[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>early reactions >everyone loves it >we were BTFO again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
File: Capture.jpg (54 KB, 516x625) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
54 KB, 516x625
>early reactions
>everyone loves it
>we were BTFO again

Why are we always wrong?
>>
File: armond.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
>paid shills
>plebian nerds

I'll wait until the only man I trust speaks his mind
>>
>>63661596
Did anyone think critics wouldn't eat this up? Marvel movies always get favorable reviews. Critics eat up all the mainstream safe "fun" movies.
>>
Just like episode 1, but most of you weren't old enough to be on the interweb at the time:((
>>
>>63661596
only brain dead retards who would like it no matter what would watch this shit immediately

literally no different then the prequels
>>
>easily impressed people who aren't as critical as they should be about the films they watch liked it
you don't say
>>
>>63661702
I am and people were wavering between delusional praise and angry yelling
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw
star wars fans are easily the worst when it comes to mindnumbing delusion
>>
It's just the sensationalism and hype talking. Everyone thought that way for the prequel trilogy at first as well.
>>
>>63661662
i am shaking with anticipation
>>
https://youtu.be/OUC-Hot1zhg

There's spoiler videos now, going into my bunker
>>
>>63661596
Most people don't have a giant stick up their ass about blockbusters or interracial relationships.
>>
>>63661787
>shaq
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>63661596
WHAT THE FUCK?

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN THIS TIME

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
>>63661596
Hmmm, I seem to recall that when Interstellar premiered, we had all these Hollywood big shots hailing it as an absolute masterpiece on Twitter, then the actual critics and audiences saw it and it turns out the movie was just OK.

This could be the same situation here.
>>
>>63661975
there's a chance we are on the right side of history still, see >>63661787
>>
>admitting to anything
>we
reddit beckons
>>
A lot less hyperbolic than the original impressions from the first screening of Mad Max

You'll never get bad impressions from the premiere, the atmosphere of being in a room for the first showing and with all the cast etc will mean you'll enjoy it no matter what.

This will be alright to good at best, on general consensus.
>>
>>63661596
The transformers movie all make a lot of money too. Doesnt mean theyre good
>>
>>63662000

I honestly do not expect a Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones situation here. I believe that the movie, at worst, will be better than Episode III. I am hoping that it will be great, but I don't think that it will be terrible.
>>
>>63661787
last guy was ahead of his time
>>
>>63662153
>I believe that the movie, at worst, will be better than shit.

Damn they really set the bar high didn't they
>>
>>63661787
>there's no way it's gonna be a disappointment
It's gonna be great! It's gonna be great!
>>
>>63661596
Wait, so why is /tv/ so insistent on hating this movie? They'll say it's shit regardless of the actual quality.
>>
Don't forget to add that people are terrified to be labelled as a racist
>>
>thinking there will be negative reviews to hurt new star wars movie

why the hell are you guys putting so much weight in early reviews?

has no one learned from the dark knight rises early 10/10 reviews?

wait until it actually hits for decent impressions
>>
>>63661975
Why would you wish for a movie to be bad and then get upset when people say it's good?
>>
>>63662317
because its being forced down our throats at every possible chance in every possible medium.
We even have redditors here shilling a 2 hour movie for days upon days on end
>>
>>63662317
nah, if the movie is genuinely good I won't be afraid to say it, but it's fun to shitpost either way.
>>
>>63661679
Why don't people realize this is the whole point of critics?

Professional Critics are, by nature, professional gossipers and manipulators. A single disheartening review or disgruntled tweet that angers Hollywood's elites can boot them right out of a job.

Saying Star Wars sucked, after being invited to the premier, would be career suicide.

So, yeah, I'm not sure what people actually want them to say? Just don't pay attention to them and judge the film yourself.
>>
>>63662317
Because of /pol/
>>
>trusting fanboy initial reactions
> ever
>>
>>63662382
Because correct guessing is better than praying for all things to be spectacular

They are creating to please us, not us pleading to get a bit of satisfaction
>>
>>63662409
>reddit: the excuse
>>
Give it a few days and /tv/ will be shitting on this film just like every other major blockbuster from the last 10 years.

Do you guys remember the shitstorm after TDK came out? Initially everyone here praised the shit out of it, said it was great. Wait a few days and suddenly faggots on /tv/ realizes that normal people really thought TDK was good as well, and /tv/ being the contrarian faggots they are quickly turned on TDK and started finding reasons to shit on it mercilessly.

The truth is TDK was an alright film, not brilliant, but alright. The same thing will happen with Star Wars, initially people will be hype as fuck and praise it, then the dust will settle and you guys will nitpick minor flaws. The movie itself will probably be decent overall, but /tv/ always finds a reason to go against the grain.
>>
I love seeing this shithole getting btfo.
I predict an herololcaust this weekend.
>>
>>63662317
are you new
>>
>>63662493
How is anyone getting blown out?
>>
>>63662490
/tv/ has been shitting on it the past 2 years already
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER to downvote the movie into oblivion on all major review sites. spread this!
>>
>>63661596

>B-B-B-UT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONES, BRING BALANCE TO THE SHITPOSTING
>>
>>63662317
if you haven't noticed, most people on here are sick of these big dumb re-make re-imagined re-used bullshit jj abrams marvel esque action movies that all these fucking idiot airheads overrate and give a 10/10 without question

it's shit on general fucking principle.
>>
>>63662565
Fuck that, I'd rather rate it honestly.

And I honestly don't expect to be that intruiged
>>
File: 1447049901744.jpg (9 KB, 218x222) Image search: [Google]
1447049901744.jpg
9 KB, 218x222
>>63662565

Why though?

What do we gain from that?
>>
>>63662565
this totally works

that's why activision are no longer putting out call of duty games every year

kill yourself you assmad permavirgin
>>
>>63662490
/tv/ loves avengers and other capeshits
>>
>>63662565
DONE
>>
>Star Wars VII The Force Awakens WEB.RIP.CAM.AUDIO-FANTA
>Star Wars VII The Force Awakens WEB.RIP.CAM.AUDIO-FANTA
>>
Rapper El-P was at the premier. He implied it wasn't good
>>
>>63662678
no phones allowed into the premiere, nice try though
>>
Does anyone have that image that was posted yesterday with Gorge bitching about how it's Abrams vision now and that he just one of the fans or some shit?
>>
>>63662490

>but /tv/ always finds a reason to go against the grain.

Yeah like that time /tv/ decided that Phantom Menace was horribe.
>>
>>63662703
who cares about El-P? where is ja rule? i need to make sense of this shit
>>
>>63662703
I'm going to fucking laugh if Abrams' attempts to make black people like Star Wars totally failed.
>>
File: sogeekyxD.png (20 KB, 569x118) Image search: [Google]
sogeekyxD.png
20 KB, 569x118
>>
>critics sucking up to Disney, trying to become the next big name movie reviewer

What else is new?

Reminder that only 6 companies control all forms of media and that independent movies in 2015 get little to no attention
>>
>>63662756

Emotional experience

I want off this gay planet
>>
>>63662756
>chris hardwick
>>
>>63662799
>muh independent films
have you ever paid to see an independent or small studie film?

didn't think so
>>
>>63662490
This.
>>
>>63661949
CHURROS
>>
>>63662756
>chris hardwick

kek. yep, i'm sure star wars is a 10/10 to someone with such shit taste they host a talk show that actually takes the walking dead seriously
>>
lmao @ taking 4chan seriously in tyool two thousand and thirteen plus two

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.

Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

if it's good, /tv/ will either claim it sucks or claim to have liked it all along. if it's shit, /tv/ will split itself into "told you so" and "it's underrated" camps

because that is always what fucking happens
>>
>>63662856
How would I when theaters are dominated by the big 6? You don't find it disheartening that 50 years ago, 80+ companies were in the theaters, versus the same 6 over and over again today?
>>
>>63662744
El P is white hth
>>
Literally everyone in my theater cheered for TPM at the end. It takes a while for people drunk on hype to come to their senses and see a turd for what it is.
>>
>>63662389
Because people are stupid and vain. That simple.

They don't understand that critics are worthless, because that would lead them to realize that all opinions are worthless, and that would in turn lead them to realizing that their opinions are worthless.
>>
>>63662963
you must be retarded, because you're confusing distribution with creative control
>>
>>63662490
Really, as far as I can remember /Rv/ has loved TDK. TDKR however...
>>
>>63662756
Coming from the most obsequious fanboy I've ever seen. He has a talk show devoted to shilling The Walking fucking Dead, which is honestly one of the most garbage shows I actually watched through several seasons of. Praise coming from him is practically negative.
>>
>>63663212
To be fair, he gets paid to shill that garbage
>>
>biggest movie of the year
>gets rave reviews

How the fuck did you not see this coming?
>>
>>63663048
Eh..that's a good point. But does it matter? The only $100M,green lighted films will be "safe" films like sequels and already established franchises.

I'm sure there are a lot of good stories out there. I'm sure in your head you can imagine a good movie. But eh...it's just going to be comfortable sequels or familiar franchise from here until..who knows
>>
File: SJWars.png (24 KB, 578x158) Image search: [Google]
SJWars.png
24 KB, 578x158
>>
>>63663232
He agreed to get paid to shill that garbage. He has no integrity.
>>
>>63663212
the guy really is fucking insufferable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLPsmMIVmWw

yes chris, you're like such a nerd bro, totally
>>
>>63661596
>humor
Star Wars never had humor.

Dropped.
>>
> they won't even say why

It's just peer pressure on social media to like this piece of garbage and the shit actors

Prepare for horror stories
>>
>>63663401
the whole detention block sequence in ANH is fun as fuck though
>>
>>63663401
yeah like when han and chewy were being chased by those troopers and they reversed course and the little irobot being quirky
>>
File: 1448474343012.png (51 KB, 338x288) Image search: [Google]
1448474343012.png
51 KB, 338x288
>>63663401
>Star Wars never had humor
>>
>>63662002

>the right side of history

Fuck off.
>>
Fuuuck, they're going to be mediocre, aren't they? If you ask me I'd rather have another George Lucas trainwreck that is unintentionally hilarious and quotable.
>>
>>63663401
It did but I feel this one is gonna much more GOTG type shit humor. The fact that multiple critics have touched on humor does not sound good. The fan service is going to override everything else.
>>
>>63661787
>very great a lot of noise

great critique
>>
>>63663485
yeah, mesa too like Jar Jar stepping on poo poo
>>
>>63664512
We've known it's been a safe rehash of ANH for a while now
>>
Reminder that everyone "loved" Star Trek Into Darkness, despite it being the worst film I've seen in years.

And remember the early reactions to Watchmen, another mediocre-as-fuck movie?
>>
>>63665166
It wasn't the worst film but it wasn't a Star Trek movie. I know everyone hates Joss Whedon in here but I feel like he would have stayed more true to the source material then JJ who doesn't really understand what Star Trek is about.
>>
>>63665166
Into Darkness was alright.
So was TDKR for that matter.
People need to stop treating any blockbuster that's less than great as a piece of shit.
>>
>>63665482
Into Darkness was a fucking travesty and it's nothing to do with not being Star Trek. I mean, the first film wasn't really a Star Trek movie, but was perfectly competent. The second was just an awful action movie, the worst one I've seen since Alice in Wonderland. The film feels constructed between action scenes and nothing makes any real sense. It's just endless dumb, pointless, vapid action.
>>
>>63665585
No, I really fucking hated Into Darkness, it's a legitimately bad film. It made me angry after watching it. Orci and Lindehof are terrible hack writers who don't understand how to write characters or construct a story.
>>
>>63662756
he needs to commit violent suicide
>>
>>63661731
What? Critics fucked #DROPPED the prequals after the screening of Episode 1
>>
>>63663401
What did you think the conversations between R2D2 and C3PO were supposed to be? Serious?
>>
>>63661897
what the chicken dick was that?
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.