[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On december 18, This man is going to crouch down, spread his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1402346273592.jpg (23 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1402346273592.jpg
23 KB, 460x276
On december 18, This man is going to crouch down, spread his ass cheeks wide open, and take a steaming hot shit all over the star wars franchise. Are you guys ready for the upcoming shit storm?
>>
It's like the prequels never happened.
>>
>>63640639
It's not like it can get any worse.
>>
Pleb trash
>>
>>63640668
the fact that it's continuing is the same as it getting worse. the movies will inevitably become more stale and creatively bankrupt. we should have all moved on decades ago including Lucas.
>>
How exactly? The franchise is already shit. Worst case scenario is, its average. The plot is going to make sense and it'll at least look cool. Fuck it might even be better than 6 if at least 2 interesting things happen.

Take off your nostalgia glasses and see the OT for what it is, a generic hero's journey about space wizards that happened to do practical effects well for its time.
>>
>>63640639
Do you think he's into pegging?
His wife is so alpha
>>
>>63640639
The idea Jj Abrams will ruin the Starwars franchise, is like trying to say methadone will ruin the heroin franchise.

It's done dude.
>>
>>63640758
>Worst case scenario is, its average.

stories are built on suspense, which requires surprise, which requires originality.

that's why in spite of Joe Campbell we're not still literally watching versions of Gilgamesh.
>>
>>63640639
good. Star Wars is shit anyway
>>
>>63640850
Ok? And ep. 7, won't literally be Gilgamesh either?
>>
>>63640639
It's going to be average and unremarkable. Abrams doesn't do anything else.
>>
>>63640639
What do you talk about? I got a ticket on december 17.
>>
>>63640741
attack of the clones was one of the worst movies ever made. Empire was one of the better movies made.

its not going to be better than empire, its not going to be worse than ep2.

So the only question that remains is... how does disney think this is going to be a billion dollar a year franchise? Especially considering JJ doesn't have a single billion dollar franchise under his belt.
>>
>>63640924
fantasy like Star Wars can't be average, it's literally impossible, it's only fuckawesome or dreadful.

average is the worse case scenario, you just don't realize how bad average is.
>>
>>63640977
>how does disney think this is going to be a billion dollar a year franchise?

merchandising for one, and they're building a theme park. if Disneyworld can inexplicably make money for decades I suppose Star Wars can (spoiler alert: it won't, it will just take money away from Disneyworld)
>>
>>63641067
Even overstock chains are throwing away star wars merchandise.
>>
>>63640965
My ticket is for december 16
>>
>>63641067
what disney doesn't seem to realize is the reason star wars was so successful in 1977 was because not only was there nothing like it in film, there was nothing like it in merchandise either.

Now, almost 40 years later, star wars is the standard template for blockbusters and the standard template for merchandising.

So... what the hell does disney expect here?
>>
>>63641532
The mindless droning consumer whores to hand over all their dosh.
>>
>>63641532
They will still succeed. Stop kidding yourself
>>
>>63640639
On the 18th? Why are you so far behind? What shithole are you from?
>>
>>63640850
Wish I was, Gilgamesh is epic.
>>
>>63640639
>taking a shit on a series made for manchildren and to sell toys
Like, taking a shit on top of a shit?
>>
File: 1423384718589.jpg (84 KB, 802x437) Image search: [Google]
1423384718589.jpg
84 KB, 802x437
>>63640639
>>
Can someone tell me why americans get to see their own movie 2 days after europeans see it
LMAO
>>
>>63644112
LMAO SO WITTY /V/ POSTS AHAHAHAA
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.