[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Replicants (historically) can immediately "make"/spot/tell/determine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 8
Replicants (historically) can immediately "make"/spot/tell/determine other replicants who are nearby. The only difficulty is among humans spotting replicants in a complex society. Roy knew Deckard was a replicant, and that is the only reason why Roy saved him. This fact totally robs the scene of all of its transcendent, poetic power and Christ-metaphor. You should therefore stop liking this scene if you even did to begin with, and they're both toasters anyway, so it's emptied of emotional content.

"b-but what about Rachel not knowing?" It was expressly engineered not to know what it was, ya dingus. And Deckard was in the same "generation" with her, having also been turned on recently, so similar rules apply for him until Rachel goes "hey what about U, you ever thinka that, huh.
>>
Deckard wasn't a replicant.
>>
>>63655264
the whole things is about replicants getting more human and humans hunting them getting more inhuman
he wasn't a replicant
>>
>>63655540
This.

Roy eventually understood it was inevitable he was going to die, but the only way to live on was in memory. Can't exactly live on in memory when you kill the last person who really knew anything about you.
>>
>>63655540
This

The only reason this debate exists is because Scott is an idiot and can't count.
>>
>Le Deckard is a Replicant maymay
Both the Screenwriter and Ford say he was human. The leaves the answer unknown and up for interpretation, as it fucking should be.
>>
do replicants need to eat food?
>>
https://www.quora.com/Was-Deckard-a-replicant-in-Blade-Runner

I always liked the videogame how whether or not you were a replicant at the end depended on your choices. You could be a hard ass cop and just eliminate everyone, a sympathizer replicant who chooses to run away with your new found brothers or someone who saves the girl to find a new beginning.
>>
>>63655782
that videogame was hugely underrated.

and truth is, she won't live forever, but then again... who does?
>>
>>63655264
Do people actually believe Deckard was a replicant or is it a meme?
>>
>>63655676
Huh?
>>
>>63655782
This is why I think the Workprint Cut is the best version. I'm still a fan of Scott but I do think he has a similar problem to George Lucas in wanting to "perfect" his films. I love the ambiguity the movie originally has.
>>
fuck you it's still a great scene either way
>>
>>63655731
>up for interpretation
that's what people are doinng
they're interpreting
>>
>>63655736
Yes. They're basically manufactured people.
>>
Deckard was not a fucking replicant. Ridley Scott is a senile old faggot desu
>>
>>63656111
I don't know he could not be a replicant, given that Gaff clearly knows his thoughts with the unicorn. Is that just a funny coincidence that has no explanation otherwise?
>>
>>63656111
Problem is if you watch The Director's or Final Cut you're left with the clear conclusion that he could only be a replicant.

I just think a clear conclusion hurts the ending message that there's little difference between Humans and Replicants other than the latter having the tendency to go on nihilistic killing sprees.
>>
>>63656313
I think the Theatrical Cut, while it kind of sucked, did the right thing with the ambiguity. The unicorn was way too much. It really undercuts the main theme of the movie.
>>
If Roy knew Deckard was a replicant, why didn't he tell him?
>>
>>63655997

I know there's like 20 different cuts of the flick, but the Director's Cut (and Final Cut) both Very Strongly Imply that Deckard is in fact a replicant. I'm actually a bit annoyed at /tv/ for not knowing this. Haven't looked at this for awhile but IIRC Scott has personally confirmed this as his "preferred" version of events, hence the above cuts. That is exactly the reason why this post >>63655676 is a stupid post, because his count-thing has little to do with the Deckard-replicant question, especially in the above cuts.

Ford hated the picture (and the voice-over element), which was why he delivered the voice-over in the shittest manner possible, with hopes that it would be cut. Execs, being execs, thought THUH REAL GOOD EXPOSITION-VOICE, GOSH I MUST'VE SAT THERE AND WATCHED ROY FOR HOURS was great, which was how it wound up in the original theatrical cut. I know he's the star and was there for the creative process and all, but I take his opinion (?) just a bit less serious since I know he wasn't crazy about the movie.
>>
>>63655676
That was corrected in the final cut even
>>
>>63656394
While I don't know if OP is right, there are any number of reasons. Maybe Baty didn't want to ruin Deckard's psychology? He's going to die anyways. Maybe he wants his replicant buddy to live a happier life.
>>
>>63656313

>He sarcastically posits that replicants go on nihilistic killing sprees while humans do not

Oh you! Having a meme. :^)
>>
>>63656404
>ford hated the picture
What doesn't ford hate though
>>
>>63655264
>Roy knew Deckard was a replicant, and that is the only reason why Roy saved him. This fact totally robs the scene of all of its transcendent, poetic power and Christ-metaphor. You should therefore stop liking this scene if you even did to begin with, and they're both toasters anyway, so it's emptied of emotional content.
You defeat yourself here.
>>
>>63656404
god, what movie did ford enjoy making?

Indiana Jones? the jack ryans? fugitive?
>>
>>63656655
He enjoys making porches
>>
Deckard is a replicant, end of story. There's too much evidence for him being one at this point, even if it was engineered by Ridley is subsequent cuts. It's his film, I think he's allowed a baseline interpretation of it.

Once one gets passed that, what will really bake your noodle is where Deckard got his memories from. I subscribe to the theory that they came from Gaff.
>>
*Deckard is a replicant of the crippled Blade Runner, Gaff, hence Gaff's resentment of him. The 2 have a psychic link, Gaff hands him an origami unicorn, for unclear purposes, but making it clear he knows what Deckard has been dreaming of

*"You've done a man's job, Sir!" is the highest praise you could give a replicant.

*Deckards dingy apartment is full of the
>>
I want more liefucker?
>>
>>63656987
>*Deckards dingy apartment is full of the

memento mori's replicants obsess over
>>
File: 1449871828413.jpg (29 KB, 343x543) Image search: [Google]
1449871828413.jpg
29 KB, 343x543
>not reading the book

how can you know the true author's intention through the lens of some director's interpretation?

>no buster friendly

drOpped
>>
i still haven't gotten this straight. are replicants legit robots, or just clones?
>>
>>63657065
The movie is better than the book. Dick is a hack who managed to write a decent book 1/10 of the time through sheer luck.
>>
the replicants are an impossible concept in the first place, they have emotions they're not toasters
>>
>>63657116
theyre unnatural humans
>>
>>63657116

Artificial humans, not clones. If they were robotsst they would be easy to detect.
>>
>>63657021
why do people think he says fucker? it's father. it's father in official director's cut subtitles, it's father in pronunciation
also it is not important if deckard is a replicant or not and there is plenty of evidence that he could be human or artificial
also, some people seem to think replicants are androids or robots of some sort. they aren't. they are genetically engineered human beings that are assembled piece by piece instead of grown like a clone
>>
>>63657179
>theyre unnatural humans
>Artificial humans, not clones.
vague af. if they're not robots, and not clones, then what are they?
>>
>>63656898
I'd rather just stick to the original cut and have s far better story.

" he was a robot all along!!!" Is so fucking lame. Hell it wasn't even intentionally ambiguous, it just happened to be and as soon as Scott realised this and that some people thought they were clever seeing deckard as a replicant, he jumped on it like the pleb he is.
>>
You know that Harrison roughly held Sean Young by the back of the head while he shot down her throat in his dressing room. It had to happen.
>>
>>63657228
Artificial humans.
Exactly what it sounds like.

Human in every way, but made in a factory and test tubes.
>>
>>63657228
They're super-humans made from the same materials. They're like genetically engineered.
>>
>>63657065

Because you present a false singularity. Quite the opposite, since a movie and its source text are distinct works /in completely different media/, it is regularly legitimate to interpret the one differently from the other, /even when one knows both works and the plot/characterization details from the one which were not present in the other./

If you want to know the author's intent, read the book, the short story, the original screenplay. If you want to know the director's intent, watch the film. They are two different things. If you want to compare the two, consume both and learn what you can about the history of their creative processes.
>>
>>63657228
each part, like the eyes, the brain, the skin, etc are designed and grown separately as good as possible and then assembled surgically. they are like a frankenstein's monster except instead of made with parts taken from human corpses, they are made from vat grown, brand new and superior genetically modified parts
>>
>>63657065
>author's intent
>mattering
>>
>>63657228
>vague af. if they're not robots, and not clones, then what are they?

A clone is a copy of an individual, the replicants are human-like beings made from living cells, tissue, and organs grown in laboratories in the same way modern scientists have created a mouse with a human ear growing on it's back (google it). Though they can be made physically superior to humans, presumably their bodies somewhat mimic the form and function of a human being, otherwise they would be easy to detect with a medical examination. For example, I'm guessing if you x-rayed them they would appear to have the same organs as a human, functioning normally - heartbeat, circulating blood etc
>>
>>63657192

The "father/fucker" (gee Peaches released an album by that name once...) thing is actually one of the significant differences between Director and Final IIRC, along with a brief "storefront" shot of gogo-strippers gyrating in a cityscape midway through, to help set the seedy scene. Going from memory (might be wrong, a quick IMDB was of no help!)...

Director: "I want more life, FUCKER."

Final: "I want more life, FATHER."

>>63657241

This seems a bit disingenuous since Ridley had recently directed another picture where a "person" was a secret robot-plant, so he had that idea on his front plates. My point being that he had to have had the notion in view throughout, and didn't just do something different as an afterthought.
>>
>>63657241
The film works with Deckard being human or being a replicant. I dont understand why people get so butthurt about it.

And Scott jumping on the fan theory bandwagon is pure speculation on your part. Maybe that's how he saw Deckard from the beginning of the project and for whatever reason, he couldn't convey that in the theatrical cut.
>>
I love this movie but I went in knowing that the "twist" is deckard possibly being a replicant. I was really surprised though that the movie doesn't really explicitly bring this up or ask the question.

The chick robot asks him if he's taken the test for himself but other than that the question of his humanity is only brought up indirectly and isn't the main focus of the story like I thought it would be.

Is it only this way in the final cut?
>>
>>63657601
I've only watched the Final Cut but what it means to be human is a central theme throughout the entire film.
>>
>>63655609
he was though mang the implication of the paper unicorn at the end kind of seals it
>>
>>63657601
it's also subtly suggested when the origami guy makes a unicorn (meaning that he is aware of the unicorn in Deckard's dream), implying that the unicorn was implanted.
>>
>>63657601
The clues that he is a replicant are the most obvious in the final cut, actually.
>>
>>63657685
he also made the matchstick man with the little wooden erection popping out, implying he knew harrison was going to rape sean
>>
File: 1446994503866.jpg (40 KB, 680x848) Image search: [Google]
1446994503866.jpg
40 KB, 680x848
>>63655264
You know why Deck wasn't able to drive his own police car?

Because he's a replicant.

You know that black guy who follows him around?

That's the original deckard, crippled from fighting replicants, presumably.

Why doesn't Deck get hurt fighting replicants? Because he is one?

Why does Deckard have the dream about something, then the black guy puts an oragami of the animal and thing that he is thinking about. It's because those aren't Rep. Deckard's memories, it's his. The unicorn, him finding the woman attractive in the beginning etc. It's why he follows him around and leave the unicorn for him to find at the end, because he wanted him to know that he proved what he thought wrong, that replicants were incapable of being human.

Anyone saying he wasn't a replicant, needs to really watch the fucking movie. Makes sense they would make a replicant who thought it was human to hunt down other replicants. It isn't that hard.
>>
>>63657769
I got those, but I guess what I mean is that the question about what he is is never directly asked or brought up, it's just hinted at. With the way all the fans talk about the movie I thought it would be the major plot point. Like Roy would say something like "Are you sure you're not one of us?" or something then the credit would roll
>>
>>63658014
you've watched too many hollywood movies and are expecting to be spoonfed
>>
>>63655540
This.

Everything after the initial release is just George Lucas levels of backpedalling and changing shit to suit new ideas they liked from retard fans.
>>
>>63655264
Even if that were true, that scene is still fucking amazing
>>
>>63657555
This. Either way the film is about re-evaluating what it means to be human.
>>
>>63658014
maybe you wanted Deckard to run around carrying a huge sign on his back that read: PROPERTY OF DR. ELDON TYRELL, IF LOST RETURN TO TYRELL CORPORATION.

no, less is more
>>
File: peedu.png (464 KB, 1024x426) Image search: [Google]
peedu.png
464 KB, 1024x426
>>63657810
lol never noticed that
>>
>>63657962
holy shit, I haven't seen an entire thread get blown the fuck out like this before, kek
>>
>>63657962
>black guy
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1449717292476.jpg (19 KB, 345x346) Image search: [Google]
1449717292476.jpg
19 KB, 345x346
>>63657810
>>63658210
>>
>>63658072
This isn't true. Ford and Scott disagreed on whether Deckard was a replicant from the beginning. Scott always thought Deckard was a replicant, and once he didn't have to bother with anyone else's opinions he made it obvious.
>>
>>63658265
Been a while since I saw the movie, for all intents and purposes he is the real Deckard anyway, his name is irrelevant and fake. That's why he babysits rep. Deckard, and why he doesn't want him on the case initially.
>>
>>63657962
none of this shit makes sense except point 3.
>>
>>63658309
You're retarded then, they don't fully trust Rep. Deck, that's why the original Deck drives him around and watches him, he doesn't trust him either.

Rewatch the movie with everything I said in mind.
>>
>>63656404
who /onlyeverwatchedtheNon-Narratedcut/ here?
>>
>>63658309
thick skulls are tough to crack anon
>>
>>63658382
I know man, that guy he was replying to completely nailed it.
>>
>>63658379
me, not even gonna bother on narrated cuts
>>
File: 1406305223406.jpg (456 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1406305223406.jpg
456 KB, 1920x1080
Best ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBkMVelmb08
>>
>>63657685
>>63657810
>>63658210
>>63658272
Nah, it's because the nigger IS Deckard, and has the same reoccurring dream, and knows when he will be attracted to someone, what he's thinking, etc.
>>
File: deckard driving.gif (1 MB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
deckard driving.gif
1 MB, 640x264
>>63658342
>>63658342
i've seen it about 5 times. gaff is a blade runner, and may be chaperoning him, but he isn't the original deckard.

the point about unable to drive is just wrong since he is shown driving multiple times (remember the kids/midgets trying to steal parts as he called sebastian's place?) and some of the other replicants have roles manning vehicles, so there is no link regardless.

the unicorn point you made is a huge leap in logic and could be a reference to a common image seen by replicants in general, or symbolism for another theme in the film
>>
>>63658454
not a nigger, he's a spic with bad acne scars
>>
>>63658454
You're probably memeing a bit too far here for mainstream acceptance. I think it does make sense if Gaff's memories were the ones implanted into Deckard, but it's equally probable that Gaff was just in charge of supervising the whole Deckard project and thus had access to whatever was implanted in him.
>>
>>63658539
REKT
E
K
T
>>
>>63658539
ye, not buying into the Gaff is Deckard theory yet too.
>>
>>63658539
I'm not that guy, but you are a moron if you think that the unicorn thing is just a coincidence. Deckard just happens to very blatant unicorn dreams throughout the movie that make no sense? And then Gaff makes a unicorn origami figure for another, entirely unrelated reason? I don't think that guy's right on his other points, but it's clear via the unicorn that Deckard is a replicant.
>>
>>63658437
My nigga, the soundtrack and cityscape in the movie are superb.
>>
>>63658539
How do you know he isn't the original Deckard? There is no proof otherwise, considering how he follows him literally everywhere and doesn't want him on the case in the beginning, because he doesn't trust replicants. It's not that replicants cant drive, it's just they don't want to give a cop that IS a replicant that kind of freedom since they still consider him a second-rate citizen. There are multiple origamis made by Gaff, each one representing the emotional state that Deck is in because that's exactly how he would feel. I believe he makes a chicken in the beginning because he know's if he was in his shoes he would be scared. The unicorn is icing on the cake, considering it is nowhere implied that a Blade Runner would know about a recurring dream of replicants, now THAT is a leap in logic. The logical explanation is that it's his memories implanted into him, which is why the girl asks if he's ever taking the turing test before, and why he's so defensive when asked. Pretty simple stuff.
>>
>>63656404
>Ford hated the picture

What else is new?

>(and the voice-over element), which was why he delivered the voice-over in the shittest manner possible, with hopes that it would be cut.

Retcon.

What happened was that he got paid and wanted to say "see ya later fuckwads" and some exec said "not so fast, if you want your shekels you need to provide VO work" and Ford defaulted to the grumpy movie hating retard he is and gave 0 effort.
>>
>>63658664
Aye. Vangelis really ties it all together.
>>
>>63658640
Not that guy, but he didn't deny the point that Deckard is a replicant, he questioned the theory that Deckard has Gaff's memories.
>>
>>63658741
Oh, I must've misinterpreted those last sentences. My bad.
>>
>>63658640
Research the mythos and symbolism surrounding unicorns a bit. They are the masters of the dream world and their presence is associated with bells ringing, which we hear multiple times throughout the film. There is significant meaning attached to the creature and its inclusion in the Final Cut could be part of a meta-narrative not to be taken at face value or even as a plot point. The film is laden with imagery and I personally feel that its themes and atmosphere are far more important than trying to "figure out" a relatively straight forward and linear story.
>>
How does Harrison Ford always end up in great movies that he doesn't give a flying fuck about
>>
>>63658807
Or Gaff had that dream multiple times before, and knew Deck was having the same ones, kek.
>>
>>63658689
Yes, sure. An expert on hunting down replicants has no idea how replicants think or operate. Truly a huge leap in logic. How you explain that Deckard drives around on his own in several scenes in the film? Or are you now just backpedaling and trying to link it to your little Gaff is Deckard theory?
>>
>>63658810
You know how Harrison's characters never seem to give two fucks? It's because that isn't acting.
>>
>>63658807
I agree with your points on the imagery. The unicorns definitely add to the symbolism and aren't just there to make the replicant point. But there is absolutely no way that they don't simultaneously make the replicant point unless you are willfully refusing to make the mental connection.
>>
>>63658810
He has a good agent.
>>
>>63658873
Sure he does, but I'm talking in the beginning, when they are still deciding whether or not to let him on the case. The didn't let him drive for like half the movie because he's a replicant, and neither the force or Gaff fully trust him. Simple, simple stuff man, keep up.
>>
File: bates.jpg (23 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
bates.jpg
23 KB, 500x385
>>63658888
quads confirm for Harrison not giving a fuck
>>
>>63658888
I can't say I've seen every Harrison Ford movie but what I have seen I guess I can slightly see that

>>63658915
It just always seems weird to me how little he actually cares about the movies he is in. He obviously must enjoy acting to some extent but god damn man cheer up
>>
>>63658873
It's a pretty big leap honestly to think that he knows of a specific dream that replicants have considering it is nowhere mentioned anywhere in the film at all.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXRlGULqHxg
>>
>>63658891
I don't care either way. But the unicorn is not explicit or objective proof that Deckard has been implanted with Gaff's memories as some people seem to be suggesting. More likely it implies that Gaff, a blade runner, is aware of Deckard's memories in the way that Deckard has access to Rachel's recollection of the spider outside her window. However, I could also accept that the unicorn is just a image Scott included several times in different forms to challenge our notion of reality, consciousness and humanity; simply for its own sake.
>>
>>63658935
not him but ur mad af and backpedalling like a bitch lel
>>
But Deckard is the definiton of the Human, making mistakes, weak, slow, tired, out of breath, showing a lot of emotions and facial expressions, dressed normally...
>>
>>63659021
I agree that they're not Gaff's memories. I've also thought that Gaff knows about Deckard in the same way Deckard knows about Rachel. Your last point would be too coincidental for my tastes, but it's all good.
>>
>>63659060
Not really honestly, he couldn't refute my other points, and still can't explain why Gaff made origamis coinciding with Deckard's emotional state/dreams. They didn't let him drive for the first half of the film because they didn't trust him, since he's a replicant. And it's why Gaff treats him like shit, because he's being replaced by one.
>>
>>63659082
Which means what exactly? They have a test to determine if someone is a replicant because they are so alike. What's your point kek?
>>
>>63659111
>You know why Deck wasn't able to drive his own police car?
>Because he's a replicant.
is now
>they didn't let him drive for the first half of the film because they didn't trust him, since he's a replicant

13 year old buttmad autist confirmed
>>
>>63659082
That's one of the central themes, the line between human and replicant are blurred. Now compare him to say, a character like Tyrell, honestly throughout the film he shows less emotion and facial expression than the replicants.
>>
>>63655264
shits on everything the movie's about.
>man is little more than his job. a human that acts like a machine
>man has to hunt down a machine who fashions himself a man
>man is taught humanity by the outsider, shown there is more to being human than just meat
>nah, it's about a robot being a robot who hunts robots and is carefully trained to spot robots but learns nothing about the fact that he's a robot because robosecrets. beep boop.
>>
>>63659187
I didn't say they didn't let him drive in the film, I was obviously referring to the beginning of the film, because that's when it's obvious they are treating him differently for some reason, reason being he's a replicant. Still can't refute my other points though which is nice, so I guess I win kek.
>>
>>63659215
>robot

That's honestly the most retarded way to put it, considering that the film is putting humanity into question and whether or not "robots" that are sophisticated enough could be just like us, putting our own concept of humanity into question. Beep boop, kek, fucking retard.
>>
>>63659111
If Gaff knew Deckard's memories because Deckard was a replicant, and Deckard knew Rachel's memories because she was a replicant, then where does it end? Maybe Gaff is a replicant too? There is not proof that he isn't. Maybe Gaff wasn't even hurt on the job and his handicap is caused by nearing his 4 year life span, in the same way that Roy started losing control of his body near the end. So Gaff the replicant is training his replacement. These are all just theories and are meaningless. The problem is you are getting frustrated and antagonistic when people poke holes in your points.
>>
>>63655264
>Replicants (historically) can immediately "make"/spot/tell/determine other replicants who are nearby
Wait what? Was that line in the movie? I dont remember.

I always got the impression the test were made up, that there was no way to tell the newest versions apart form humans.

Then again i read the book so that might skew my impression, in it Deckard was a psychopath killer, his test were proven to be bullshit at every step, but it was ok since SPACE JESUS gave him a thumbs up. Man, Dicks books are a trip, you can tell the guy liked to get high as kite when writing them.

Anyway, i dont think matters to teh plot if he was an replicant or not, o think he didnt. But i think Roy saved him since he appreciated life much more than anybody in his last moments.
>>
>be OP and have a tongue-in-cheek troll-meme that I don't even personally believe, but not with an intent to enrage, just stir the pot a bit

>108 replies

>hot opinions and substantive discussion ensue without derailment

This is one of the most successful threads I've faggot'd in maybe a year, th-thanks guys.
>>
>>63658309
even the third point is shit

Batty makes a point of snapping two of Deckard's fingers during the final showdown
>>
>>63659321
That's because she let him use the machine to see her thoughts. Deckard never allowed that, he had never taken the turing test. So how could Gaff now considering that Deckard has never been tested before. Because it's not his memories.
>>
>>63659335
Eh you welcome buddy-man.

I think people just like talking about the movie you know, its a good one.
>>
>>63659350
Think about when he's fighting the big replicant, forgot his name, that guy killed someone in an instant earlier in the film, and he goes toe to toe with him for like 5 minutes. Of course replicants can be hurt, they are resilent though and obviously more physically capable than humans.
>>
>>63657065
>>not reading the book
The movie has little to do with the book outside of sharing some overarching themes, concepts and character names.

You will learn nothing more form reading the book.

That and the movie is fucking miles better than the book, its that rare case where a mediocre book gets turned into a good movie.
>>
>>63659238
The only hole in that is I would think it would be difficult to implant memories into someone who looked different than their memories - it would be like waking up one morning, looking in the mirror, and you look completely different.

Personally I would keep it simple: Deckard is a replicant of Deckard - either killed in the line of duty or actually retired. Gaff used to be Deckard's partner (hense his knowledge of Deckard).

I guess the other possibility is the real Deckard was killed and they transplanted his memories into a replicant (maybe it's something they do for certain people - I bet Tyrell gets a replicant).

See? Isn't this speculation MUCH better than getting a prequel and having it all explained?

There is no point going through your other points.
>>
>>63659397
Sure there is, because that would be weird for his partner to know the "original Deckard's dreams".

>Hey bro what do you dream about
>Deckard: Unicorns man here pass the blunt

I mean come the fuck on, those dreams are deeply personal and non-sensical, he knew because they were his memories, simple.
>>
>>63659397
This. If Deckard had Gaff's memories he'd recognize him instantly.
>>
>>63659397
lol fucking REKT
>>
>>63659446
Not necessarily, he could've just been given the persona of Deckard, not the actual appearance in his mind.
>>
>>63656404

Good to know I wasn't tripping when I found the VO to be entirely disgusting and out of place.
>>
>>63659478
You really are reaching here.
>>
>>63659488
jesus, you take some fucking leaps.
>yeah sir, just download the persona and transfer it over. Yeah, right there. the persona memories. Only "persona". Don't wanna confuse the poor bastard.
>>
>>63659238
To believe Deckard is a replicant you must assume:

That Gaff left the unicorn. (Silly, as of course he did, but we never see it do we?)

That Gaff's unicorn origami was referring to Deckard's dream. (I always took it to reference Rachel. Telling Deckard to realize what he had found with her, replicant or not.)

That either Deckard's unicorn dream was a memory, or that dreams can also be implanted into replicants (and not just a piece of imagery as someone else suggested).

That there is a "file" containing replicant's memories/dreams. (We never see this.)

That Gaff had access to this "file."

The off screen movie it would take to explain this would be longer than the actual movie.
>>
>>63659562
lmao
>>63659530
you have to be 18 to post here friend
>>
>>63659571
Or...or, that those are personal memories and dreams that Gaff has. Easy.

>>63659562
Consider this, they can implant memories into replicants right? Obviously because some believe they have families, hell even Deckard has a family, it's heavily implied that this may be implanted as well. So why is it so hard to think that the process can be selective?

>>63659611
Read ^^^
>>
>>63656205

I always thought that the unicorn implied that Gaff was questioning Deckard's love for a replicant, that it was him chasing a dream or fantasy, since she wasn't "real".
>>
Beep Beep Boop
Authoritharian government ran by corporations
Beep Boop
Punks l337 hackers
Beep Beep
Neon signs, whores, drugs
Hurrdurr anarchy
Le robot that feels human, le human that feels robot

Is cyber punk the most pleb genre out there? Well, probably the second most pleb genre if we consider steam punk a genre and not just a design choice.

All cyber punk works are exactly the same shit. Consider suicide if you enjoy them.
>>
>>63659661
how can u have a memory detatched from the actual person man
its crazy
>>
>>63659440
>Sure there is, because that would be weird for his partner to know the "original Deckard's dreams".

>confirmed never having a partner, professionally or personally
>>
>>63659706
its because he is some autistic man child clinging to his fan theory like his life depended on it
>>
>>63659699
How can you artificially construct a life-like human being and implant false memories into him? That's just like far our maaaannnn.

>>63659706
How about the other Origamis if you aren't with me here, he called every emotional state he was in with each one like he knew exactly what he was feeling if he were to be in his shoes.
>>
>>63659740
so gaff had an affair with tyrell's real niece and also raped her so he knew his replicant clone would do the same? and the penis having matchstick man showed that? cool
>>
>>63659767
No, it's just that he knew that he was attracted to her, just like in the beginning with the chicken, he knew why he was acting like that, because he had or would've been the same in his shoes, scared. Simple.
>>
>>63659740
If you just make up stuff never mentioned in the film to explain your theories, then you might as well say that Deckard was a 1000 year old vampire. It'd explain why the movie spends so much time during the night!
>>
>>63659740
>How about the other Origamis if you aren't with me here, he called every emotional state he was in with each one like he knew exactly what he was feeling if he were to be in his shoes.

If deckard was a replicant of gaffs partner, then it would be believable. Being blade runners would require above average perception. The bond created by placing your life in someone elses hands is incredibly deep so reading your friend would be easy.
>>
>>63659832
What if Gaff is the replicant helping Deckard (post car-accident and having lost his memory) get back into the job. And Gaff has Deckard's memories because he was the temporary replacement while Deckard was in a coma recovering. Gaff is pissed because he will be put out of commission now that Deckard is back but bemused since Deckard is falling in love with the replicants he has spent his career hunting.
>>
>>63659859
That's fair, but the unicorn? Come on, Gaff may have had that dream when working a really hard case, he knew he was having it at that particular time frame, that's why he made the unicorn.

>>63659832
Follow me here, replicants have four year life spans, yet some believe they have had families and childhood memories. The only way this could be possible is if their memories were implanted.
>>
>>63659663
That's reasonable. I think that's true on some level (and I think the fact that Deckard dreams of the unicorn hits the exact same point). But it's too much for me to accept that Gaff just thinks of the exact same symbol as Deckard for this point.

>>63659571
I think this whole post is a stretch. There is clearly a file for each replicant with their memories/dreams, since Deckard knows of Rachel's memories (from that file--the baby spiders). There is no reason to think that Gaff wouldn't have access to Deckard's file if Deckard has access to Rachel's.
>>
>>63659912
Yes, implanted from a double, like Rachel from Tyrell's niece. Not from a totally different person.
>>
>>63659944
Or like Gaff and Deckard?
>>
>>63655264
In the FINAL CUT deckard has a vision of a unicorn. Later there's the origami of the unicorn because the memory was not his own. Deckard is replicant, simple as that.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.