[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Revenge of the sith's ending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Owen'shouse_screenshot4.jpg (222 KB, 1900x815) Image search: [Google]
Owen'shouse_screenshot4.jpg
222 KB, 1900x815
Even though this movie was 95% laughable shit (Grievous aka Hacky mccoughenstein, High ground, I'm so in love, NOOO, Sheev Spin, YOU WILL DIE), this particular scene almost made trudging through it worthwhile. It hit me in the feels hard.

Lucas is good with atmosphere and visual pottery, not so much dialogue.
>>
I remember wanting to bang Young Aunt Beru.
>>
I completely agree. The opening and ending shots of RoTS are masterful.

The prequels are like tone poems, they aren't cohesive films, but there is powerful emotion in various scenes.
>>
>>63633173
Definitely an underappreciated hottie while everyone else was drooling over Hershlag
>>
>>63633137
yes. Jorge does get that significance of sunsets and their effectiveness. Ending the prequels with that shot is by far the best thing he did with themm
>>
>>63633190
I think this is what disappoints people the most, they manage to hit a few beats perfectly which only makes the failures more apparent
>>
RoTS was the only prequel that had a chance at being goods
It's also the only one I can watch all the way through without getting mad and leaving.
>>
Yes, Lucas is obviously an abysmal script writer, but he can do visuals and occassionally hit emotional beats.

Like, the end Anakin and Obi Wan's duel was pretty good would have been really effective if their relationship in the rest of the movies wasn't terrible.
>>
Luke, did I ever tell you how I sent your sister to get adopted by rich nobles and to become a princess while I left you on a poor crime-infested desert to grow up moisture farmer? I was a good friend.
>>
>>63633372
>Like, the end Anakin and Obi Wan's duel was pretty good would have been really effective if their relationship in the rest of the movies wasn't terrible.
And if the lightsaber fights weren't just flailing your blade around trying to hit the opponent's sword.
>>
>>63633372
if attack of the clones was a condensed version of the clone wars tv show then there would be literally zero problem with the prequels other than the phantom menace
>>
>>63633137
The way the score KICK THE FUCK INTO GEAR in this scene as they look lovingly at Baby Luke and then it smashes into the credits...

There is no scene with higher amounts of poetry in the prequels. I dare you to name one
>>
>>63633137

>ah finally, the prequels are over and we're at the start of the original trilogy. What an inspiring relief, it's almost like real Star Wars for a second.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.