bet he died wishing he had just asked to meet John Cena.
>>
>>63671670

>The media is shilling for a huge movie.
>It must be good!

/tv/ is dumber than /v/ I see.
>>
>>63671670
>everyone
Sure plebs does know about good taste. You seem to be one of them, are you lost?
>>
The meme potential of this trilogy is endless, my word.

The last shot of Episode IX is going to be Rey and Finn with their new caramel baby.

They are really going to force the racemixing angle after the backlash from this one. Gonna be fucking memey m8s.
I predict Ep IX will be nothing more than a "fuck you" to any and every Conservative sentiment.

Will genuiinely be surprised if we go a full three movies without a reference to BBC.
>>
>>63671670
Wait until they actually see it and get to talk about the actual movie.
For now it's shitpost central
>>
>>63669834
Anyone can honestly say how the movie is? In a thread someone said reddit hated it but I went to r/starwars and I saw a thread with twitter reviews from critics. They didn't say it was bad at all, but can't trust since reddit has shit taste. Is it shit or is it ok? I already know that it's not going to be great.
>>
>>63671842

Are you implying we're going to do anything but shitpost after the movie comes out?

I've never even seen The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
I think it will be given a totally lukewarm reception, which is probably even worse for its business and legacy than the ridicule the prequels attracted. Star Wars will be just another generic blockbuster franchise by the time it's done.
>>
>>63671693
He wouldn't have seen him.
>>
>>63671599
The plot leaked months ago and has been confirmed accurate at this point
>>
>>63671791
You'll see it regardless of whether or not it's actually in the movie or not because you weirdos see it in fucking everything.
>>
>>63671439
cmon laqueesha junya we gon live with yo gran pappy
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.