[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ meltdown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
image.png
325 KB, 382x417
Question for /tv/ old fags:

Everyone is obviously talking about TFA and its been hyped to no end.
On this board, what's the last film or tv show that caused similar excitement/derision?

Breaking Bad Finale? True Detective Finale?
Avengers? Dark Knight Rises?
>>
File: oc.png (694 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
oc.png
694 KB, 750x1125
>>63655795
This movie 2bh pham
>>
>>63655842
dumb frogposter
>>
Game Of Thrones
>>
>>63655795
The last recent one was Guardians of the Galaxy. Nothing but GOTG threads that whole weekend. Star Wars was something else though because aside from the typical /v/ and /co/ crossposting scum we got /pol/ too.
>>
File: penis.jpg (51 KB, 625x263) Image search: [Google]
penis.jpg
51 KB, 625x263
Lost finale. Prior to that Inception.

There was tons of shit posting from both sides, and the key to a successful troll offense is a good fanboy defense.
>>
>>63655795
Breaking Bad Finale wad actually my first day here. There was a sticky, but it wasn't getting anywhere close to this level of attention
>>
In recent memory, Walking Dead "Glen is dead" meme. All time since I've been here

* Sopranos series finale
* GoT season enders
* walkind Dead season enders
* BrBa Series end
* Dark Knight Rises premier
>>
STANNIS STANNIS STANNIS
>>
>>63656042
Was /tv/ even a thing when Soprano's ended?
>>
don't respond to the newfag
>>
File: refntino.jpg (115 KB, 1152x614) Image search: [Google]
refntino.jpg
115 KB, 1152x614
>>63655795
There were 24/7 Only God Forgives threads

Breaking Bad finale obviously
>>
There was tons of shitposting about interstellar
>>
File: Balls.jpg (152 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Balls.jpg
152 KB, 960x720
>>63655795

lost
drive
true detective

in that order..unless you were abatap..then avatar was the greatest thing to happen in cinema history
>>
Inception was the last movie that got this much attention. But that was AFTER release and because it was easy to troll idiots googling "inception explanation", a lot of those redirected to 4chan, where we made elaborate explanations about quantum physics and hyper-dimensions to confuse them further.
>>
File: tvthrones.png (86 KB, 313x201) Image search: [Google]
tvthrones.png
86 KB, 313x201
>>63655795
Game of Thrones caused a minor disruption when the finale aired. The board had AT LEAST 10 GoT threads per minute.
>>
Avatar, Lost, True Detective, shit like that. Breaking Bad was probably the biggest one in recent history though, but Star Wars brings in posters from everywhere so it's bigger.
>>
>>63655906

This. and tdkr.... once GoT starts back up prepare for 24/7 /got/ generals
>>
>>63656377
I miss my generals. They were so fun
>>
File: 1404725354098.png (101 KB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
1404725354098.png
101 KB, 400x285
All these people saying True Detective sound like newfags that haven't even figured out how to use the catalog. We got some good memes out of it but no way was TD ever board encompassing. McConaughey was on a roll that year and there were tons of threads about him but maybe a third of them were about TD.
>>
>>63655795
Nothing. Pre-fappening /tv/ had threads that lasted for weeks. (Proof: https://archive.org/details/archive-moe-files-201510-tv) There were never phenomena which occupied the entire board for months at a time churning all unpopular posts into the dustbin within the space of 30 minutes, it's never happened before.
>>
Nothing beats the Lost finale, that was nuts
>>
>>63656243
I was thinking of before release.

Inception was kind of turned to shit because husbando and waifu threads were everywhere, and i couldn't even watch the damn thing without seeing Davie masturbating over JGLs underpants in my mind.

It's kinda true that nothing can ape Starwars for pre-release anticipation hype.
>>
Avatar. a shitload of hype leading up to it, a shitload of memes after it.
>>
>>63655795
I don't think there's ever been a shilling campaign anywhere close to that for TFA.
Especially with most of the posters openly hating and the mods openly supporting it, letting many spammed threads to exist, and making stickies in favor of the movie.
>>
>>63655795
The disney marketers have been in overdrive for months.
>>
The day of the TDKR massacre you could see using the neet catalog that /tv/ was literally, LITERALLY talking about nothing besides the shooting, how Nolan was finished, how Bravo Joss had won a month before

>>63656195
>drive
Drive didn't become a big thing here until after the torrents came out and everyone was like, "Wow he's just like me!"

>>63656473
This is true, all the shitposting was kept to a small number of eternal threads, even the day of Daddario's nudes the discussion was surprisingly civil

>>63656569
There was a tripfag called Eames and him and Davey used to gay up threads making jokes about "dreaming a little bigger, darling"

>>63656503
>Pre-fappening /tv/ had threads that lasted for weeks.
lol, only if by pre-fappening you mean somewhere around 2008

>There were never phenomena which occupied the entire board for months at a time churning all unpopular posts into the dustbin within the space of 30 minutes, it's never happened before.
Jesus Christ, why make stuff up if you're so new?
>>
>>63656752
>>63656675
If you lot didn't all use adblockers this situation may not have occurred.
>>
>>63656569
>>63656243
>>63655950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUDjnbOJcdg
>>
>>63656802
>double spaced digest post
>>
>>63656642
I miss that guy who somehow patrolled the board all day and night and immediately knew if someone was shit talking Avatar
>Avatar is shit
>0/10 BUTTHURT

Also I seem to remember Lost got /tv/ pretty riled up for a while
>>
File: Нейтири (89).jpg (143 KB, 1078x1078) Image search: [Google]
Нейтири (89).jpg
143 KB, 1078x1078
>>63656887
>I miss that guy who somehow patrolled the board all day and night and immediately knew if someone was shit talking Avatar
You mean abatap?
>>
>>63656887
Shame he killed himself after someone told him that his blue waifu isn't actually real.
>>
>>63656933
I hope he comes back for abatap 2
>>
File: Безымянный.png (15 KB, 382x448) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
15 KB, 382x448
>>63656956
He didn't, he got tired of /tv/ like most tripfags after the moderation crackdown of 2013
>>
>>63657003
So in the end, he truly was the master of butthurt
>>
>>63656042
>no mention of Lost, Avatar, or Inception
>walking dead ever creating a /tv/ meltdown

Back to fucking reddit.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.