[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fargo Post Season Thread - Patricians Only!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: fargo.jpg (57 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
fargo.jpg
57 KB, 851x315
Was going to post in the other thread, but everyone was just complaining how boring it was. Not a single mention of 'The Myth of Sisyphus'. Hell the episode was even called 'Palindrome', but everyone was busy arguing 'which characters represented the devil'.

Anyway, discuss this god-tier season. I'm going to bed.
>>
GOAT Season TBQH.

I really liked all the mike stuff this episode. Witty evil henchman always talking about how "the future" was coming, without even knowing that future had no place for bolo ties.
>>
Great episode and fantastic season. Obviously they only had ten episodes to work with but I wish we had more resolution with some of the characters. Also others like Floyd and the last Kitchen Brother felt like missed opportunities
>>
>>63662888
The whole "hanzee is tripoli" thing is retarded and since it's a major part of the season finale can't be ignored. Whole season gets a 5/10, it was 8/10 until S2E08
>>
Patricians should appreciate all the Coen nods tonight.

>dat Raising Arizona cancerfu narration
>>
I feel like they blew their load a little early with the shootout but it was a good ending and an amazing season. I felt bad for Milligan thinking he was going to be a king.
>>
>>63663081
>"we kings now"
>gets stuck in accounting

Great finale. Not everything needs to be tied up nicely with a bow. Life just goes on.

Anyone who is disappointed with how the plotlines were ended missed all of the substance of the show.
>>
Fuck, I just realized mike milligan was in The Sopranos. I literally just watched that massive genius episode.

So he switched career paths cause he didn't like office work huh
>>
Holy shit I knew that cancerfu dream speech sounded familiar!
>>
I felt like this finale was mix between movie's, first season's and sopranos finales.

Life still goes on.
>>
>>63663273

This is the patrician thread not the crybabies who haven't watched Coen Bros films thread. The Hanzee thing was stupid but so what.
>>
>>63663763
>>63664078

I didn't catch that either.

I thought Peggy and Ed in the meat locker, really all the Peggy stuff was brillaint. I actually said holy shit when it turned out she was deluding herself into believing that Hanzee was smoking them out. That car ride where Lou chares a pretty horrific story (and Patrick Wilson delivered it excellently) where she doesn't get it and goes on about how she's a victim is great.

Really it was fantastic stuff, with the Hanzee thing being a low point since its vague and weird. It works for the character ultimately to adopt a white identity and lead his own syndicate but the face reconstruction thing is a bit much. Neat Wrench and Numbers cameo.

All in all great season.
>>
>Lou telling Peggy a thoughtful story about Vietnam and the wonders of life.
>"yah, well being a woman is TOUGH y'know. Like, like, like it's really hard an-..."
>"Peggy, people were killed."

Shut that delusional bitch right the fuck up.
>>
>>63664306
was the baby in the story killed?
>>
its true that the Hanzee to Tripoli thing doesnt make much sense.
but theres no debating it.
Hanzee gets the SS card with the name, then say
"Not apprehend. Dead."
that seals the deal.
then recruits wrench and numbers. right there.
it kind of feels like a copout but thats what happened.
>>
File: Hanzee.png (991 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Hanzee.png
991 KB, 1366x768
>>63662888
Nice trips
>>63665322
nice dubs

Hanzee will return in season 3. In Betsy's dream see see's a future after season 1. She mentions the light that the vision is filled with and that it is disturbed by this agent of chaos.

The end of season 1 featured the credits on a white background reflecting their triumph. This season ended in black as the evil was not stopped, it's coming though
>>
>>63665525
New BOB for Twin Peaks?
>>
>>63665322
How do you know that the two kids are Wrench and Numbers? I don't remember season 1 very well, was it ever mentioned that they were both recruited together as kids or something?
>>
>>63665592
one was deaf
>>
>>63665322
"not apprehend. Dead"

Isn't that what the Fargo mob boss said to his lackies in season 1?

>Sam Hess
>It could extra-marital, Wrench and Numbers are attempting to apprehend.
>Dead
>Silence
>Don't care extra-marital, not apprehend, dead.
>>
>>63665592
Maybe because one had black hair and the other was ginger, they worked for tripoli and the fargo syndicate. Oh and THEY WERE SPEAKING IN SIGN LANGUAGE
>>
>>63665654
Yes. That's the point of the post.
>>
>>63665635
>>63665679
For some reason I was under the assumption that Hanzee killed the younger children and then recruited the bullies.
>>
>>63664306
Can someone explain the baby story?

I have no idea what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>63663273
why? he got weak and lazy
>>
I wasn't expecting the feels from Hank's explanation of what he was up to in his office. I loved that
>>
>>63662888
oh wow u i never noticed the camus refs they wur too subtle

u must be pretty smart dude
>>
File: milliganoffice.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
milliganoffice.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I very much enjoyed this season. The Tripoli thing is a bit weird but I'll let it slide. Also taking WebM requests.
>>
>>63665525
>The end of season 1 featured the credits on a white background reflecting their triumph. This season ended in black as the evil was not stopped, it's coming though
it rhymes
>>
>>63662888
What happened to the humour in season 2? I remember finding s1 pretty funny, but in s2 there was hardly a thing that even prompted a smile.
>>
>>63667578

Really? Not even the Dodd/Peggy cabin scenes?
>>
>>63667589
Not personally, though I suppose I can see why some would like it.
>>
File: carshot.webm (889 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
carshot.webm
889 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>63665322
Your face when Wrench reports to Hanzee in season 3 and Mr. Tripoli is the identity Hanzee gives to whoever is the face of his crime syndicate which he runs from the shadows.
>>
Really great season, but the second half of this finale felt so weird.
I get the whole "life goes on" thing, but they just didn't really pull it off that well.
Especially not the "inventing a language" scene, it didn't feel natural at all.
>>
File: tripoli.webm (1006 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tripoli.webm
1006 KB, 1280x720
YFW Hanzee becomes...
>>
File: hanzeefire.webm (512 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hanzeefire.webm
512 KB, 1280x720
>>63665525
WebMified.
>>
File: everbeentobaltimore.webm (979 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
everbeentobaltimore.webm
979 KB, 1280x720
Not many WebMable moments for a finale. Although that's not really an issue.
>>
>>63668348
That guy was stupid AF
>>
File: numberswrench.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
numberswrench.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>63668379
That he was. But what else is there to do in a situation like that?
>>
GOAT season, haters are redditors
>>
File: numberswrench2.webm (3 MB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
numberswrench2.webm
3 MB, 1152x648
>>63668512
And now to compare. Although I just realized I made a shitty WebM to compare. But I'm posting this anyway so fuck you.
>>
File: numberswrench3.webm (972 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
numberswrench3.webm
972 KB, 1280x720
>>63668864
Here's a better one.
>>
>>63665781
His story about the fall of Saigon? The helicopter was too big to land on the deck of their ship so the pilot had to hover over their ship as people jumped on board. Then the pilot maneuvered the helicopter so he could jump out right before it fell into the sea. It's actually a real thing that happened when everyone was scrambling to get out of the country in the wake of the advancing NVA.
>>
>>63663193
floyd got fucking stabbed to death by hansi in ep9
>>
>Fat Damon killed by a woman who doesn't know her place.
>Dodd vindicated
>Lou extolling the virtues of male privilege
>Peggy realizing that women can either be good wives or career women, not both.

How is this show so fucking redpilled and not castigated by feminazis?
>>
File: Mark-acheson.jpg (53 KB, 640x962) Image search: [Google]
Mark-acheson.jpg
53 KB, 640x962
>>63663273
I wish they had planned this earlier and had cast someone that could conceivably be a surgery'd Hanzee, instead of this completely different fella
>>
File: 1435404355506.jpg (46 KB, 437x501) Image search: [Google]
1435404355506.jpg
46 KB, 437x501
>>63669891
>Lesbian snake gets btfo
>"Strong Matriarch" does literally nothing right
>Backstabbing granddaughter gets what she deserves for selling out her family for BBC
wew

Was kind of sad about Peggy in the end though. Her story with Ed I felt had come so far and just to have him bleed out and her be arrested felt like a flat ending.
>>
I was really stunned by this finale, great cap for an amazing season. The end of the Milligan storyline was truly amazing, I also liked the Hanzee half-ending before his obvious appereance in season 3. I really can't express how good I think this show is, and I don't care if anonymous idiots on /tv/ dropped it because "ayy lmaos" or if liking Fargo makes me a Reddit patrician or something. I seldom enjoyed television this much. Nothing, just my two pennies.
>>
>>63670315
Hanzee's dead Jim

Got killed by le meme devil man
>>
>/tv/ assumes that Hanzee becomes Tripoli
>generals gathered in their masses starts playing
>>
File: deaths.webm (3 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
deaths.webm
3 MB, 384x216
>>63670315
Your two pennies are appreciated and welcome, anon.
>>
>>63670315
this 2bqh with you famzers
>>
>>63665525

hanzee was killed at the end of season 1
>>
File: 001.jpg (55 KB, 728x350) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
55 KB, 728x350
JUST
>>
>>63667519
"erstwhile on fargo", whole season 2, please.
>>
Hanzee turning into a fat white man was too fucking weird. But everything else was fantastic.

And I'm glad Betsy made it to the end.
>>
>>63666204
>he got weak and lazy

According to your headcannon? ok retard
>>
>>63664953
No, he says someone catches it.
>>
>>63670543

Hanzee and tripolis actors are like 5 years apart. It makes no sense for him to be tripoli he'd be in his 70s
>>
Are you people trying to force a new Hanzee is Tripoli meme or are you just retarded?
>>
>>63670685
Let Hawley know that, then call him a hack and hang up the phone.

>>63670706
It's not a meme. It's actually what happened. The actor for Hanzee even confirmed it in an interview.
>>
>>63670543

He also managed to grow a fucking beard and not age in 30 years. What awesome technology they had back then.

Did he sit on a microwave?
>>
>>63667578
>Maybe I can get you a phone and you can listen to me shit on people.
>>
>people are so delusional about defending this show that they are trying to say Hanzee does not become Moses Tripoli immediately after seeing him receive Moses Tripolis social security card, say that he needs a new face, is told to build an empire and watch it crumble, and then spit word for word dialogue that Tripoli speaks, complete with subtitles on the screen to beat you over the head
>>
>>63670960
Then he immediately goes off to, who are clearly Numbers and Wrench. It's not even subtle, and its such an asspull and a disservice to Hanzee's arc and season 2, all for the sake of a connection to season 1 which didn't need to happen.
>>
>hey guys you want an interesting and satisfying conclusion?
>lol nope here's 10 minutes of Ted Danson talking about language
>>
>>63671015
this tbqh, kinda felt like they didn't know what to do with his story
>>
>>63668161
the fire rises!
>>
>>63671246
WORDS THAT CONTROL THE SUBCONSCIOUS
>>
>>63671246
maybe if there was one lang we would understand the ending
>>
>>63671285
Which is weird, considering the speech Lou gives to Greta in season 1 gives a clear possibility to take the character. It may of needed an extra episode, but I much rather something like that than the disrespectful conclusion to Hanzee's arc we're given
>>
>>63663273
>The whole "hanzee is tripoli" thing is retarded

Thought so too, he could be Malvo and I would buy it, but not Tripoli. The season was still pretty good
>>
It's different from S1, and I'm okay with that. Both seasons are great and way above majority of the shit on TV. I'll probably casually marathon S2 soon to see any additional connections or foreshadowings.
>>
File: fuhgetabouit.jpg (111 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
fuhgetabouit.jpg
111 KB, 500x411
So what exactly was Ted Danson doing with all of his glyphs?

Sure they all had positive messages about home, family, health, and love, but its not like he spoke the language or shared it to anyone

was it just a way to communicate with the powers that be in the universe to send good thoughts/positive communication that would end up making the lives of him and his family better?

seems like ayyliens was the initial thought but it turned out differently in the finale with his explanation.
>>
>>63671365
>Thought so too, he could be Malvo and I would buy it

This.
>>
>>63667437
that seemed a bit over the top to me. since I vaguely know the IRL story of a guy who actually created this language and as far as I know it kind of faded into oblivion it seemed sad and out of place
>>
So would Peggy go to jail or a mental institution?
>>
>>63671674

Depends on the psych eval, and it's funny but she never actually killed anyone, her running down Rye could be argued to have been accident, and there's no witness but her to say otherwise.

Still a lot of stuff like obstruction of justice and resisting arrest. Complicated as fuck.
>>
>>63671425
you gotta fully formulate a language before testing it out i guess
>>
Seems like i didnt pay enough attention but how did hanzees face get fucked up
>>
Reminder that the Hess boys will be the main villains in season 3
>>
>>63671785
Peg through coffee in is face in episode 9
>>
>>63671785
Peg threw boiling water in his face when they fled the hotel room.
>>
>>63671825
>maximum poetry with parallels to Wrench and Numbers
>>
>>63671758
>her running down Rye could be argued to have been accident, and there's no witness but her to say otherwise.

It literally was. The fact that she didn't seek help though is the real crime. And then killing him and sticking him into a meat grinder.
>>
>>63671879
>And then killing him and sticking him into a meat grinder.

Except that was Ed, but I guess she can be labeled an accessory. Like I said, complicated.
>>
>>63670960
>>63671015
I enjoyed the hell out of both seasons, but this shit right here very nearly ruined season 2 for me. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
OFFICIAL POLL
http://strawpoll.me/6273982

honestly, I thought S2 was way too self-indulgent. Still entertaining. Weak finale though.
>>
>>63671365
Malvo changed his identity many times, nad it was stated that "Lorne Malvo" may be not his true name. So you can live the dream if you want to
>>
File: Mrtripoli.png (103 KB, 316x298) Image search: [Google]
Mrtripoli.png
103 KB, 316x298
Repeat after me

HANZEE IS NOT MR TRIPOLI

HANZEE IS NOT MR TRIPOLI

HANZEE
NOT
TRIPOLI

The man who OFFERS him the name of Tripoli later takes it himself. I can't really remember his face, but the guy on the bleachers beside Hanzee has a more likelier chance of looking like this fat jew in 30 years
>>
File: DR HANZEE IM TRI PO LI.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DR HANZEE IM TRI PO LI.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>63672470
although i agree with you, this fat fuck would look like 100 years old in 2006
>>
>>63672470
I'm more okay with aliens that this stupid development. They clearly ran out of ideas of what to do with Hanzee.
>>
>>63672470
I want it to be like others have theorized that this is just the guy Hanzee has represent him to those not in his inner circle and Wrench will meet the real Hanzee in S3.

Like other says, the old guy on the bleacher with him is already too old to still look like that 26 years later.
>>
>>63672004
Work your way backwards from this stupidity and you'll discover it's been terrible all along. It's the Rosetta Stone of shittyness.
>>
>>63672537
Regardless, Hanzee does not take the name Tripoli. I believe he just keeps murdering across the US, he did just straight up knife the kids that were bullying Little Wrench and Little Numbers. Where ever he sees injustice against the weak, he solves it with violence.
>>
>>63672470
I think this conversation in season 1 sheds some light on Hanzee fate.

Greta Grimly: You were police once, Molly says.

Lou Solverson: State cop, Took a bullet in the hip on a traffic stop. Retired, full pension.

Greta Grimly: You ever do this before? Stand guard?

Lou Solverson: One other time, winter of 1979. Minus 4 degrees. Sat on a dark porch from dusk till dawn. Your stepmom was inside sleeping. Four years old.

Greta Grimly: Who did you think was coming?

Lou Solverson: It wasn't a question of who, more like what.

Greta Grimly: Did it come?

Lou Solverson: Not that night. But soon after.
>>
>>63672656
>wrench is still alive
oh shit.
>2010
>shit regarding the Fargo syndicate massacre from 4 years prior starts stirring up.
>Wrench knows he's not "unemployed" as malvo said
>after he lets him go he flees to the real boss of the Fargo syndicate
>enter chief Hanzee
>Wrench and Hanzee wreck the midwest region.
>>
>>63672792
Yeah I'm really hoping this happens, I'm so damn hyped now for S3 when before I was a bit skeptical about it being set so soon after S1's timeline.
>>
>>63672717
you think they put the facial reconstruction line in there to throw us off?
Also im very glad that the only survivors to see the Aliums were a bathsit crazy lady that nobody would believe and 2 men who are smart enough not to tell anybody. they also kind of just deregarded the aliens all together. which was the best thing they could have done. the finale wasnt too bad. it felt like a Fargo ending.
>>
File: lmao.png (35 KB, 823x303) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
35 KB, 823x303
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/fargo-finale-zahn-mcclarnon-hanzees-848536
>>
Can't say it was as good as last season desu. But this may stem from the fact that I could connect more with Lester, and was happy that I could live the dream of beta uprising with him. He's a beta with an ugly as fuck wife, she constantly talks down to him and belittles him. He brutalizes her face with a hammer, at the same time managing to get his alpha as fuck douchebag bully killed. He then proceeds to literally fuck his bully's wife and dominate everyone in fargo - taking all their money. He eventually met his end but still had a good run. In this season I could only connect with Dodd maybe and he got fucked over.
>>
>>63672861
If a higher up from the show confirms that Hanzee got facial reconstruction I will take back all my praises about the show.

Hanzee himself becomes myth, an indian man with a half burned face, who wanders the northwest, destroying the unjust wherever he goes.
>>
>>63672883
yeah that's the interview, but again i think a lot of folks are just hoping that either Zahn doesn't know the plans for S3 and assuming that is his true fate or he just deflecting for S3's storyline and reveal about him.

We still have Wrench in the story so this could be a good way for them to reintroduce Hanzee as his true self.
>>
>>63672934
>>63672883

Fucking...
welp
>>
Season 3 should still have Lou and Molly in it. Not as main or even supporting characters, but just in it even as a cameo.
>>
>>63672883
oh.
oh no.
>>
The schandenfreude in this thread is delicious. The silver lining to the terrible borderline plagiarized show is that it may teach people to look past critical acclaim and surface level pretension. The emperor has no clothes, people.
>>
>>63673011
it should be about joey king
>>
>>63672883
Again though, Zahn coukd either not know what the true plans are for S3 or he's keeping things under wraps.

I really hope he makes a return, I'm really liking the actor, he's funny as fuck on twitter along with Bear's actor.

Also i like at the end of the interview he shits on that Adam Sandler movie that was offensive as fuck to his people.
>>
File: UNCLEAR.png (330 KB, 895x924) Image search: [Google]
UNCLEAR.png
330 KB, 895x924
>>63672883
OH I AM LAFFIN
everybody hates it
LOOK AT THIS
LOOK AT m-muh perfect show
>>
>>63673189
Joey king tries to take down the Hess Boys' mob down.
>>
>>63673266
i just wanna see her sexy bubble butt
>>
Did the way they shot Hanzee this episode remind anyone of BOB from Twin Peaks?
>>
>>63673371
Yeah, it was yet another rip off that people will jizz all over themselves for pointing out.
>>
>Giant UFO pops up in the middle of a shootout and shines spotlights on people before whizzing away into the night
>"Man that stuff with Hanzee changing his face was just too unrealistic. What were they thinking?"
>>
so nobody mentioned lou chasing hanzee and finding he's not behind the car was from ncfom?
>>
>>63673466
Because one is a payoff to a season wide plot point

And the other is a retarded cop out to somehow tie this to season 1
>>
>>63662888
>Opening scene in episode 1
>The director talking with the "indian"
>He asks about how he feels about the portrayal of the massacre of his people
>"I'm Italian"
>Tripoli is an Italian name
>>
>>63673472
good call, Hanzee also dives behind the car just like Chigurh does in the movie
>>
>>63673472
I think everyone got that.
>>
>>63673506
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>63673506
did he say he was italian, i could have sworn he said he was from new jersey.
>>
>>63666204
No. According to subtext. You retard.
>>
>>63673472

Oooooh another reference? This show is so smart!
>>
>>63673835
No surprise, the producer really needs aid with Fargo.
Did you see how he literally lifted everything from Fargo (The Movie) into Fargo S1? e.g. A Pair of criminals with the larger killing the other, main character female cop fat/pregnant, Weak beta male main character who dodges police questions, "You Betcha!",
>>
>>63667519
>electric typewriters are the future

Tarmac man called it
>>
>>63674116
Thematically/tonally similar isn't ripping off you fucking invalid
>>
>>63674133
>Tarmac man called it

Fucking L O L. Now I'm wondering if that typewriter shit really was foreshadowing.
>>
>>63674203
Taking the themes, setting, characters, dialogue, aesthetic, and plot structure and adding nothing unique to it absolutely is ripping off.
>>
>>63674116
Also the pairs of criminals were really similar. Sure in the tv series one is mute, while this isnt the case in the movie only says 80 words during the entire film while he is a main character.
>>
>>63674133
>They're not just for women anymore.

GOAT season
>>
Please take notice that now that the season has ended the shill defense force isn't nearly as prevalent.
>>
>>63665322
Not a cop out, it just feels like it was written by a 3rd grader.
>>
>>63662888
Why is it that every one is now unaware that season 3 has officially been stated to be in 2008?
>>
>>63673506
>Didn't you try to start your own nation, Wounded Knee? What? You don't like being an American now?
>Not from there
>>
can someone tell me why everyone is angry at hanzee being tripoli
>>
>>63665710
You have officially convinced me to now tell people they have to see the 1st season before this.
>>
>>63674857
because even with 70's era plastic surgery he look nothing like him
also it was a shitty way to connect the two season when we already has Lou as a main character
>>
>>63674857
because it is mentally retarded

both as if it were written by a retard and only enjoyed by retards
>>
>>63674967
the rest of the show is bretty good tho
>>
>>63675029

Nope, this>>63674967 is Fargo in a nutshell.
>>
>>63674733
I can see the Hawley now, sitting at a preschoolers desk with a 3 year-old.

Hawley: "So what happens with Hanzee?"
3 year-old: "HE BECOMES THE MOB BOSS FROM SEASON 1"
Hawley: "LIKE OMG FOR REAL!"
>>
Biggest disappointment in my life.
>Edd is dead
>Indian is mr Tripolly
They even didn't reveal what happened with Peggy after arrest.
I don't know how you can ruin perfect TV show for two episodes.
>>
>>63675108
"How do we end the story?"

"ALIUMS! ALIUMS FROM THE SKY!"

H:"Brilliant. Emmys here I come."
>>
>>63675159
Here's a hint, if a show mysteriously shits the bed in the last two episodes then you need to reevaluate what perfect means and why you thought that in the first place.
>>
>>63663793
>Not everything needs to be tied up nicely with a bow. Life just goes on.
That's why we watch TV shows, you fucking moron. They aren't real life.
>>
>>63675345
Then why are people complaining about muh unrealistic surgery?
>>
File: 1344548240853.jpg (103 KB, 350x338) Image search: [Google]
1344548240853.jpg
103 KB, 350x338
>peggy yelling at dead edd
>>
I couldn't help but think Todd wasn't the best casting choice for the role of Ed, though his performance was okay. The actors only differ 6 years in age but he often looked too young for her.It didn't look like a plausible relationship for two people to be in.

Also do you think Kirsten Dunst will be nominated for an award?
>>
>>63675406
>Also do you think Kirsten Dunst will be nominated for an award?
Isn't she already?

>It didn't look like a plausible relationship for two people to be in.
Looked normal to me 2bh.
>>
the moses tripoli thing is so unnecessary
>>
>>63670960

I really wish he had just gone off alone to winnepeg or something. It would have been so much cooler for Hanzee to just be "out there" like a legend in mystery.

I get what they're trying to do but it was a really shitty way to do it.
>>
How do people think S2 > S1?
S1 is better from every point of view
>>
>>63675406
Why don't you google her up in the news? We're not your news boys.
>>
>>63675456
Im gonna pretend that's what happens. Hanzee becomes a mythical indian with a half burned face who destroys injustice wherever he finds it
>>
>>63671015
I agree. Even letting him disappear into the sunset would have been better. That whole scene was just a disappointment.
>>
>>63675484
I don't follow celebrity news all that much.
>>
If the aliens in Fargo truly don't symbolize absurd, unreliable narration or stuff like that and truly are a shitty deus ex machina they would be something so utterly retarded to actually go the other way around and become a work of genious.
>>
>>63675493
i prefer this conclusion
>>
>tfw I'm just going to pretend it was a change in the time line and Hanzee kills Lou and meets up with Malvo and they become partners
>>
>>63675453
I agree, it would've been a better end if he just had to change his identity to a white man's. connecting it so strongly to S1 makes it feel extremely contrived
>>
>>63675677
any conclusion is better than

FACIAL

RECONSTRUCTION

SURGERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
File: 1404846043960.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1404846043960.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
WOW SUCH DEEP WRITING I LIKED THE BIT WHERE AN INDIAN BECAME A FAT JEW DAE ALIENS??? LOOL
>>
I wonder if the writers will read fan feedback and change S3 (if it even needs to be changed) to make it clear S1's Tripoli wasn't really Hanzee.
>>
>>63675575
It's only genius if they know their show is terrible and they are deliberately trying to fool people into thinking it's smart.
>>
I think this finale was the worst television finale I have ever watched.

Past twenty minutes the episode is a 'Where are they now?' segment with every character basically going over the five minutes between "everyone is safe" and "This is the chair I am going to sit in until S1 rolls around."

Last night I went to bed after watching and grimacing at the finale. My last words before enterring slumber were 'Wow, fucking Fargo.' I had a dream that I rewatched the finale and said "Wow that's fucking garbage" before waking. My first words upon waking were 'Wow, fucking Fargo.'

I am so distraught and upset at the STUPID SHIT they put in the episode to tie together things that don't make any sense. Hanzee didn't change race between S2 and S1, Malvo had no idea who Wrench and Numbers were in S1, and tying all of them together in one 3 minute scene of ramblings between a man that walked out of frame because he felt like it (Hanzee) and a guy nobody's ever seen before (Fat Jew) was a fucking COP OUT. They didn't want to resolve any of the problems at the end of the season because they know they have another season to work with

so we got GARBAGE.
>>
>>63675724
*random white man's, not tripoli specifically
>>
>>63675394
i teared up a bit, ngl
>>
>ayylmaos
>indian steers the entire plot, built up confrontation between 2 sides falls apart
>ed dies
>lou is revealed to survive removing any tension
>his kid gets fat
what a flop

shame, because episodes 1-6 were great.
>>
>>63676083
>>lou is revealed to survive removing any tension
Gee, it's almost like we always knew that.
>>
>>63670685
Maybe hanzee becomes a tripoli before the fat jew guy and "not apprehend, dead" is their code of honor or some shit. Just grasping at straws here and hoping the writers aren't actually literally retarded.
>>
>>63676145
not if you're a retard like me that thought this had zero relation to s1
>>
>>63676175

That's not even being retarded. You're a fucking vegeatble.
>>
>>63671351
Which speech was that? My memory is in need of refreshing.
>>
>>63676264
The one where Lou is outside guarding the Solverson house and Greta comes out to speak to him. It's in either episode 9 or 10.
>>
>>63675870
I went to bed comfy as fuck because that last shot of the Solversons in bed together with snow falling against the window is a perfect Fargo ending.

Only this morning did I read the interviews confirming that Hanzee becomes Tripoli and realize how shit it was
>>
>>63675789
MGS Developer, Kojima take note you fuck.
>>
>>63675870
Hasn't watched lost
>>
>>63676741
Yeah kek.
The whole last season was time and time again unplausible deus ex machinas again and again.
>>
>>63676741
Absolutely right. I don't care how philosophical an ending is if the scene right before it was the best gunfight scene I've scene on television. You can't follow up a tense scene that evokes emotion with a slow tension-free scene where nobody's at risk for 40 minutes and write it off as trying to be deep.

It was ass.
>>
>>63676715
But the Venom stuff was a good idea, just poorly executed with a tacked on meta aspect that made the whole ordeal patronizing.

The facial reconstruction surgery twist in Fargo literally makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and cannot be reasoned with unlike MGSV. I generally thought Fargo S2 was fantastic, but this one plot point has kind of ruined the whole experience for me, because it just threw away the arc of a crucial character like it was nothing, all for the sake of feeling the need to make a connection to season 1 which didn't need to fucking happen.

I can't believe I am as pissed off at this as I am, but this is unjustifiably poor writing, and it shows all the more because the season generally had great writing. It's going to be that black stain that refuses to come out, and the whole season now has to suffer because of some piss poor hack writing. I literally cannot think of any aspect that makes Hanzee=Tripoli a good idea in any way.
>>
For some reason though, in S1 I did think it was a little out of place in how Tripoli was shoved into the scene without much introduction, and if you think about it now, all that was needed was like a 27 years later between Hanzee taking the Social Security and Tripoli eating fish. Maybe even one of those shared sentences as time changed. (The quote about kill and be killed, half by Hanzee then finished by Tripoli.)
>>
who are hanzee and tripol again?
:/
>>
>>63676868
I guess it may have been more attainable had Tripoli received more screen time during S1 and had done more Hanzee-like acts.
>>
>>63677029
Yeah, definitely. Tripoli does not share any characteristics with Hanzee whatsoever. He is essentially just a comic relief glutton,

Then there's the whole quality of plastic surgery which would be needed to get Hanzee to even look like that which requires even more mental gymnastics to justify its piss poor existence.
>>
>>63676083
>episodes 1-6 were great
I agree to this gentleman. Season starts with Gerhardts stand against big bad corporate world and Bloomquists in the middle. But it ends with literally side character went full retard and became a villain from previous season. For fuck sake, I swear, show could be much better without indian.
>>
File: 1402012848279.jpg (85 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1402012848279.jpg
85 KB, 601x601
RUINED SUCH A PERFECT SEASON
>>
>>63677128
Detective indian was great
Everything after shooting dud (?) was a train wreck
>>
>>63676993
If they did that it would have lost all believability as soon as the gaunt native man turned into the fat hooknosed jew. I mean they still did that, but showing it happen on screen would have been too fucked up
>>
>>63672790

>Four years old

Molly is 6 in season two.
>>
season 2 episodes

8>5>9>7>6>1>10>4>3>2

tbqh
>>
>>63677219
>doesn't even know the name of one of the main characters
>complains
/tv/ does it again!
>>
File: Fargo-3.jpg (74 KB, 1330x728) Image search: [Google]
Fargo-3.jpg
74 KB, 1330x728
season 3 is with fatfu again, hype
>>
>>63677288
I know his name, just not how to spell it, you moron.
>>
File: milo-trippoli.gif (2 MB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
milo-trippoli.gif
2 MB, 600x333
To beat the jew, you must become the jew.
>>
>>63677340
she looked fatter in last night's episode... gonna be great for you chubby chaser bros out there

H I G H T E S T
I
G
H
T
E
S
T
>>
>>63677353
I finished both and they were both disappointing. TD's finale was better though.
>>
>>63677288
i hate this bullshit, it takes 3 seconds to look up a name
>>
>>63677385
She isn't high test, she's just a fatass
>>
>>63671246
WOLBACHIA
>>
>>63677385
all i saw was her ass and knew it was her. god i want her
>>
>>63677340
source?
or do you mean the fact it takes place a few years later?
>>
File: Capture.png (568 KB, 1221x614) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
568 KB, 1221x614
>>63672111
I agree with this poll
>>
>>63677440
MALE TO FEMALE
>>
Should I watch this show?
>>
>>63677460
i dont think they've confirmed who will return for S3 other than the news that it is set a few years after S1.

But that, coupled with Betsy's vision which is clearly set after S1. Also perhaps tie in Hanzee as well since she saw him in her dream when she never met or seen the character before. I really think this adds credence to the theory that "Tripoli" was just the public face Hanzee sent out.

They keep making a point that Hanzee's name derives from "shadow/shade". I don't think he's stupid enough to put him in any position to get himself killed.

I'm okay with being wrong though, come S3.
>>
I thought the finale was a bit underwhelming, but not really in a bad way. I was expecting the wife to die of cancer in one of the final episodes and I'm kinda glad she didn't, because we all know she will, and that kinda makes it a little more powerful, just seeing them all together in the end knowing she probably only has a few years left. I also like how the UFO wasn't explained at all, I kinda wish they wouldn't have even mentioned it.
The only thing that bothers me greatly is the stupid ass Hanzee turning into Tripoli thing. It's not that it doesn't make sense, it could happen, but it's just taking it too far. All the connections to season 1 have been really good so far and felt natural, but that one just feels like trying to shove another "clever" reference in someplace where it isn't necessary.
Overall the season was great though. No worse than season 1, maybe even better.
>>
What was the point of the cancer wife's dream other than to shoehorn in some cameos of the season 1 cast?
>>
>>63677629
I didn't feel that it was shoehorning, it kind of had its place.
>>
>>63677629
Raising Arizona
>>
>>63677657
Oh, so "because reference".
>>
>>63662888
I half-expected to see Malvo as a wee cute kid.

In any case, the Hanzee tie-in with S1 was crazy enough.

I enjoyed the relatively happy note the season ended with.
>>
File: betsy alive.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
betsy alive.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
So what's this all about then? Does Noreen take over as "mom"? Not in a sense that she and Lou hooked up, but just as a mother figure for Molly? Or?
>>
>>63667578
There's been less humour for sure, but it's there. It's different from 1 in tone, but I felt like there was a fair amount of lightheartedness.
>>
>>63668864
The fact that they knew each other since childhood makes it more believable how sad the deaf guy got when he found out his buddy was killed.
>>
>>63677696
Thing is, Malvo is clearly older than Wrench and Numbers, so he'd have to be in his mid-20s or so.
>>
>>63676172
That makes way more sense. Even if that's not their intention that's gonna be my explanation from now on.
>>
Hey guys

If Malvo knew Wrench and Numbers as a kid

Why did he act like he didn't know them in Season 1
>>
>>63664214
Speaking of Coen bros. films, did anyone get a NCfOM vibe from the scenes in the empty streets at the beginning of ep. 10?
>>
>>63677685
Yes. I bet you missed a lot of references.
>>
>>63677783
>Malvo knew Wrench and Numbers as a kid
What?
>>
Somewhere I heard it confirmed that s3 will be chronologically set after s1, but during the last episode the suited cop muttered something like "this is xxx all over again (can't remember what xxx was, exactly). Kinda reminded me of "this is sioux falls all over again", so a prequel in "xxx" seems not so impossible, although I pesrsonally don't want anymore prequels.
>>
>>63671365
>>63671438
I like how you guys have no problem with Hanzee being a white guy as long as he stays a badass for three decades. Frankly, I think you're all just mad that after 30 years Hanzee got fat and slow, and it has nothing to do with how much alike the actors look.

That said, Hanzee is half-white and has spent a lot of the 70's out in the sun. I don't think it's insane that after becoming domesticated he'd turn olive-skinned and fat.
>>
>>63672567
lel seriously this. It's funny that I find this stuff with hanzee less believable than all the aliens stuff. At least the alien stuff was heavily foreshadowed from day 1. This was just unnecessary and judging by the two men's faces, clearly impossible with plastic surgery
>>
>>63677708
Probably more like big sister
>>
>>63677811
References have zero value.
>>
>>63677821
Fargo season in 1800's could be pretty good tho
>>
>>63677821
The prequel seasons probably cost about twice as much to produce because of all the set-pieces. I'm guessing they'll only do period seasons every other year, and that was a set-up for season 4.
>>
>>63677821
Ben mentioned Rapid Falls, which yeah, hasn't occured yet. We might go back another few years after S2 for S4.

Can you imagine?
>>
>>63677809
It was a reference.
There have been many Hanzee/Sugar references.
>>
>>63677849
If you don't understand them.
>>
>>63677816
Wrench and Numbers were at the ballpark. The other kid was pretty obviously Malvo, considering the showrunner said in interviews that the finale would show off Malvo's origin.
>>
>>63665654
Fargo mob boss = Tripoli
>>
>>63677912
[citation required]
>>
>>63675051

Kill yourself.
>>
>>63675051

No one is saying they like it though. At best people are saying the Hanzee thing is fine and doesn't effect the episode quality much.

Fargo is genuinely good television om right now, and when someone comes into a fargo thread and says otherwise they never ever bring up a better show running
>>
>>63677554
this may actually redeem some of season 2.
Let's hope you're right.
>>
>>63677912
There were two bullies.
>>
File: 1426776796421.png (10 KB, 369x300) Image search: [Google]
1426776796421.png
10 KB, 369x300
I hope the retarded Hanzee twist doesn't become a staple for the show. If they become too obsessed with connecting things then the show is gonna go down the drain fast. Let's hope this is a one off blunder and not a sign of things to come.
>>
>>63671643
It's hardly one guy. Creating constructed languages, even pictographic ones, is a somewhat popular hobby among language nerds. I spent a lot of time working on my language back in college.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructed_language
http://conlang.org/
>>
>>63677909
What is the value in the show constantly tipping it's hat to the movies of the Coen Brothers? At best all it does is remind you how good those other movies were, at worst it makes Hawley look like a leech trying to legitimize himself through association with far more talented artists.
>>
>Young Otto Gerhardt
>Subservient to reigning crime family
>Takes down the family and personally murders their leader through deceit and betrayal
>Starts his own family
>Recruits youth (Hanzee, his own children) to instill loyalty, despite being a traitor himself
>Grows old and weak and dies helplessly in a shootout

>Young Hanzee Dent
>Subservient to reigning crime family
>Takes down the family and personally murders their leader through deceit and betrayal
>Starts his own family
>Recruits youth (Wrench & Numbers) to instill loyalty, despite being a traitor himself
>>
>>63677708

>You will never see Noreen and Charlie together
>>
>>63677912
you're fucking retarded.
you really think that ne of those bullys was malvo.
the same malvo who killed numbers.
who you think was also somebody he bullied in 1979, was attcked by injun jew, and lived. just to be killed by him in 2006.
WEW
L
A
D
>>
Okay imagine this...

A late 80's/early 90's sitcom based around Mike having to adjust to corporate life and having to deal with his quirky secretary who's always getting the both of them into crazy situations
>>
>>63677912
How wrong i were when i thought that Hanzee getting facechange would mean him becoming Malvo. I think they are same height and the age would be right if malvo was at his mid fifties and hanzee being like 30 years old now
>>
>>63678087

You mean, getting assasinated? Sure I agree with the shoot out caused by Malvo, but not with the one caused by Mike and one Kitchen brother.
>>
>>63678087
>>Recruits youth (Hanzee, his own children) to instill loyalty, despite being a traitor himself
Hanzee was his bastard with the maid. That underling Mike killed at the Gerhardt farmhouse confirmed it.
>>
Nigga the injun probably just lost the card or something, or got killed by someone who just assumes the identity of Tripoli sometime between the seasons. At least that's what I originally thought when I first saw it.
>>
>>63670202
>"Strong Matriarch" does literally nothing right
I dunno about that. She basically did just one thing (fatally) wrong: she failed to keep her bellicose son in check. If not for him she would have succeeded. Too soft, perhaps?
>>
>>63678088
I legit hope Charlie went straight after all that bloodshed. I want him to follow his dad's wishes for him not to be like him and the rest of the family.
>>
File: 1428087314595.jpg (9 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1428087314595.jpg
9 KB, 251x242
>Coen's perfect little small town crime thriller is now associated with crap like UFO invasions and face swapping identity changes.
And I thought season 1 got too dumb with that extended shoot out sequence.
>>
>>63678098
plot twist mike is founder of BLACKED.com
>>
>>63678169

Yeah me too man. But I don't think that he's that big of a role, to make him return in Season 3.
>>
Can someone give explain how everyone is related??

So Molly, the fatty, is Lou's daughter??
But wasn't Lou the police chief when Malvo killed him in ep 1?
And Molly's dad was the dude who owned the diner??
And wasn't Lou's wife pregnant with another kid? So wtf happened to the kid they have now??

Or does qt book girl take the Salverson name and become the fat cop? She treats gramps as her own and they're "family"???
I'm so fucking confused
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.