[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck Robertson father didnt jump in the same place that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: The-Knick.jpg (74 KB, 658x379) Image search: [Google]
The-Knick.jpg
74 KB, 658x379
Why the fuck Robertson father didnt jump in the same place that Cornelia did? She said it was about 6 metres fall, is very possible he wouldn't have died... was it suicide because of Cornelia 'treason'?
>>
He was fucked and he'd rather die than face punishment.
>>
File: KNICK-RECAP_612x380.jpg (70 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
KNICK-RECAP_612x380.jpg
70 KB, 612x380
>>63633322
>>63632679
I don't think he wanted to die, I think he figured the fall would injure him and he'd die anyway so he tried to find another way out
>>
The Captain may turn out to have been guilty, I don't think so, but I admit the possibility is valid. But even if he was guilty, I don't think he committed suicide. There's a big difference between making a potentially (we don't know how high the jump really was/the Captain's physical strength/if he was insuring Neely got out) erroneous split second life or death decision and deliberately committing suicide. I hope all the people who are asking why didn't he jump like it was super obvious plot hole don't have a nationwide audience scrutinizing their every move next time they are in a burning building.
>>
Because like he said, he wanted to go to the top and wait for the help to arrive instead of jumping right away. It was a possibility.

Also, was it possible that someone else did all those crimes and then tried to set Robertson up in the documents?
>>
>>63634707
My money's on Henry, but Barrow is a wild card and the Captain being guilty fits too, even though I hope that's not the case.
>>
>>63634707
It could be Henry, they have been writing him up as spoilt rich boy for a while now. plus they haven't brought up the whole subway investment thing in a couple of episodes, so it's likely to have something to do with that.
>>
Oh fuck, I was trying to think of outside the box culprits for the fire and while it's a huge long shot Opal being the arsonist would explain why she was introduced and then basically forgotten. It would also mirror Evelyn's actions this season.
>>
>>63635087
the arsonist is obviously Barrow. why the fuck would Opal do that? because they didn't hire her husband? doesn't make sense.
>>
File: showalter.jpg (120 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
showalter.jpg
120 KB, 615x409
>>63634707
This nigga. Maybe the Captain was covering him because of his debt with him. But Showalter will become definitively the next 'villain' in the series.
>>
>>63635137
Do you know what the terms "outside the box" and "huge long shot" mean? She's done nothing this season except rail against the natural order, that's why I think it's a possibility, albeit infinitesimal.
>>
>>63635137
Also no way is it "obviously" Barrow. They have done an excellent job setting up multiple suspects with logical motivations.
>>
>>63634707
I dunno senpai, his backstory in this VERY EPISODE reveals he's kind of a scumbag deep down, with infecting a ton of Nicaraguans with smallpox.
>>
>>63635207
I think it's too obvious, keep in mind that they've continually subverted the expectation that he's a monstrous rapist since his first appearance.
>>
>>63632679
Is it good?
I was a bit repulsed when I saw the c-sec birthing thing like 5 minutes into the show, usually not a wimp when it comes to gore but its some next level shit. I like these period dramas, even when they're a bit on the soft side, Poirot, Mr Selfridge (yep I know), Boardwalk Empire, which is why I downloade this anyway.
The main actor guy looks pretty confident, acting-wise.
Is it worth it?
>>
>>63635347
Contextually he could have inadvertently caused a smallpox outbreak and still be a good person. I thought the point of the flashback was to show that the previously only-whispered-about incident in Nicaragua wasn't nearly as bad as we could have imagined. I'm loving the ambiguity though.
>>
>>63635347
I think that backstory reveals the contrary, that he is weak/vulnerable, not an evil mastermind as Cornelia thinks... And he seems very confident defending himself from the accusations, I dont think he is 100% guilty, not for murder at least.
>>
>>63635441

It's a very well acted show. A rarity today.
>>
>>63635441
It's the best series on air, senpai, of course it's worth it
>>
>>63635445

Also, the fact that he barely escaped that incident with his life might have served a good warning not to do it again.
>>
>>63635582
Excellent point, can't wait to see how it shakes out. I don't think I can remember the last time a show was so wonderfully opaque.
>>
Expectations for the finale?
>>
File: 1447500738496[3].png (858 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447500738496[3].png
858 KB, 1280x720
No one is allowed to be happy on this show. How is Dr. Chikorita gonna fuck this up?
>>
this show is so fucking boring
>>
>>63637373
Honestly, I try not to speculate too much about what's going to happen. This show is all about playing with expectations, and so much happens in any given scene that if you're thinking about what's coming next then you'll invariably miss something.
>>
>>63638291
Sorry there's not aliens coming out of the sky or nonsensical trips to the afterlife.
>>
>>63634707
>>63634846
>>63635207
It's so obviously Henry.
He's the only person other than his father that has the same access to all the ports and paperwork as his father. Hes even on the board with his father as the Knick, they practically have equal power and the same family connections to bribe whoever.
Earlier in the season he even gives his Dad and attitude about not selling the old shipping boats for financial reasons- which he ended up being right about, showing hes ahead of the game for whats right for business-which is what the whole conspiracy is about: money.
The whole season has him acting like this good guy, having this shy awkward schoolboy crush on Lucy and always sticking up for Dr. Edwards because everyone else a racist dick to him, cus hes "such a good guy!"
And when his sister showed him all the evidence, he was like "you're right, is him. Theres no other explanation!"
Henry was the only other person that new his sister and father would be in the building. In fact, if I remember right hes the one who wanted to have the confrontation there- somewhere with no witnesses and no escape.
And he just happens to show up, right after the fire to comfort his sister.
>>
>>63638697
I thought it was Barrow who set the building on fire to slow down the construction but this also makes sense
>>
>>63638697
idk man the possibility of murdering your own father and sister is kind of a stretch for me
>>
>>63638697
I can agree with the beginning of your message. But if he set his building on fire to kill his sister and father, it's just retarded and extremely over the box... I seriously hope the writers dont make a le epic nolan twist xD, and Barrow just burn the building for money...
>>
>>63638697
What’s more, Lucy has fallen pretty deep into the “I’ll sin for my own self-interest” rabbit hole. It’ll be interesting to what she does if she finds out the guy she’s courting is a murderer. Also, with Old Man Robertson out of the way, Henry won’t have any problems proposing to her, which makes the situation all the more complicated.

tl;dr Lucy is the key to all of this.
>>
>>63633322
He's not the one that committed the crimes really. Not the big ones anyway. It's the Son who was doing it.

It's blatantly obvious.
>>
Most characters are getting a shit plate, but Algernon is completely fucked right now. Damaged eyesight nearly one eyed, no support against Gallinger and the only member on the board fighting for him is gone now. He is a few episodes short of losing his job.
>>
>>63639604
Fucking makes me mad there are no titties.
>>
>>63639671
Well the Walking Dead girl got naked again, but you're still pretty much correct in "no titties"
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.