[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fine, I'll do it myself... What did he mean by that?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
File: josh-brolin-infinity-gauntlet.jpg (346 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
josh-brolin-infinity-gauntlet.jpg
346 KB, 1200x1800
>Fine, I'll do it myself...
What did he mean by that?
I mean, how does Ultron losing to the Avengers trigger Thanos? What if Ultron won? If Thanos wants all of the gems for himself, why did he give the only one he had to Loki? I mean in the comics Thanos is supposed to be a God who only loses because subconsciously he does not want to win, but in the MCU his off-screen action make little if not no sense at all by now.
>>
>>63666833
>little if not no sense
literally the mcu at this point
>>
>>63666911
>literally the mcu at this point
Well I don't feel like it's true... why are you saying that?
>>
It doesn't make sense because Thanos is not really a character in these movies and his plan doesn't have any thought put into it by the writers whatsoever. His motivation is supposed to be to fuck death and he looses because of that. I have confidence based Russos will save Infinity War and make Thanos a character.
>>
The implication is thanos was attempting to get all the gems in the same place (his anus) without being directly involved. The issue at the end of age of ultron that caused him to give up on this was one gem being converted into a sentient goddamn being.
>>
>>63667336
>he looses
What does he loose?
>>
>>63667590
>The implication is thanos was attempting to get all the gems in the same place (his anus) without being directly involved
Ok. But this plan has been failed already before AoU. One gem is on Asgard, one is on Earth, one on Spartax or whatever the ova Corps planet is named...
>>
>>63666833
Can Brolin not afford clothes? His shirt has a ton of holes in it lmao
>>
It'll be funny as fuck when there's all this build up for Thanos, and he'll show up in one film and go down like a bitch and the audience will go "oh"
>>
>>63670320
>and he'll show up in one film and go down like a bitch
probably killed by a woman, too
>>
>>63670320
>>63670662
I swear. They'll fucking ruin him and it'll be so hamfisted it won't even be plausible.
>>
>>63666833
> Thanos is supposed to be a God who only loses because subconsciously he does not want to win,

What? Why?

>>63667336
This. Disney thinks throwing in a smirking purple man now and then, who we already know everything about, is how you create tension. They should spend all of Infinity War pt1 properly building up Thanos.
>>
>>63670916
>who we already know everything about

not everyone watching these movies are giant fucking nerds
>>
>>63671048
Similarly, showing somebody we know nothing about, does nothing. We've heard he's capable, but we haven't seen him fight, we don't know his plans, and he has basically no relation to anybody of importance.

I'm sure some higher ups have realised this, which is why Ragnarok is going to be setting up Thanos since they haven't done it properly yet.
>>
>>63670916
>Why?
Because. Read Thanos' Quest and Infinity Gauntlet for more.
>>
>>63671452
>which is why Ragnarok is going to be setting up Thanos
[citation needed]
>>
>>63671452
Thor:Ragnarok is buddy film with Thor and Hulk
>>
>>63670662
>No Man can beat Thanos!
>I ain't no man
*Wasp proceeds killing Thanos*
>>
>>63666833
Thanos was referring to events in Guardians of the Galaxy NOT to events in Avengers: Age of Ultron
>>
>>63672089
mmh... what?
>>
>>63669477
At GotG, Two were about to end up with the collector, and by extension, with thanos. Then the location of the rest were known and therefore getting someone to bring them to him would've been possible.
>>
>>63672475
Bu The Collector does not work for Thanos.
The Collector wants the gems for himself.
By the way why wait for the events in AoU anyway before deciding to "do it" himself?
>>
>>63672543
The collector also isn't the most secure of establishments. So nothing stopping thanos (or one of any number of others) from just strolling in and taking them.

Also >>63667590. Final straw, etc.
>>
Which hero would you choose to deal the final blow to Thanos?

Personally I pick Iron Man.
>>
>>63669456
His shoes. THat's why he loses

>fucking americans are too stupid to understand the difference between lose and loose
>>
>>63672600
>Which hero would you choose to deal the final blow to Thanos?
Captain Marvel and Black Panther
>>
>>63672600
It would probably be final team combo of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Hulk, maybe Spiderman too.
>>
>>63672600
read >>63672075
>>
>>63672762

I feel like it should be the Guardians. Aren't they the ones with the only actual connection to him?
>>
>>63672762
>spend entire Phase 3 introducing new characters to replace old ones
>final blow by a team of old characters from Phase 1
>>
>>63672820
>>63672812

I think nearly everyone should have a go to try and defeat Thanos, but have Thanos strike each and every attempt down.

I really hope they make it a good fight.

>final blow by a team of old characters from Phase 1

I think it should be the original team, just to make things come full circle
>>
>>63672949
>I think it should be the original team
too bad Iron Man and Hulk will not be in Infinity Wars, probably Thor neither
>>
>>63672783
The only girl I would be okay with killing Thanos would be Jane.
That'd be kinda funny to see this monstrous motherfucker taken down by some girl using magnetized spoons or some shit.
>>
>>63672969
>too bad Iron Man and Hulk will not be in Infinity Wars, probably Thor neither

Nice source
>>
>>63672600

jessica jones
>>
File: k.png (703 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
k.png
703 KB, 900x900
>>63672419
Thanos is directly involved with the Guardians. AoU's ending is likely referring to Thanos deciding to not contract his work out like he did with Ronan and Loki anymore.
>>
>>63673122
He's got weird abs.
They're off-center.
>>
>>63672089
This, the scene was just misplaced. It would have made way more sense after the Guardians movie, but Howard the Duck was more important, I guess.
>>
Where are all the Gems even at this point?

Mind Stone is the Vision
Power Stone is with Nova Prime
Reality Stone is on Asgard? With the Collector? Fuck if I know.
Space Stone is what, with the Avengers? What happened to the Tesseract after Avengers 1?
>>
>>63673164
>Reality Stone is on Asgard? With the Collector? Fuck if I know.
>Space Stone is what, with the Avengers?
Collector
>What happened to the Tesseract after Avengers 1?
Heimdall has it
>>
>people think Thanos will day anyway except an epic meme-off with Star-Lord.

Good one.
>>
Wasn't it The Other who gave Loki the scepter?
>>
>>63673197
So Collector still has Reality hidden away somewhere and Heimdall has Space? Got it.
>>
>>63673199
Would be fine with this tbqh.
Sounds better than most other possibilities.
>Black Panther is the only one strong enough to beat Thanos
Meme-off please.
>>
>>63673148
Those are called zipper abs
>>
>>63673232
Huh.
That's interesting.
>>
>>63672600
Captain America using Thor's hammer. It will probably be the Hulk, though.
>>
>>63673278
If you hang out in /fit/ long enough you'll read grown men crying over their new found zipper abs
>>
>>63673380
You mean Cap and Bucky OTP blowing Thanos out.
>>
File: 1448248396099.png (818 KB, 1677x2550) Image search: [Google]
1448248396099.png
818 KB, 1677x2550
>>63673415
I only go on /fit/ for their ylyl threads.
Seriously, those motherfuckers are hilarious.
>>
How important do you think that Spidey will be in IW? Now that Marvel can use him they'll probably want to milk him as much as they did with Cap and Tony, if not even more, but he's still owned by Sony.
>>
>>63673464

>gains goblins

my7 sides
>>
>>63673160
The gems just being gems means he can hire people to bring them to him.

One of the gems being a godlike sentient entity means thanos has to be involved directly, as anyone he could hire to kill said entity and retrieve the gem would be capable of harnessing the infinity stone and using it against thanos.

So, yea, stones in vaults are fine. Vaults can be raided, easily. Stones as quasi-immortal beings, not fine. Have to limit the number of other demigods if your goal is to become a true god.
>>
>>63673470
Civil War will be the test run. If it goes well he'll be in IW like crazy, if the reception is lukewarm he'll just be supporting.
>>
>>63673600
I hope the reception is good, the more Spiderman we get, the better.
>>
>>63673627
I disagree

Look how popular Iron Man became and how he became the poster boy for the MCU, the whole of the universe revolved around him.

We are seeing a similar shift to Cap
>>
>>63673771
>Look how popular Iron Man became and how he became the poster boy for the MCU, the whole of the universe revolved around him.

you faggots can keep saying that, it doesnt make it true
>>
>>63673594
First on-point reply in the whole thread
>>
>>63672600
I think they should swerve it & have galactus kill thanos & become the main problem.

Or heroes + thanos vs Galactus + inf. gems/stones/marbles.
>>
>>63672600
Batman.
>>
>read the comic
>it's literally Thanos beating the shit out of everyone in space (humans are able to breathe there for some reason)
>the "superheroes" tell each other who should go next one by one instead of going full force
Embarrasing. I hope the movies take a massive shit on the comic
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.