[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Find flaws in movies you like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
3rd act isn't as good as the first 2
>>
File: hemsworth blackhat.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hemsworth blackhat.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
No Moby song.
>>
>>63653031
Is that matt stone playing steve jobs lol
>>
File: childhood2.webm (3 MB, 1780x1000) Image search: [Google]
childhood2.webm
3 MB, 1780x1000
>>63653031
TOO

FUCKING

SAD
>>
>>63653031
the first act is good, but the next one is better
>>
>Evil Dead 2

The group should have been introduced until they arrive at the cabin. Cutting to the airport and later then to meeting the redneck and his waifu feel out of place and ruin the pace a bit.
>>
>>63653031
What's wrong with the 3rd act?
>>
>>63653937
It's out of nowhere, random, and frenetic, like the rest of the film. The first is what you want.
>>
>>63654411
Second act is amazing. When Steve confronts Scully, and you have the 2 arguments going on at the same time.

I feel like if a director who didn't have ADHD had directed/edited the movie, it would've been a lot better.
>>
>>63654499
Again, EDII's essence is that it feels like a hyperactive child made it. The first has more of a sense of dread.
>>
File: sister-act-acte2-07-g.jpg (103 KB, 1200x777) Image search: [Google]
sister-act-acte2-07-g.jpg
103 KB, 1200x777
>>63654063
Not as good as sister act.
>>
File: off switch.gif (3 MB, 612x261) Image search: [Google]
off switch.gif
3 MB, 612x261
Vincent should have finished the job and escaped. I know why it had to be like this, but I still feel like it put a damper on the end of the movie for me.
>>
File: V7S6d.jpg (42 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
V7S6d.jpg
42 KB, 500x379
>>63653031
This could have been his best movie since 28 Days Later if not for the "LOL I NEED LOVE TOO" bullshit of the final half of this film.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 480x720
The studio cut out some NC 17 shit that really would've solidified this as a classic. They didn't go far enough.
>>
>>63654611
Or just have a better ending than Jamie Foxx killing a professional hitman in a shootout because of reasons
>>
>>63653031

ashton kutcher was better
>>
>>63654063
It's essentially the most pro-Steve Jobs part of the film. You could kind of tell that Sorkin realized he couldn't tell it exactly like it was -- he had to make him look *kinda* good or else he'd be out of a job.

The clearest example is how the ending is "...and that's why he made the iPod."

The Social Network never really pulled its punches, although Zuckerberg was/is much less of an ass than Jobs.
>>
I think there was a missed opportunity to have the final scene be a really horrific murder that is revealed to have been orchestrated by Bloom. It really felt like it was building up to him doing absolutely anything to get the juiciest story and I really thought he was going to organise to have his assistant (who had been setup as a lowlife bum who probably had no friends/family) killed.

Maybe it's a little melodramatic but thats what I think.
>>
>>63654770
this
>>
>>63656991

>I really thought he was going to organise to have his assistant (who had been setup as a lowlife bum who probably had no friends/family) killed.

...but...that is what happened?

Did I just get Berenstained?
>>
>>63656991
>I think there was a missed opportunity to have the final scene be a really horrific murder that is revealed to have been orchestrated by Bloom.

he already killed the assistant this would have just been repetitive
>>
>>63657272
it is, but I mean Louis literally paying someone to brutally murder him while Louis films the whole thing. It would have shown how much of a sociopath he was and would have been his downfall. He wouldn't realise that it was going too far and would give himself away. It would have added a dynamic to his character as opposed to just getting away with it.
>>
>>63654770
>Vincent fails to find Max and what's her name because he gets on the wrong train

Then they go off in seperate directions, both having learned a lot from one another. But Vincent doesn't care because he's still a sociopath.
>>
>>63656824
I agree completely.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.