[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hbo -the-leftovers-season-3-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: the-leftovers.jpg (176 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
the-leftovers.jpg
176 KB, 1080x720
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hbo-the-leftovers-season-3-end-1201658594/
How come there hasn't been a thread for this yet?
Glad we're getting another season, I hope they make it up for Season 2.
>>
>make it up for Season 2
But it was good.
>>
More magical hotel purgatory land!
>>
>>63639837
lurk moar
>>
Hope we go back to comfy small town New york instead of niggervile, Texas
>>
Is it cOLD in here
>>
>>63639837
there was a thread earlier you fucking sand nigger
>>
>>63640079
If you didn't like International Assassin then you are a faggot. Great episode, maximum comfy until the well.
>>
I'm hoping we get Mary's side of the story from the hotel.
>>
Really hope the third season has some focus on Jill. She was just kind of there this season
>>
File: leftovers - bird.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
leftovers - bird.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>63640511
>>
>>63640547
The hotel wasn't real.
>>
>>63641059
you are not real
>>
>>63640547
we will, but that place won't appear to her as a hotel
>>
>>63641363
Considering she was a vegetable there...
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 406x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 406x489
First time hearing it's renewed
>>
>>63640511
agreed. shit was amazing.
>>
>>63641648
feelio when goosebumps when kevin did the cough-cock move
>>
Best show on tv. Have trouble recommending it to people though. My brother dropped it after 2 episodes because "I get that 2% of the population vanished but wouldn't they be over it 3 years later?" My granddad really likes it though, watched the first season with him and he cried at the end. Gonna show him the 2nd season later this week.
>>
So is Kevin a literal shaman now?
>>
>>63642264
>"I get that 2% of the population vanished but wouldn't they be over it 3 years later?"

Is there something wrong with this statement?
>>
>>63642870
I think 3 years isn't that long for people to adjust to the fact that the universe no longer makes any kind of sense.
>>
>>63642870
A lot is wrong with that statement.

That's 120 million people who just vanished randomly one day with no answers. You don't know why. You don't know how. You don't know if you'll ever see them again, or if they are alive. And worst of all - you don't know if it will happen again.

Religious panics have been started on much less.
>>
Will the ATFEC go to war with the Guilty Remnant next season?
>>
>>63643008
>>63643015
Normies get over their existential crises after several months of binge drinking, though.

One year later (the book) was a lot more believable. But the book was still a load of wank.
>>
>>63643078
If they do it'll be a background detail that hardly matters. The real question is will the Garveys and the Murphys be ok?
>>
>>63643078
>implying anything from season 1 will ever be mentioned again

lindelof's original plan was to dump the S1 cast entirely. But HBO bitch slapped him.
>>
Season 3 will be steadily increasing levels of surrealism and insanity and end with the "shocking" revelation that kevin died in the animal shelter.
>>
>>63643227
All the series does is take a condition we already live in (we can die at any moment, we don't understand anything, we might never be happy) and brings it to the forefront via a mass supernatural event.
>>
>>63643302
L O S T
>>
>>63643332
Yes? And? Did alcohol cease to exist in this universe as well?
>>
Remember that lindelof browses 4chan and rejects ideas based upon what 4chan predicts.

So post every stupid idea you can to force him to come up with something that isn't shit.
>>
>>63643360
Yeah, and people get what they can out of it. But they still have problems.
>>
>>63643332
Fucking A, this is why I love this show.
>>
>>63643404
The primary supposition of the series is a mass existential crisis would cause mass insanity.

Its literally "THE SHEEPLE WOKE UP!!" the series.

The problem is people deal with this shit every day.
>>
>>63643404
wait, alcohol did cease to exist in the leftovers?

Now that would trigger some shit.
>>
>>63641011
I know this is related to the birds in the box. But how exactly? Do birds have a trial they need to pass in the hotel to come back?
>>
>>63643480
No I meant it does still exist.
>>
>>63643227
I'm sorry, but that's fucking stupid. Nothing like this has ever happened, so you can't compare it to what "normies" do right now.
>>
>>63643513
Yes. If the bird can escape the hotel without being smashed by a magical pedophile negro masquerading as a hotel concierge, they come back to life.
>>
>>63643433
It's still surprising how I see people who are watching the second season and still don't get it. They keep looking for clues and patterns to explain the departure and the other possibly supernatural shit. They might cause a LOST like backlash when the series ends and they don't find out any of that shit.
>>
>>63643447
What mass insanity? Do you even watch the show?

And no, people don't deal with supernatural events every dad you imbecile.
>>
>>63643447
>People deal with world-altering supernatural events every day
I wonder why people have so much trouble understanding this show.
>>
>>63643551
>existential crises never happen

So you're a lateteen/early20s kind of guy.
>>
>>63643625
>Comparing a genuine supernatural event to your dad's midlife crisis.

Stick with the CBS comedies, pal.
>>
>>63643385
Lindelof you fuck, why'd you have to go make a good show. I had you pegged as a hackfraud since Lost.
>>
>>63643593
>what mass insanity
The nationwide cult of old fat mute chainsmokers?

The fact a group of people can hijack a schoolbus (committing an act of kidnapping for every kid on the bus) and suffer no consequences?

All the idiots camping outside jarden?
>>
File: Justin-Theroux.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Justin-Theroux.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>63643262
They learned from True Detective. Why would you get rid of Theroux anyway. No homo, he's my hubandfu.
>>
>>63643679
End result has been identical so far, apart from the insistence it took people 3 years to get to the stages of grief people get to after a year?
>>
>>63643723
>they learned from true detective
... TDS2 and leftoversS2 were submitted and produced at about the same time. Leftovers finished production before TDS2 aired.
>>
>>63643699
Dude, cults exists NOW.

All evidence suggests that they are a minority of the populace in the show as well. Remember when the sheriff calls the FBI and they ask him if he wants them to come and execute all the GR?
>>
>>63643699
They didn't hijack the bus. They just sort of left it there.

Obviously there are consequences, if all the beatdowns the GR suffers isn't evidence of that. Oh, and ATFEC.

The cult thing is pretty self-explanatory. Religions can't explain this shit. So their credibility goes out the window.
>>
>>63643795
Thanks for reinforcing my argument.
>>
>>63643732
I've explained what's wrong with the statement, I'm not going to sit here and subject myself to you moronically parroting the same statement over and over. Think what you want, you got answer.
>>
>>63643732
>stages of grief

You know that's not a real thing right? Grief doesn't have neatly defined stages that everyone gets through within a year. That's an old pop psych idea that shitty writers use because it's simple.
>>
>>63643799
By federal law, the second the GR so much as intentionally impeded the schoolbus, every person involved was guilty of one count of kidnapping for every person on the bus.
>>
>>63643774
Oh, my bad. I got into this show after watching TD. I was on the fence for a long time because of Lindelof.
>>
>>63643821
Thanks for being a complete fucking idiot.
>>
>>63643845
The only thing you've claimed so far is the circumstances of the loss would change the grieving process.

Which is silly.
>>
>>63643846
So that's why denial, anger, depression, bargaining, acceptance are basically everywhere in leftovers.
>>
>>63643853
And I am sure federal investigators start looking into it immediately. Hence Lily being summoned to that GR house.

Perhaps they couldn't find her? At any rate they arrest her at the end of the season, I am sure we will see more of that in the last season.
>>
>>63643892
Yes, a supernatural unexplainable event is very different from the traumatic, but wholly explainable death.of a loved one.

Stop posting.
>>
>>63643922
Did I say those weren't real things? I said that grief doesn't go from one to the other in order and then you get over it within a year. People can grieve for a long time, in many different ways. You can't call bullshit on it because grief doesn't follow the "rules."
>>
>>63640256
>this
>>
>>63644068
This season was better than the last one, felt way more expansive.
>>
>>63643699
>All the idiots camping outside jarden?
Degenerates are everywhere, and massive events can bring them all together. Remember in Contact, the scene of the crazy camp outside the facility for the Vehicle?

Morons with no purpose will make great pilgrimages if they think they can find purpose there. They're still retards.
>>
>>63643008
Human kind has adjusted to way worse shit
>>
>>63644218
Like what?

Keep in mind that whatever your answer is, it's stupid as fuck.
>>
>>63642264
I really like this show, but I see your brother's point. It bothers me too. I think they should have made the departure population larger because honestly I think most people would simply move on.
>>
>>63644256
>>63644256
Your birth
>>
>>63644265
Most people probably have, but the show isn't about those people.
>>
Guys I am trying to find a particular track of music from Season 2. The theme can be heard in Season 1, it's the track called "A Blessing". In season 2 there is a version of this track with electric guitar. It's like a western version of the song. It's really excellent but not in the OST to my knowledge. It's heard in at least one episode in Season 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxEgGTJCl3I < Season 1 ost
>>
>>63644337
Actually one of the central themes of the second season is that no one is okay, even those who didn't know any departures.
>>
>>63644265
I'm sure Lindelof didn't want to make a hard sci-fi show. Taking like 10% of the pop would result in a serious change in the world economy. 2% is enough that the effects are felt worldwide, but the actual state of affairs would remain fairly unaffected.

In the first episode there's a clip of a radio broadcast that mentions the odds of losing a close relative, what 2% of the world pop actually is, etc.

And as this anon said >>63644337 I love that The Garveys, and now The Murphys, are dealing with traumatic family loss that isn't actually a departure.
>>
>>63644468
I know that, I'm just saying the show would suck if people were fine. So our main characters are all dealing with shit.
>>
>>63644633
I was disagreeing with your "most people have" statement. I don't think that's true.
>>
>>63644002
Holy wayne (and later the underwear model) was basically hanging around at the bargaining phase waiting for people to come and give money to get to acceptance. GR are all anger after denial, and laurie instructed the underwear model to look for people at depression.

So, yea, the stages of grief are basically the foundation of the entire series.
>>
>>63644548
Its an adaptation of a book. Lindelof had nothing to do with the book.

He just "squee'd" at the prospect of being able to do lost, but right this time.
>>
>>63643952
So you know nothing about human psychology.

Its okay, lindelof is banking on that.
>>
>>63646069
Literally too stupid to be worthy of further discussion.
>>
>go to archive
>ctrl+f leftovers
>24 matches

go fuck yourself op. you're a literal goddamn retard for thinking you're the first one to post news that is 4 days old about one of /tv/'s favorite shows this year
>>
Great article on the show.

www.vulture.com/2015/12/leftovers-is-one-of-the-great-dramas-in-american-tv.html
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.