[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ we are just hours away from a massive cultural shift This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: sansa.jpg (12 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
sansa.jpg
12 KB, 256x256
/tv/ we are just hours away from a massive cultural shift

This is a period of time remarkably similar to the release of The Dark Knight Rises.

/tv/ is about to swing one of two ways - The Force Awakens will be rich with meme material, every little piece of the film will be pulled apart and laughed at, and the board will have a complete fresh face

OR

the film will be a massive let down and will completely lack any material worth pouring over. With an intense sense of whiplash, the board's smartest young browsers will turn to the depths of genuine cinema, the Bressons, the Cassavetes, and the board will receive a massive cultural boost in a more intelligent direction.

Whatever the result - /tv/, our board - will look very different in just a matter of hours.

Good luck, and God bless this board.
>>
If I pull that off, will you die?
>>
>>63665812

it would be extremely exploitable
>>
>in just a matter of hours
nah, most people will see this on 16th or 17th, especially americans
so that's still a few days away
>>
>still thinking about time on a day by day basis

This is why you don't have any money and are generally unhappy
Evolve already
>>
/tv/ doesn't need good meme material to make memes. People will spam and force jokes if they have to.

There is no memeless scenario.
>>
File: 1421749013456.jpg (67 KB, 690x720) Image search: [Google]
1421749013456.jpg
67 KB, 690x720
>implying you or your reddit army will conquer big man.
>>
>>63665923
Spectre
Avengers

All memeless
There's a big difference between memeless and memeable

You clearly missed the point anyway fuckwit
>>
File: 1283340431470.jpg (246 KB, 400x542) Image search: [Google]
1283340431470.jpg
246 KB, 400x542
>>63665783
>the board's smartest young browsers will turn to the depths of genuine cinema, the Bressons, the Cassavetes

yeah right
>>
>>63666059
I wasn't talking about other movies, I'm saying TFA will generate a shitstorm of memes regardless of what the movie is like.
>>
>>63665783
no jj film has ever produced a single meme
>>
>>63665783
>The Force Awakens will be rich with meme material, every little piece of the film will be pulled apart and laughed at, and the board will have a complete fresh face
I hope not, I never watched this fuckin childrens movie shit
>>
It's most likely a rehash of A New Hope, according to all the info given
And JJ being a known nostalgiafag director

Shot for shot scenes remade, they try to hide this with "muh diversity"

The first option will happen, there will be 5 new memes introduced to the board
>>
JJ "Save the Cat" Abrams

it will follow the save the cat formula beat for beat, he can't do anything else.
>>
>>63665783
Sophie Turner used to be so fuckin cute!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.