[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, S3 then ? Fucking cliffhanger... That episode was good tough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 51K%2BTX8KZpL._SX940_.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
51K%2BTX8KZpL._SX940_.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
So, S3 then ?
Fucking cliffhanger...
That episode was good tough
[spolier]I'm just watching this for Mary Steenburgen, actually...[/spoiler]
>>
no it's still season 2. just a break for the holidays until the next half.
>>
>>63635336
its amazing how much better it is this season. it's almost as if the show runners read that EVERY SINGLE PERSON HATED TANDY and tried to make him not so fucking outrageously horrible of a person.

now that tandy isn't a self sabotaging psychopath moron the show is watchable.
>>
>>63635336
Both of those bitches are 100% dead, OP.
Literally the opposite of a cliffhanger
>>
>>63635480
the show is the same quality and humor it's been since the first episode. stop with this meme.
>>
File: woof.jpg (59 KB, 412x433) Image search: [Google]
woof.jpg
59 KB, 412x433
I watched the first 3 episodes and ran out of reasons to keep watching. It was too silly and annoying for me. Does it get more serious? Is there an actual storyline somewhere? And also could someone spoil and explain the season 2 cliffhanger? What happened and why does it matter? I tried watching the show after hearing about ''a great'' season 2 finale, but I'm really reluctant to keep watching the series if it's just what the first episodes let you to believe.
>>
>>63636297

>Niggerphil died from his appendix bursting
>Spacephil decided to ditch the ISS and the capsule burned up upon re-entry

It's not a cliffhanger, You see Niggerphil flatline and Spacephil's return capsule is breaking up and spinning as it enters orbit, there's literally no way he could have survived
>>
>>63636523
I have absolutely no idea who Niggerphil and Spacephil are, but that's obviously my fault. Thanks anyway, anon.
>>
>>63635336
>>63635424
its gonna continue next spring so 5 months from now or so

i must admit the last ep was really good
>>
>>63636736
Oh, derp, I thought you meant you watched the first three eps of Season 2. I'll spoiler an explanation.

[Spoiler]
Black dude named Phil Miller shows up about halfway through season one and becomes a regular character, hence Niggerphil

Phil's brother is an astronaut on the ISS and is the 'Last Man in Space' kinda thing since the rest of the crew apparently died. Spacephil is a misnomer, his name's not Phil, it's Mike [/spoiler] that was my mistake.
>>
>>63636914
Oh god damn it I missed the end spoiler.

But I guess those are main plotlines and not really spoilers anyway.
>>
File: 1450104031595.jpg (85 KB, 824x670) Image search: [Google]
1450104031595.jpg
85 KB, 824x670
>>63636952
Oh and the dude in Space is Phil's brother. I need a coffee, my brain is not working this morning.

>Pic related is me
>>
its ok...first season was close to unwatchable at times, i really dont know why ive watched all of this show so far

it is generally improving at least and i like the concept
>>
Mike crashes near Malibu. The impact brings BlackPhil back to life and he survives the surgery. Mike breaks the Ice Queen Melissa's fear of abandonment. She's next to get pregnant. Todd is sad because Gail will never make babies due to her dusty uterus. Carol will still struggle with (Tandy's?) infertility and will seek out Mike for that Miller baby.
>>
The end was surprisingly tense. Shit that surgery scene was pretty scary imho
>>
The darkest part about this show is that, even though humanity technically survived the virus, there aren't enough people left to create a viable population so humanity is inherently fucked.

Also, how fucking heart wrenching was it when Mike thought he had someone communicating back on his short wave radio, but it was just his signals bouncing off the ionosphere?
>>
>>63635336
why is season 2 feeling so bland to me, I loved the first season.
>>
>>63637429
I used to think it would be cool to be in phils position being able to fuck around doing whatever you wanted, but this last episode made it clear that if you get sick or something you are 100 fucked
>>
>>63637496

itd be good for maybe a year tops, maybe a few if youre some extreme loner and just dont care about human contact
>>
So Black Phil is definitely dead.
Maybe when new episodes start up, they'll show Mike actually dying, but he's definitely fucked.
>>
File: the last man on earth subtlety.png (1 MB, 1105x614) Image search: [Google]
the last man on earth subtlety.png
1 MB, 1105x614
>Big black gu and a big black bull in the same shot
SUBTLE
U
B
T
L
E
>>
>>63637955
He never felt like a permanent character with the intro that says "special guest: Boris Kodjoe"
>>
>>63637955
Carol with the giant epinephrine pen launching it into his heart
>>
I'm still waiting for the tone shift
This show just seems perfect for a dark twist, like gang of serious dudes show up trying to kill / rape
And the group has to get their shit together and start rebuilding society
>>
>>63638430
This TBQH, I think Black Phil will end up living, they'll bust out paddles or some shit.

Mike on the other hand,they don't need to physically show the death of because they essentially already did. Reentry without the heat shield oriented properly = certain death

It's a lot easier to restart a heart than it is to un-burn up upon reentry
>>
File: I like you.jpg (74 KB, 584x354) Image search: [Google]
I like you.jpg
74 KB, 584x354
>>63636914
>>63636952
>>63636987
I like your comedic enthusiasm, anon. I don't know whether you even like the show or not, but I'm going to push through it nonetheless just because of you.
>>
>>63636914
spacephill is the worm
>>
>>63636523
Is this your first show you've ever watched? You're functionally retarded if you think one or both of them won't live.
>>
>>63638821
thx famdamily

>>63638916
Damnn dude, you're right! I guess spacephil did die too.

The only thing that kiiinda bugs me about the whole ISS thing is the ISS won't be around anymore by the time this show is set, it's set to deorbit in the next few years.
>>
Asshole Phil was the best, I want that back!
>>
>>63639021
Another thing that bugged me, I'm not sure the time line but Phil blew up pitbulls yacht. Didn't they virus kill everybody before pitbull really made it big?
>>
>>63639076
Wait, when's the show set? When did the virus kill everybody?
>>
>>63639105
The show is set in 2020
>>
>>63639076
>>63639105
It's set in 2023 IIRC
>>
>>63639114
>>63639143
Oh, my bad
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.