[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you like about the EU? I liked Kyle Katarn and Revan.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: NJO Absolukely Disgusting.jpg (79 KB, 432x394) Image search: [Google]
NJO Absolukely Disgusting.jpg
79 KB, 432x394
What did you like about the EU?

I liked Kyle Katarn and Revan.
>>
>>63632914
KOTOR 2
Classic Star Wars comic book is breddy good
>>
the two kotor games
jedi outcast games

that's it tb
>>
>>63632914
I like that every fucking character in movies have epic backstory and is the best of the best in something
>>
I haven't read a lot of EU stuff but Plagueis was okay
>>
>>63632914
Darth Bane.
He's still canon though apparently.

I liked the Mandalorian stuff pre-TCW. Yeah, I know people hated how competent and cool they were, but I honestly think Star Wars is more interesting if regular human beings can challenge Jedi on equal footing given enough technical advantages.
>>
Personally I wouldn't be surprised if a Kyle Katarn like character reappears in Star Wars, especially in Rogue One.
>>
I liked Luke growing and growing into a powerful and wise Jedi and mentor. Space Jesus basically.
>>
>>63632914
yuuzhong vong
>>
The IG 88 chapter, but mostly because he was cool in Shadows of the Empire
>>
>>63633339
For you.
>>
>>63633339
Mandalorians aren't normal people. They are a people breed for war. Their entire culture revolved around their military.
>>
>>63633442
No he Fucking was not.
Thinking about that fucker and his Goddamn grenades is pissing me off rn
>>
Boshek's story in the EU

Corran Horn

Lando's cool adventures/stories/business ventures
>>
I liked

>KotOR i & II
>Kyle Katarn
>Quinlan Vos' story.
>Uncle Villie
>Legacy
>>
Thrawn
>>
European Union?
>>
>>63632914
This game.
>>
>>63633423
>mary sue space lizards.

Nah they were lame as fuck dude.
>>
>>63634532
since when are extragalactical creatures not overpowered?
>>
File: Darth_Zannah_TERC.jpg (679 KB, 1000x1280) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Zannah_TERC.jpg
679 KB, 1000x1280
The games count as EU, right?

In that case, Dark Forces, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, KOTOR 1&2, TIE Fighter and Republic Commando.

>>63633339

Darth Bane was... boring. Unimaginative. It sounds like someone was having their first go at Star Wars and rarely bothered to flesh out the world(s) or the Sith beliefs or the Force or anything really. That said, I still liked Zannah.
>>
>>63633238
my nigga
KOTOR2 was probably the closest star wars ever came to complex philosophy. i really enjoyed it
>>
the EU had some good but mostly retarded stuff i haven't read most of the books but i know they focused way too much on the original trilogy cast and there kids too much.
>>
File: Exar_Kun_Architect.jpg (564 KB, 917x1098) Image search: [Google]
Exar_Kun_Architect.jpg
564 KB, 917x1098
>>63634630

Oh shit and I forgot about the comics too.

I love Tales of the Jedi (both the Naga Sadow and Exar Kun arc), Crimson Empire and Empire.
>>
>>63633529
No one ever mentions Corran Horn besides me. Based anon. He's awesome all the way back to the X Wing series.

Oh, and on topic: Starfighters of Adumar is best EU book of all time. Wedge, Tycho, Hobbie, and Wes are the best gang of friends ever. Plus they're facing off against Baron Fel and the 181st. Just an all time great book.
>>
>>63632914
KOTOR had a great lore and expanded on some cool places. Made the universe feel very alive with all the stores, side quests, locations, etc.
>>
>that time kyle katarn and dash rendar made out for a bit
>>
>>63634453
This

Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast are still goddamn amazing, and no game has managed to come even close to their brilliance in the genre of third person melee
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.