[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This picture proves to me that SW TFA will be disappoint. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: love sand.jpg (106 KB, 910x616) Image search: [Google]
love sand.jpg
106 KB, 910x616
This picture proves to me that SW TFA will be disappoint.
I'm very doubtful JJ would not have half as much soul into capturing the intricate vibrancy of saber fighting like this one.

Seems to me that the director and Disney have spent half the time looking a all the worldly items made in China and deliberating where to put "Star Wars' on the product box.

Instead all I see are recycled xwings and skeleton celebrities whom have had 10,000 faps since the last outing in the skins of their original characters.
>>
They should hire professional sword fighters to act, like in Jackie Chan films
>>
Anyone got a link to the video of the lightsaber fight from episode 1 where it's showing how they're constantly blocking and dodging strikes that would have missed anyway?
>>
Why does Anakin look so manly next to Obi-Wan here?

What is this mysterious masculine power radiated by black leather?
>>
>>63669784
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
>>
>>63669786
>powerful pose, arms up and chest out
>strong support
>solid thighs
>black leather
>unaffected stern facial expression
>>
You say that like the fight scenes in the prequels were good.
>>
Real swordfighting is boring.
A good swordman moves only the minimum necessary amount, no flashy twists, no twirls, no jumps, just well aimed strikes.
>>
>>63669761
Didn't they hire the team that did The Raid for this? at least the choreography should be goat
>>
>>63670570
TPM is pretty good

AOTC is the worst no contest in that regard

Most of ROTS is bad too until the Obi/Ani fight which has a few good moments
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER to downvote the movie into oblivion on all major review sites. spread this
>>
>>63669703
>lightsaberfights are VERY IMPORTANT

kids these days...
>>
>there are idiots who think that long, drawn-out, and boring saber fight in RotS was good
>>
>oh no my laser sword wielding space wizard fight doesn't look realistic and is too flashy
>>
>>63670525
if only anything like that had been in the movies
>>
>>63672037
>>63670596
The problem is when you introduce near-weightless brightly shining melee weapons that can cut just about anything, shit should evolve to a level that could be impressive to watch.

But, of course, they choose to generate some bullshit about how they're actually extremely heavy and unwieldy so giant metal slab sword fighting rules could be employed.
>>
At this point I'm starting to think the author of these threads is the same guy who made >>63670474, because its the automatic reply to any praise of the prequel lightsaber fights.
>>
>>63669703
Trained Jedi vs. Kids who found a laser sword.

It shouldn't look fancy.
>>
>>63672215
You're right. Basically everyone who so much as looks at a light saber in TFA should lose a limb at one point due to their own lack of experience with laser swords.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.