[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"In letters to his friends, Guinness described the film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: ayy.jpg (55 KB, 800x457) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
55 KB, 800x457
>"In letters to his friends, Guinness described the film as "fairy tale rubbish", but the film's sense of moral good – and the studio's doubling of his initial salary offer – appealed to him, and he agreed to take the part of Kenobi on the condition that he would not have to do any publicity to promote the film."
He wasn't a good friend
>>
>>63639279
Based as fuck
>>
this nigga
>>
>Luke, did I ever tell you about Alec guinness?
>>
>>63639279
>fairy tale rubbish
Truer words have never been said
>>
Alec Guiness was basically reddit before out times
>>
File: pathological liar.jpg (40 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
pathological liar.jpg
40 KB, 400x534
> Luke did I ever tell you how I will make $300 million from Star Wars and you will make about $100k?
George is a good friend.
>>
>A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy. I shrivel inside each time it is mentioned. Twenty years ago, when the film was first shown, it had a freshness, also a sense of moral good and fun. Then I began to be uneasy at the influence it might be having. The bad penny first dropped in San Francisco when a sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. His elegant mother nodded with approval. Looking into the boy’s eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guessed that one day they would explode.

>“I would love you to do something for me,” I said.
>“Anything! Anything!” the boy said rapturously.
>“You won’t like what I’m going to ask you to do,” I said.
>“Anything, sir, anything!”
>“Well,” I said, “do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?”
>He burst into tears. His mother drew himself up to an immense height. “What a dreadful thing to say to a child!” she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities.
>>
>>63640142
>Thinks that when a child says they've done something "a hundred times" you should take that number literally
Why are actors so dumb?
>>
>>63639279
Alec was more into hacky Elmore Leonard airport novels.
>>
>complains about fairy tales
>was a devout christian

DUDE LMAO
>>
>>63639279
>on the condition that he would not have to do any publicity to promote the film."

If I was an actor I would try to get away with this as much as possible. Doing 100000 interviews in a week must be mind numbing.
>>
>>63639662
>Luke, did I ever tell you about Alec Guinness?
He thought Star Wars was all "fairy tale rubbish", as he himself put it.

Ben what's "Star Wars", what are you talking about?

>He also made a kid who loved Star Wars stop watching it from fear he'd grow up to live a life of childish banalities. He was a good friend.

Ben are you alright?

>Indeed, I was...
>>
>>63640261
Actors are generally egomaniacs, senpai.
>>
>>63639279
>He wasn't a good friend
The Irish never make good friends.
>>
>>63640223
actually you should! C'mon you've seen these films several hundred times if not thousands. the star shells are going off in your eyes.
>>
nerds BTFO
>>
>>63640257
someone's defensive. now insulting Christians. Are the little shells going off in your eyes, little one? my, my,my.
>>
Reminder that Obi-Wan and Anaking were never good friends, they constantly bitched about each other and at the best they got along.
>>
>>63640223
The number doesn't matter. Even watching them twice is excessive.
>>
>>63639279
He was only resentful because he took the quick paycheck instead of the royalty which he didn't expect it to become a 1st selling movie.
>>
>>63640048
Except he is the opposite of reddit.
>>
>>63640426

Alec Guinness got something like 2% of Lucas' box office proceeds.
>>
>>63640398
Watch more buddy cop flicks.
>>
>>63640426

confirmed for knowing jack about shit.
Alec was the only actor who took royalties % and therefore made a few hundred million dollars while the rest of the cast made less than 100 grand.
>>
>>63640675
>>63640426

I have heard that Alec got 2% of Lucas's 1/5 of box office proceeds. So how much did he make?
>>
>>63639279
I think he was just pissed that they decided to kill his character off in the middle of filming.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.