[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Expanse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: edxpasdfgj.jpg (39 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
edxpasdfgj.jpg
39 KB, 620x465
>Episode 1 on YT
>Episodes 3 & 4 on kat
>No episode 2
wat
>>
Fingers crossed it's as good as BSG.
>>
yeah, I can't episode 2 anywhere either wtf
>>
Where is this fucking episode?
>>
>>63668649

Looking at wikipedia it's proper air date is today, so somehow 3 and 4 got leaked but 2 didn't.

Poor form.
>>
>>63668844
yea it seems these were HDTV broadcasted somewhere over the air?
anyone seen quotes about the source of 3 & 4
they have syfy logo on them
>>
>>63668649
>>63668698

>Sound in space.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>63668649

Episode 4 reminded me a lot of Space Above and Beyond, it was fucking awesome and overall felt a lot better about it than BSG, but unfortunately

The people stirring up the shit between various human factions are not OPA, the guy that got killed had a self-sealing suit like a synthetic, I think we're getting humans vs cylons 2.0
>>
was episode 1 a double episode 1&2 or nah?
>>
>>63668844

its*

dumb motherfucker
>>
>>63670654

I didn't think so since it was like 44 minutes but maybe it was 60+ and I didn't notice

episode 4, if anyone hasn't seen it yet, go watch that shit
>>
>>63670673

Bad day, anon?
>>
>>63670468
>Space Above and Beyond

holy fuck I loved that show
>>
I started reading the books, they're pretty great. The writer did a lot of research to make it as hard sci-fi as possible, realistic futuretech and all that.
>>
>>63668649
Books are fun. First episode is pretty close to that but Holden too young and prettty bad actor, not railguns but missiles wtf?
>>
File: Space.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Space.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>63670710

I was like I can guess who is going to show up
>>
>>63671024

>Wang

heh heh heh
>>
Episode 2 airs tonight?
>>
File: Fuckingchigsbrah.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fuckingchigsbrah.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
>>63671085

show was so on the nose, if I ever get anything published, I will name my asian guy, wang.
>>
>>63671024
>>63671085
that's the episode on mars where they find an old probe that plays blitzkrieg bop and Wang mistook the ramones for pink floyd
>>
>>63671128

yeah but 3 and 4 are already online

im still going to watch, just because out of all the new shows, it has passed everything else even boringhoods end
>>
I have to say that the first episode was pretty stellar and follows the books closely(except for Earth P.O.V). Had opinions about the actor playing Holden, but he acts older than I feared.

Since I've all the books and every novella I'm going to hunker down and watch the 3rd and 4th in glorious HD now, brb
>>
>>63670468

Kekburlol, you haven't read the books
>>
>>63671816

Not at all so what did I miss, and can you put it in spoilers?
>>
>>63671844
not that guy but they're actually a great and fun read
also the first book's story comes from the two authors D&D group with George RR Martin
>>
>>63671844

I am that guy, and I really hate spoiling stuff. There's probably a lot of stuff online if you want to get spoiled about it.

Though I recommend just watching and enjoying the show or reading the books. I just started watching the 3rd episode so I can't comment directly on what you saw but usually humans are their own worst enemy.
>>
>>63668649
That's because Episode 1 is actually Episodes 1 and 2 together. It is common for the pilot to do that.
>>
>>63668649
>find ep 2 on torrentz
>its a goddamn virus

Well who cares, its going to air today anyhow.
>>
>>63672267
i sort of felt that it was just labelled wrong because in the "previously on expanse" everything was from ep1
>>
>>63672267

but it isn't because I just rewatched episode 1 and it is missing a ton of shit
>>
Is it wrong to be hyped for this show?

I watched the pilot and really enjoyed it.
>>
>>63672184

I did read up on it and clearly more complicated than I or the show has put out there so far but I physically do not know how they will have budget to do some of the shit I just read in the books on tv
>>
>>63668649

It's on the television. Quit being so cheap.
>>
>>63672267

Actually it's not, so you are wrong.
Watch 30 seconds of the Previously on expanse and you see stuff that wasn't in episode 1

>>63672370
You're wrong too, Epiosde 1 ended with with a certain thing blowing up, not with Holden & co figuring out what planet might be responsible.

And detective Miller didn't find out the stuff he found out in the "Previously..." in episode 1
>>
But episode 2 has been uploaded.
>>
>>63672540
i call bullshit
>>
>>63672835
Yeah it was my mistake. I just checked and it was ep 3 marked as ep 2.
>>
I have absolutely no knowledge of the source material, but is the show staying fairly faithful to it? I watched episode one and it piqued my interest and I'll keep watching as long as Thomas Jane is in it
>>
File: autism looks like.jpg (118 KB, 386x316) Image search: [Google]
autism looks like.jpg
118 KB, 386x316
>>63670288
Pic related
>>63670468
But Space Above & Beyond was shit.
>>63674529
>but is the show staying fairly faithful to it?
Apparently it's very faithful.
The author had a Peter Benchley style cameo as the first officer who went mad.
>>
>Syfy

No thanks, I've learned one lesson in life and that is to never trust Syfy.
>>
>>63674529
Mostly. Though I don't understand why they cast Ade (Holden's lover in the ship) with a white woman and not stick to the source even though its just for one episode.

And AFAIR Holden insist immediately to rescue the wrecked ship. He was supposed to be an uncompromising do-gooder without hesitation. Thats sets up why they are always in trouble.
>>
>>63674529
I read the book and got into the show not knowing it was based on it, recognized instantly that it was based on it.
>>
>>63674767
Well then you`re missing out on what seems to be the first good Sci-Fi series since Firefly

until they cancel it after the first season :(
>>
File: 1371309932909.gif (3 MB, 245x100) Image search: [Google]
1371309932909.gif
3 MB, 245x100
So far I'm really impressed with production quality of this show, wasn't expecting to be good.

After that shit that was The Dark Matter
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.