[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a more uneven series? At its best, it doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16
File: The Clone Wars.jpg (374 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
The Clone Wars.jpg
374 KB, 1800x1200
Has there ever been a more uneven series?

At its best, it doesn't just blow away the prequels, it rivals the original trilogy in its best moments. At its worst (seldom the case however), it's like the cartoon movie that spawned it, worse than even Episode II.

There are episodes with death and dark, complex themes I'd hesitate to show to a young child or even a sensitive teen, and then there are episodes written for toddlers with Jar Jar, droids and cartoon lizards goofing off.

What it ultimately does however is succeed where the prequels failed: Make you care about these characters and get emotionally involved in the struggle happening on screen.
>>
>>63659855
>that arc where Obi-Wan fakes his own death, has facial reconstruction, changes his voice, and goes undercover as an assassin to compromise a plot to kidnap Chancellor Palpatine
>his codename when he reports in to the Jedi is "Ben"
Fucking GOAT
>>
Asohka should have been in the movies.

That's all I have to say.
>>
>>63659855
Anikan as your main antagonist was a difficult pill to swallow for me simply because of how many ships he crashed/troopers were killed under his command. He crashed a frigate. He probably costed the empire a rediculous amount

Ashooka annoyed me because it always seemed like she had the right answer for everything and was always proving jedis wrong. Kinda of made me wonder, if she's so amazing why is Anikan "the chosen one".

Ended up stopping around season 4

Dooku and Grevious were amazing characters though
>>
File: Appo501stUmbara-TG.png (866 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Appo501stUmbara-TG.png
866 KB, 1920x816
>>63659855
>watching clone wars
>it's a clone episode
>clones invading another planet
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>63659927
>Actually getting a sense how corrupt and clouded in their judgment the Jedi Order becomes as the war drags on, and how increasingly fascist the republic behaves
>Those real world modern day parallels with the war on terror and the dangers and costs involved
>Friends thrown under the bus in the service of politics
>Getting a cute episode about younglings and their adventures, only to be reminded a couple of episodes later that they were essentially recruited as child soldiers, knowing that most of them will be slaughtered

You know, for kids.
>>
File: 1420128863170.jpg (20 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1420128863170.jpg
20 KB, 249x249
>it's a Meebur Gascon episode again
>>
>>63659927
That sounds fucking stupid, desu.
>>
>>63659855

> Watching a show for children and thinking it's deep

ok faggot
>>
File: senator chuchii decal.jpg (75 KB, 1024x652) Image search: [Google]
senator chuchii decal.jpg
75 KB, 1024x652
>senator episodes are detestable but they're usually the only ones that feature Chuchi, and there's this one great moment in one of the last ones where Anakin goes off on a senator he thinks is putting the moves on Padme.
>>
File: Whhhyyyy.jpg (40 KB, 709x391) Image search: [Google]
Whhhyyyy.jpg
40 KB, 709x391
>>63660132
Oh, don't remind me...
Made me miss Jar Jar, and normally I love everything involving Astromechs. And then the series progressed to be darker than it had ever been.
>>
Best arcs

1)Umbara
2)Maul and the mandalores
3)The slave arc
4)Second Battle of Geonosis
5)fives story in season 6

Any episode with fives is pretty much the best.
>>
>>63660302
Any episodes featuring just the Clones in general were great.
>>
>>63660302
>Maul and the mandalores
Everything about that was awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEu_U78XFg4
>those Mandalorians that show up after this scene with Zabrak themed armor
It's a shame that Maul's arc ended so suddenly.
>>
File: FivesHS-Conspiracy.png (631 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
FivesHS-Conspiracy.png
631 KB, 600x800
>>63660302
>Fives
Literally "Check 'em" the character.

>CT-5555, previously known as CT-27-5555 and later known as ARC-5555, was a clone trooper who served in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Because of his clone designation, he was given the nickname Fives.
>>
I loved how it showed that Anakin and Obi-Wan were actually friends. All they did was bitch at each other in the prequels.

>>63660415

Its a shame that the show ended so suddenly. I feel that if it kept going that they would have gotten right up to the start of Episode 3.

Rebels has a lot of work to do if it even wants to come anywhere close to the level of quality of CW.
>>
>watch this scene
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2B7nNblzRY
>think it's silly that Sheev has two lightsabers
>later realize that he actually does have two in RotS, the one that Mace Windu knocks out of his hand and the one he takes out when he fights Yoda
How did I never realize that before?
>>
>>63660458
Honestly, I would have prefered a little bit of bitching. I never really wanted Anikan to be some sort of general, I'd rather him be slightly under Obi wans watch or at least Obi wan always worried about Anikan's involvement.

Anikan isn't some sort of hero
>>
>>63659981
Or at least a main character in fucking rebels. I get they wanted a kid protagonist because it's a disney show for kids, but they could have make Ahsoka Ezras master instead of inventing random jedi Kanan for no reason.
>>
Been watching this, on season 6 now. Season 5 was actually pretty good.
>>
>>63660458
They do bitch at each other in the TV series as well but it's some great banter. Remember how they were when Dooku got shot down and captured? They spent all 3 of those episodes bickering amongst each other however also with the banter we can cleary see they care for each other and are "brothers". Only time we ever see this in the film's is the opening of rots for like 15 minutes.
>>
File: 13932731924202.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
13932731924202.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
>>63659855

The most surprising thing in the entire series is that it made me give a damn about some 3rd string disposable villain.

That bounty hunter episode with the underground train and boba fett is my favorite episode in the whole series, I wish those characters had their own show.
>>
>>63660617
Kanan is literally the only decent character on that show.
>>
>>63660718
Ventress makes my dick hard.
>>
I want to see more Sheev lightsaber duels
>>
>>63660718
Too bad they had to finish off her arc in a book. Oh well RIP lady with the best legs on the show.
>>
>>63660686

I loved those episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl16lC5t9XI

Obi Wan is truly the master of banter.
>>
>>63660563
Wow, I never thought about that either. Huh.
>>
File: wewlad.jpg (74 KB, 362x344) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.jpg
74 KB, 362x344
>>63660258
I would a Senator Chuchi
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxiXU6xXxoI

It makes the force mystical again.
>>
Ahsoka can't be a main character on Rebels. She has to confront Anakin and the only way Vader wouldn't give a shit about his apprentice being out in the world somewhere is if she's dead
>>
>>63661244
There should be an episode late in the show in which he kills her, and after realizing what he has done he starts to look for subtle ways in how he could overthrow the Emperor. Enter a New Hope.
>>
>>63660383
Yeah. Makes us care about these band of brothers that crave nothing more than to carve out their individuality on the battlefield, only to receive a fate worse than they were compelled to dish out. You know, like the prequel movies ought to have worked towards themselves, to make order 66 a harrowing event instead of just a treasonous one.
>>
File: 1449367673930.jpg (17 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449367673930.jpg
17 KB, 640x640
>>63660302

>Umbara
>Rex's reaction when he realizes he was tricked by Krell
>The despair that you could see on every clone's face when they find out that they have been shooting and killing each other instead of impostors

that show got fucking dark
>>
>>63659855
Totally agree
I tried to watch it and the first episode was one of the biggest piles of shit i ever saw.
Someone on here gave me a list of recommended episodes and it really helped.
Some episodes actually had me literally hating even Yoda when he was on screen because they were so fucking bad. Thank god it has high points or it would be the worst show ever.
>>
>>63662646

The only truly bad episodes I can remember were from the first and second season. From season three onward the worst episodes were merely mediocre.

Unless they involved Jar Jar in any way, of course.
>>
>>63659855
I loathe the clone wars because of it's concept.
It's completely non canon, and it's part of this weird George Lucas attempt to make Anakin a misunderstood good guy approach
>>
>>63660563
>that absolute look of despair on Mauls face when his bro dies
Man, I actually felt really bad for him.
I don't even mind the emperor using a lightsaber, because it's clear that he's just fucking around and could kill them with the force at any moment.
>>
>>63662765
Its completely canon though. And it actually made Anakin not painful to watch.
>>
>>63662824
Don't respond to him. I can tell he's one of those fans who unironically believe the OT is the only canon and everything else is trash due to nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>63662765

Where do you get the idea that it isn't canon? It is one of the few things Disney kept in the continuity. And Anakin doesn't come off as a whiny bitch in the show, unlike the movies. It does a great job of showing him slip closer and closer to the dark side as the series goes on, partly in response to the horrors of the Clone Wars, and partly due to the manipulation of Palpatine.
>>
>>63662725
The youngling and Meebur Gascon episodes in season 5 were pretty painful, but then it takes this sudden turn towards being darker than anything we saw in the seasons before.
>>
File: trump to jews.png (125 KB, 492x404) Image search: [Google]
trump to jews.png
125 KB, 492x404
>>63659855

Clone Wars movie is terrible kiddie shit

First season is bad/kiddie with a couple good episodes

Second season is uneven, getting very very good toward the end

All other seasons are GOAT

Clone Wars is so fucking good it makes Episode III good, by fleshing out the characters and explaining what the fuck is going on and why we should care, like the movies don't. Also every clone-centric episode is fucking amazing
>>
File: Star Wars (90).png (3 MB, 1320x1060) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars (90).png
3 MB, 1320x1060
>>63659855

Its better then Rebels that's for sure... Disney has no balls with that show.

Hera is qt though
>>
>>63663039
>All other seasons are GOAT

The Nightsisters episodes and [sic] Savage Opress's origins were pretty fanfic tier, but they evolved into a good thing.
>>
>>63663011

I actually kind of liked the youngling episodes. I thought it was interesting to see them explore a part of the Jedi Order that was rarely seen.
>>
>>63662939
Because there is no way for it to work as canon, it's a bullshit idea for a series that they are calling canon for the Star Wars Rebels tie in, not because it makes any sense
It has all the continuity of a Michale Bay or JJ Abrams movie
>>
>>63663098
>tfw I want to watch Rebels but every time I catch a glimpse of the art style or the retarded spinning lightsabers I throw up in my mouth a little bit and pussy out
Are there any cool Stormtrooper episodes? Is it any good at all?
>>
>>63663150
I liked those parts, I just didn't like the whole "adventure" parts and how young there were considering the importance of that rite of passage.
>>
>>63663184

I just thought that they did it at that age because of the clone wars. Perhaps they needed to hasten their training.
>>
>>63660132
>Design is based off early jar-jar concept art
Of course he's gonna be shit.
>>
File: 1449171712224.png (10 KB, 495x791) Image search: [Google]
1449171712224.png
10 KB, 495x791
>>63663098

It's steadily ok until the last part of season 1, not terrible but not great. Season 1 finale is very good. Season 2 premiere is very good, takes a dip for a couple episodes, and then gets seriously great. The starting cast is a little too small, though, so it really starts kicking ass when Ahsoka and Rex join the crew.

They're on break until January so it's not a bad time to catch up.

And it looks like the art style is drifting back towards Clone Wars in Season 2, which is a godsend. I know they wanted to be closer to the original Ralph McQuarrie concept art but it just doesn't look right to me either
>>
>>63663346
crap, was meant for
>>63663170
>>
>>63663306
That was the in episode excuse, and I wasn't too bothered by it, I just wish we'd gotten a two/three parter about Youngling training, rituals and rites of passages instead of that asinine pirate kidnapping plot where the kids had to save the day.
>>
>>63663346

The lightsabers in that art style just pains me.. no meat to them at all.

>>63663170

No the empire is pathetic in this show like more then the OT

The battles suck too.. I understand is the start of the rebellion but the way the scenes are shot are like the OP but it just does not work.

The OT shot those space fights that way because of limitation the show should not have that limitation.
>>
>>63663346

I hope they get the same funding that the CW had. The animation in Rebels is absolutely atrocious at times. Its so stiff and wooden. The lightsabers also look too thin.

>>63663426

Agreed. I feel that they missed an opportunity there. I disagree with the fact that Hondo was the initial antagonist. Even though his primary motivation is money, I feel that it was somewhat out of character.
>>
File: Image-1.jpg (204 KB, 2048x1069) Image search: [Google]
Image-1.jpg
204 KB, 2048x1069
>>63663470

Yeah. It's annoying as hell, but I notice they are slowly getting fatter in season 2. I understand the creative decision, but it's not a good one.

>>63663506

Word. I notice the animation has gotten a lot better in season 2. Hopefully they'll keep the sort of upward trajectory in quality that they have now, and that CW had.
>>
>>63663139
I liked the Nightsisters because they show another facet of the Dark Side that isn't the Sith pure bat shit insanity.
>>
>>63663740
You mean "Magick"

>Magick was a supernatural technique that allowed a practitioner to wield great power similar to the Force.[1] The Nightsister witches of Dathomir were wielders of magick, with Mother Talzin being the most powerful of the magick-using witches.[2]
>>
>>63662646
I always just recommend the episodes Fives appears in.

>Clone Cadets
>Rookies
>ARC Troopers
>The Citadel
>Counter Attack
>Citadel Rescue
>Darkness on Umbara
>The General
>Plan of Dissent
>Carnage of Krell
>The Unknown
>Conspiracy
>Fugitive
>Orders

We see him go from a rookie to a battle hardened arc trooper and then to a man fleeing the republic and trying to save his brothers. It's a pretty good arc.
>>
>>63664138

Poor fucking Fives, what a shit life he had

His final arc is probably some of the best Star Wars in any media, film or otherwise.

And that whole arc on that planet when the Jedi general was just feeding the clones into the meat grinder and the conversations among themselves

>we do it because it's our duty. Duty and courage are our honor
>is it really honor and courage when we've been designed to obey? We have no choice.but to do our duty
>then it doesn't matter, does it? let's go.
>>
>>63664138

Fives was great, but I liked Echo as well.

The way he went out was fucking stupid though. The episode immediately after that I kept expecting him to reappear, wounded but alive.
>>
File: Echo-A_Distant_Echo.png (352 KB, 640x278) Image search: [Google]
Echo-A_Distant_Echo.png
352 KB, 640x278
>>63664276
Its because he was supposed to appear in season 7. The unfinished episodes got released.
>>
>>63664377

What the fuck did they do to him?
>>
>>63664457
The separatists got a hold of him and experimented on him. Then he got rescued and joined the bad batch squad which is a squad of clones who are fucked up. They also released episodes of Obi Wan and Anakin investing a murder of a Jedi which was pretty good as well. Anakin has the long hair like he did in Rots and we got a scene dealing with how Anakin felt about Ashoka leaving the order.
>>
>>63664548
Where can I get those episodes/scenes?
>>
>>63665153

I am pretty sure that you can find them on youtube.
>>
File: 1449148720068.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1449148720068.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>it's a jar jar, padme, and c3po episode
>>
>>63659855
I've got the series, but have never gotten around to watching it. Is there a complete list of "must watch" episodes? I really don't feel like wading through all the bullshit to get to the good stuff.
>>
It's the other way around, most of the episodes are good and some of them are shit.
>>
>>63665245
>>63665270
meant to reply
>>
File: suvAMuY.jpg (1 MB, 1592x2556) Image search: [Google]
suvAMuY.jpg
1 MB, 1592x2556
>>63665245
I know it's from reddit but here also first 4 episodes of season 6 are a must. Padme and Anakin have like 3 episodes and they are ok, jar jar has two episodes that should be avoided and the last few are very good but not as good as the first 4. Most of the episodes are pretty good just what ever you do avoid anything with droids and jar jar and most of season 1 and 2 is skip-able.
>>
>>63665501
Awesome, thank you.
>>
>>63665501

>return of maul
>honorable mention

But that was a great arc, and provided setup for a few of the arcs in the following season. It is a must-watch.
>>
how many seasons are there?
>>
>>63665650

Six. The final season has few episodes than all of the others though.
>>
>>63665574
You need to also watch the return of maul arc like >>63665628 said

>>63665628
I didn't make just posted it to point out the best episodes and yeah I agree.
>>
>>63663506
Yeah, Hondo willing to murder kids for profit, and then getting a send off at the end of the episode like all was forgiven because he changed his mind... Totally out of character and out of logical sense.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.