[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6
File: 2_img_inset.jpg (741 KB, 1998x1080) Image search: [Google]
2_img_inset.jpg
741 KB, 1998x1080
>>
>>63651022
I have about as much respect for Birdman as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

It is Reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than meme's enjoyed by simplistic pledditors.
I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the capeshit redditory Reddit show that is birdman.
I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.
>>
>>63651022
very meme
>>
>>63651022
would have been better if Edward Norton was replaced with a black guy
>>
>>63651055
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Rb2umevq67
>>
>>63651055
Your argument is waterproof.
>>
>>63651022

never saw it, isn't it just generic capeshit?
>>
I'd like to explain what the movie "Birdman" is actually about so that people can understand this great film better. Observe the poster for the film: You'll notice that 'Birdman' is perched upon Michael Keaton's head. This has a specific Occult meaning: The Reptilian alien that possesses humans is called 'Number 6'. Number 6 is often depicted as a head upon a head just as we see in this image. Birdman is actually Number 6 who possesses Michael Keaton in the film. Many humans in our world are possessed in this way. They all function as a global conspiracy called '666'. The reason they are called '666' is because they ALL host Number 6 - who uses them to govern the planet Earth on behalf of The All Seeing Eye. These people are called 'BioDigitals' because they are biological humans with a digital Reptilian alien intelligence inside their minds.
The BioDigitals are the actors of our world and the planet is the stage - which is what the film's allegory is about. For example, in one scene, we see the actress Naomi Watts in her dressing room...There is a hand on her dressing table which is making the '666' hand gesture. And in the scene where Michael Keaton is outside in his underwear, we see the All Seeing Eye looming over him to indicate that he is controlled by this god-like entity. We also see the 'Phantom Of The Opera' poster with a mask displayed often in the movie...This refers to the Occult theme of 'The Masquerade' because the BioDigitals consider themselves to be an alien in disguise wearing the mask of a human face. The very word 'Occult' refers to 'The Secret Order Of The Eye' because 'Oc' means 'Occular' and Cult means 'secret order'.
When we hear the gravelly voice of Birdman talking in Keaton's head, that's actually the voice of Number 6 - the indwelling Reptilian alien. Number 6 has governed the Earth for a long time
>>
>>63651022
Straight up ass.

Turned that shit off 20 minutes into it...
>>
I enjoyed it, but I can understand the hate
>>
I wish they would've used Batman instead ripping Birdman and completely changing him.
>>
>>63651055
>>63651177
>>
Shitting on PTA got old, shitting on Inarritu is the new meme
>>
Lemme tell you what it's about:

>White man fails as father
>Because pursues dream of fame
>Because enticed by cultural elites in Hollywood and New York
>Eventually becomes unable recognize love and life a satisfying life
>"saves" himself through repeated suicides
>never escapes the curse
>eventually succumbs
>his failure is consummated in getting a nose job

The movie is basically about how Jews fuck up White Patriarchal society.
>>
I didn't really like it, but can't remember exactly why. I guess that's another problem in itself.
The critic scene was the most embarrassing strawman I've ever seen in a movie.
>>
File: BirdPleb.png (6 KB, 598x117) Image search: [Google]
BirdPleb.png
6 KB, 598x117
>>63651022
When I saw my faggot "lolrandum" attention whore classmate from high school praising it, I knew I had to stay the fuck away from this movie.
>>
>>63651022
I don't get why /tv/ hates it. It's a movie literally shitting on capeshit, like /tv/ does.
>>
>>63651509
>pausing a movie to shitpost
>on social media
fucking hell
>>
>>63651836
because its popular. this board would hate water if it wasnt essential
>>
>>63652002
>he drinks water
What a fucking retard. You can live only with juice and beer.
>>
>>63651836

We all liked it last year in the months of August to like November. Then when it started to gain Oscar traction and Reddit was hyping it up, /tv/ turn it's back on it.

I still remember the discussions about how great this anti-capeshit was. Then all of the sudden it was considered crap and reddit. I dunno, I'll never understand. I do think that if it hadn't been in the Oscar running, hadn't won anything and remained an underdog, /tv/ would love it.
>>
>>63651403
I'd say the part about labels and memeing summed up pretty well what goes down in media at large. I don't know if there are any critics in the theatre scene with as much influence as that. There sure aren't in the flick review industry though, if you want to read it as a metaphor for that.
>>
>>63651353
This is why /tv/'s critique cannot be taken seriously
>>
I liked it, thought it was a really good film. Solid acting, themes, music, the screenplay was great

Inarritu is a fantastic director and I can't believe all the plebs on /tv/ bash him. He has made terrific films.
>>
>>63651022
birdman is pretty well made and an interesting technical accomplishment that does not hold up. it tries to mask the fact that it has nothing to say with vagueness and 'playing both sides,' but the fact that you can't even tell if his play is actually supposed to be good or not is a big problem.
>>
The biggest problem with Birdman is that movies that try to be plays actually need good dialogue. It's dialogue was pure shit, and it made is incredibly cringey and unwatchable.

It doesn't help its case when you make Edward Norton (your best actor) an unlikeable one dimensional douchebag with no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>63655964
>JIDF detected
>>
>>63655964
You mean /pol/'s that's clearly a crossposter
>>
>>63656271
>responding to a redditor

go back to reddit, please
>>
>>63651055
Nice pasta
>>
>>63651022
>/tv/ liked it some time after its release
>Now they pretend to hate it

Just like Guardians of the Galaxy....
>>
>>63656438
>you are le reddit
>no! you are le reddit
>go back to le reddit
Literally cancer
>>
>>63655964
Sorry you're a philistine
>>
>>63656123
m8, you might be clinically retarded.
>>
I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>63651022
Fucking awful. Pretentious, overwrought, cynical garbage. Oscar bait, because Hollywood loves movies about itself. Also, shitting on theatre.

Left me cold as ice.
>>
Pretentious shit
>>
>>63651836
>we'll fight capeshit by being capeshit!

Typical idiot redditor, sees the world in black and white
>>
>>63656664
>shitting on theatre
As if you give a shit about theatre, Tim
>>
>>63656758
You haven't seen it, so why do you shit on it?
>>
>>63651022
>38 replies
>no bawls

SMELLS LIKE BAWLS
>>
It's not a real superhero movie so /tv/ doesn't like it.
>>
>>63656524
>the le meme
>implying you're not the cancerous reddit menace
>>
>>63656803
this
>>
>>63651022

It was good but Whiplash was much better.
>>
>>63656803
this desu senpai
>>
File: kill yourself faggot.jpg (58 KB, 751x418) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself faggot.jpg
58 KB, 751x418
>>63656804
>crying reddit left and right
>using ad hominem every chance he gets
>can't into irony
Just off yourself, my man
>>
>>63656982
>i was only pretending to call someone reddit
This is literally how retarded you sound.
>>
Its a shitty superhero movie so /tv/ doesn´t like it
>>
>>63651055
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VkrlmpOw3R
>>
>>63657027
Woah! Now he stopped making sense.
Bravo
>>
>>63651334
oh man i'm happy i wasn't here for shitting on PTA
>>
The only thing i didn't like in the movie was the soundtrack.

Everything else was 5/5.

Together with Nightcrawler, it was the best movie that came out on 2014 imo.
>>
>>63656524
as is
>you are /pol/
>no you go back to /pol/
etc

reddit and /pol/, let's avoid using each as a meme, yeah? :^)
>>
>>63657171
>can't into the B R A V O meme
Retard confirmed for redditor
>>
I was incredibly stoned when I watched it and nodded off for part of it. From what I did see I enjoyed, especially that opener where the light hits that guy's head and Michael Keaton is all muh production.
>>
>>63657246
Except you can easily spot crossposter from /pol/, i've seen several threads of people shitting on The Wire because it has niggers in them. That speaks for itself
>>
>>63657291
>/tv/ is so inundated with redditors that you can barely notice their presence

My how /tv/ has fallen...
>>
>>63657319
>My how 4chan has fallen...
FTFY, welcome to 2008.
>>
>>63657252
I wasn't memeing though, you clearly are.
I don't think you know what bravo means outside the meme context
>>63657319
>/tv/ is so inundated with redditors that you can barely notice their presence
I didn't imply that at all
>>
>>63657194
I like Birdman, but I won't call it "the best" I feel it's a little too gimmicky with the one take illusion and the CGI explosions near the end.
>>
>>63657428
Yes you did. Clearly the only reason that it's easy to spot a /pol/ crossposter is because they are the minority on their own terf
>>63657428
How is it a meme to say that someone is memeing? How retarded can you get?
>>
>>63657516
>terf

>God: how do you want your brain?
>anon: JUST fuck my shit up!
>God: say no more!
>>
>>63657516
>the only reason that it's easy to spot a /pol/ crossposter is because they are the minority
Nah, it's because they're not subtle about it, reddittors some times kinda blend in, but well, given the current state of /tv/ everyone is a redditor in their own way.
>>
>>63657841
I'd like to see you say that you're not memeing your way through this thread. I make one typo, and you think I'm retarded. You can't make a post without memeing like an asspie, but you think you're a regular fucking Einstein. Just get the fuck offline if you're gonna keep this memeshit up, spouting it outta your stupid ass keyboards that probly aren't even mechanical. Listen, you idiot, you really don't know shit. I dare you try to memeing some dumbfuck joke one more time. I fucking dare you.
>>
>>63657939
Yum yum, delicious pasta!
>>
>>63651022
less a movie and more a flick, but still decent despite your semantic misrepresentation
>>
>>63657877
>implying you're not proving my point

Some Einstein you fucking are, chump.
>>
>>63657939
That wasn't me you stupid fuck
>>
>>63657970
It was 100% a movie.
>>
>>63657968
>implying

Lurk moar
>>
>>63658003
>being the newestfag
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63657997
Well isn't that easy to say.
>No, I'm not the retarding sperging this thread through with memes
Never any fucking accountability. You chickenshit faggot.
>>
>>63658019
How does that even make sense? Are you saying that I didn't type up what I typed up? Tell me more about me, Mr. Wizard. On second thought, just get the fuck outta here back to reddit, bitchstain.
>>
>>63651176
far from it. i recommend you watch it right now and mind the flak it gets on /tv/, this is a small minority that should be taken with a grain of salt
>>
>>63658057
[retardation intensifies]
>>
>>63658124
nice meme
>>
>>63657972
How exactly am i proving your point?
I'm pretty sure the actual fraction of people who actually browse reddit and /tv/ is prety thin, reddit is just an isult in this board
>>63658026
This is an anonymous website, i might be him or not, you'll never know for sure
>>
>>63658156
>only a small fraction of /tv/ browses reddit
>everyone is a redditor
Make sense out of that.
>>63658156
Prove it.
>>
>>63651022
I enjoyed pretty much everything about the film, except the ending. The use of the one shot edit was pretty well used to parallel his inability to separate his own realities. It was a little to self-referential, but again, that was part of the purpose. The ending was awful though, and I feel if they had just cut it after the suicide shot, it would have been much more impactful than the half-assed "got em!" ending they tacked on. Loved the jazz drums, too.
>>
File: bunk_smh.gif (2 MB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
bunk_smh.gif
2 MB, 267x200
>>63658193
>>only a small fraction of /tv/ browses reddit
>>everyone is a redditor
You really are dimwitted, aren't you?
Literally in the next sentense i say it's an insult, not an actual thing. Christ
>Prove it.
You want me to put on a tripcode?
Not gonna happen, pal
>>
>>63658322
>current year
>getting trolled
>>
>>63658389
>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED HAHAHA HE ACTUALLY BELIEVED IT THE CRAPPER
>>
>>63658458
>cap angry
>>
>>63658287
>after the suicide shot
Where he jumps or when he shoots?
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.