[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>From my point of view, the Jedi are evil! What did he mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: anakin.jpg (31 KB, 480x460) Image search: [Google]
anakin.jpg
31 KB, 480x460
>From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63641899
Dubs
>>
>>63641899
LE may may :D
>>
>>63641899
Inhumanly bad writing.
It would have more sense if instead:
>Anakin! Chancelor Palatine is evil!
>I don't care! All that matters is power! Power that the Jedi were too weak to teach me!
>>
>>63642184
you're almost as bad at dialogue as lucas
>>
>>63641899
Moral relativism, the founding principle of the Sith ideology. They are beyond concepts like "good" and "evil", and care only for power, even if it means committing morally abhorrent acts like killing their own masters / apprentices. >>63642184 put it better than Lucas did. Or, as Sheev himself says in RotS, "good is a point of view."

Only Jedi deal in absolutes.
>>
>>63642738
"Almost as bad" is still better
>>
IT'S OVER ANAKIN I HAVE THE HIGH SAND
>>
>>63642935
YOU WERE THE SPECIAL GUY.
>>
Just finished reaatching this. What the hell were they thinking with the lightsaber fights? Some are entertainigly over the top, but then others are just...awkward. It just looks like two grown men holding hands and making grunting noises. Especially when Dindu fights Sheev.

Lucas is a hack.
>>
>>63642184
>>63642738
He may suck, but let's face it, no line of dialogue was going to make this work. He went from a good goy to killing children for basically no reason.

>ma pregnant wife

He should have killed palpatine as soon as he admitted he had no fucking idea how to save Padme, which was basically right after Mace Windu got rekt
>>
>>63641899

Yoda: "You can't do shit about people you care about dying even though you have magical force powers. Fear and all that shit yadda yadda (please don't point out that we're all fucking terrified of being tempted to the dark side)."

Sheev: "You got hella force powers, let's use them to save your sexy wife, who I'm totally cool with you being with because I'm not a hypocrite who tells you that you're not allowed to love but it's cool for you to do actual dark side-y things like fighting in a huge ass war."
>>
>>63643051

He lost his faith in the Jedi Order already, which you wouldn't know because the writing was such trash.
>>
>>63643051
Someone on /v/ earlier today put it well, saying after factoring in the cartoon series and Anakin having all these accolades and being a head honcho in the Jedi club, he was still being treated like a little kid by everyone else, and the only friend he had when Kenobi was out doing errand was Palpatine, so when other Jedi are talking shit on the only person giving Anakin support, it's kind of understandable how his character went in that direction.

It's kind of why Revenge of the Sith, in my opinion, isn't COMPLETE garbage when compared to the rest of the prequels.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.