[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Film of the year?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: The_Martian_film_poster.jpg (50 KB, 258x382) Image search: [Google]
The_Martian_film_poster.jpg
50 KB, 258x382
Film of the year?
>>
>I'm going to Reddit the shit out of this
What did he mean by this?
>>
DUDE
THE MEME
LMAO
>>
not even close.
>>
>>63635647
why is that poster so fucking funny, I can't put my finger on it
>>
Memes aside, it wasn't horrible.
The dialogue could have been better at points, but it's okay.
>>
Reddit movie of the year
>>
Ridley Scott has really hit rock bottom.

Time to retire.
>>
I watched this flick for the first time yesterday. It was so god damn awful that I sighed in relief to the fact that I didn't pay money to watch this steaming pile of shit.
>>
yeah it honestly sucked. cringeworthy and cheesy emotion shit. The end when she reels him in with the tube looks like shit and is intercut with sitcom-level shots of the NASA scientists crying and stuff. No one even fucking dies either
>>
>>63635647
i was hoping for Castaway: Space Edition, but all i got was memes.

matt damon had 2 settings in that movie. quirky and irate. neither one done well.
>>
I can't even remember anything that happened in that movie, other than the horrible dialogue.
>>
>>63635647
Cool premise, but they decided to reddit the shit out of it.
>>
It was enjoyable. Some reddity dialogue, but at least it was an original idea and not just another remake/spinoff/capeshit/sequel/prequel.

Not movie of the year but worthy of a lesser award.
>>
>>63638043
>>63635774
>>63635677
>>63635692

what exactly is "reddit" about it? I never go there so I wouldnt know. I have watched it
>>
>>63635647
DUDE POOP LMAO
>>
>>63639725
>I'm going to have to science the shit out of this!
>Dude I'm a space pirate lmao
>the constant Jim Halpert "look at the shit I have to put up with" expressions

It's chock full of that off beat pseudo-nerd culture bullshit that makes non-autistic people cringe. Overall though, it's not a bad movie. Just hampered with needless appeals to redditard millennial faggots.
>>
For me it's between Youth and Carol.
>>
I gave up on this like 30 minutes in, beginning seemed rushed, that shitty actor from The Newsroom really pisses me off and Damon doesn't have the ability to carry a movie all on his own.

A much better film would be The Last Days on Mars, which I highly recommend.
>>
>>63635647
Matt Damon emotionally gardening on mars does not do it for me.
>>
>>63635647
It was good, but Apollo 13 did the same premise much better. But I like sci fi and want more non-action stuff, and this fit the bill nicely.
>>
>>63640446
>Luckily, I'm a botanist
>Mars will come to fear my botany powers

Fuuucking kill me
but yeah its an alright movie, the field surgery scene in the beginning was pretty cool
>>
>>63640654
This was my thought from about 20 minutes in until the end. Apollo 13 was the same concept but better, had a superior cast, and a more serious tone because everything in that movie actually happened.

And Cast Away managed to do the same thing with a fictional story, and not muck it up with half-hearted meme dialogue.
>>
>>63640818
Is this the first sci-fi movie where the main character is a botanist? Feels like it
>>
Dunno why but casting Damon again as the scientist stranded on a planet felt shitty. The movie felt like a second-rate Interstellar without the theme of humanity.

Also knew that le ebin botanist would gtfo from mars alive and the ending was disappointing "SO I GROW POTATO IN SHIT IN SPACE DUDE LMAO"
>>
A waste of time.
I don't get why it got so highly considered both among critics and the general public and got so many award nominations and made so much money.
It doesn't have a redeemable quality. Dialogue, editing, music, cinematography, acting; everything is mediocre or below. The effects were good, I guess, except for the zero gravity and some other stuff.
>>
>>63640446
no it only makes edgy 4chan fedoras cringe because they take themselves so seriously that any silly nerd jokes literally offend them whereas non-autistic people just don't care
>>
>>63642886
Found the redditor
>>
>>63642914
found the autist
>>
>>63642886
yeah ok Matt Damon. This movie was promoted in multiple publications as being "hard sci-fi". In reality it was only hard sci-fi for people who facebook shit like "I FUCKIN LOVE SCIENCE XD!". Autists like myself who read Asimov's and F&SF for fun and scientific journals for school and work were underwhelmed with the "hard scifi" elements
>>
the dialogue and monologue was absolute garbage, as if written by some teenagers on fucking twitter or fb
>>
yify when
>>
>>63642886
should have posted this to /r/(You)
>>
>>63635647
Best comedy for sure
>>
Gotta love how /tv/ claims to be good film critics, but their only criticism for this movie is "He said a couple of lines I don't like, hurr".
>>
>>63645673
then hit us with your enlightened criticisms, Siskel
>>
File: krampus.jpg (453 KB, 1024x1582) Image search: [Google]
krampus.jpg
453 KB, 1024x1582
nah senpai
>>
>>63642886
>nerd jokes
Your mom is gonna be pissed when she finds out you didn't take the trash out.
>>
>>63645794
but he liked the movie.
>>
>>63647110
>liking a movie prevents you from being critical or objective

maybe for fanboys and children.
>>
>>63635647
I've read the book and am now waiting for DVD release date to see the movie. Is it similar?

Book was pretty good.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.